Ivan Calero joins on trial from Atletico Madrid

Carl Sagan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain to me how/why the captain of a young Spain side, who plays for Atletico Madrid, is on the bench for Derby?

You'd have thought that he would be at a big club of international renown - one with at least two stars on their badge - and not little old Derby.

With the recent success at AM he probably does not have a chance to break into their match day squad or first team. Probably recognized he needs to move. I don't blame any young Spanish player choosing England over Spanish teams outside the top 6 or so. Entirely logical. 

Find him then, he's got nothing on there in the previous squads.

No doubt he's played, but I don't know about being some kind of key man in the international set up.

Stop digging, Srg!

In the link in my original post, he is described as "The striker and captain of the Under 19 squad" and they're reporting on him scoring the winning goal for the Spanish U19s in some international tournament. And then Jenkinson shows you a photo of him wearing the captain's armband.

Yes the Spanish U19 captain is on the bench for a pre-season friendly away at Ilkeston. You could argue it's final proof that you are living in a computer simulation (http://www.simulation-argument.com/), but otherwise, just rejoice at that news!

Archived