Simon Francis

Srg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Bournemouth-defender-Simon-Francis/story-21305854-detail/story.html

"reports that Derby have had two bids for the 29-year-old rejected appear to be wide of the mark.

The Derby Telegraph understands the Rams inquired about Francis around a month ago.

They were told the player was not for sale and there has been no contact between the clubs since."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Bournemouth-defender-Simon-Francis/story-21305854-detail/story.html

"reports that Derby have had two bids for the 29-year-old rejected appear to be wide of the mark.

The Derby Telegraph understands the Rams inquired about Francis around a month ago.

They were told the player was not for sale and there has been no contact between the clubs since."

The whole report was a bit of  a let down nothing new

what an anti climax that report was...

but an interesting take on it is, if Derby have not bid for Francis then where have the rumours come from? not just one bid but supposedly two bids...somebody check whether Mr Francis is due a new contract  :ph34r:

Another point to look at would be if Derby are saying that plans for a 2.5m bid for Thorne are premature then are West Brom simply slipping that figure out into the tabloids for other potential suitors to see?

I dont get this.

We have our local paper saying no bid have been put in etc.

Then next thing its on the official Bournemouth website that we have.

Someone is telling porkies.

I get the impression the club is trying to stay quiet on all deals as much as possible...especially with the whole Thorne saga on the go.

I get the impression the club is trying to stay quiet on all deals as much as possible...especially with the whole Thorne saga on the go.

I think you are right.

Derby nowadays conduct themselves in a far more dignified manner than the others who just go running off at the mouth whenever it suits them (i.e. when they need to pacify the fans or sell season tickets). 

I dont get this.

We have our local paper saying no bid have been put in etc.

Then next thing its on the official Bournemouth website that we have.

Someone is telling porkies.

The media might have been asked to play it down by the club. If Bournemouth announce that they rejected a bid, it's fairly safe to assume that we made a bid.

I think you are right.

Derby nowadays conduct themselves in a far more dignified manner than the others who just go running off at the mouth whenever it suits them (i.e. when they need to pacify the fans or sell season tickets).

Thats the old regime you are talking about....wash your mouth out...

I think you are right.

Are Bournemouth not doing what Derby did when announcing we rejected a bid for Bryson?

Thats the old regime you are talking about....wash your mouth out...

Well, the old regime certainly went running off at the mouth when it suited them.

Archived