Simon Francis

Srg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is pretty pointless negotiating so hard that you don't actually sign anyone who makes the squad stronger.

This

Dom
@reluctantnicko heard anything more for Derby, right-back maybe?

Alan Nixon
@DomHeathcote No word ... maybe waiting on Wisdom news ... might be a long wait.

This was four hours ago, just an hour later the Francis news was announced. Just a bit more confirmation that the sun doesn't shine out of Nixon's arse.

I'd rather we sign a 29 year old permanently who has played a season at this level than some 22 year old kid who's never played a game but who considers the move as "dropping down" looking to prove himself to someone else other than us.

I'm also a big believer that the sum is greater than the parts and if Mac and his scouts think this bloke fits into the ethos and does his job, I'm comfortable with him coming in.

Even though I'm yet to be convinced by Steve's overall transfer record, he's not signed a rank bad player for Derby yet either (maybe Naylor aside, that signing just bemuses me).

I agree with those who say the underwhelming signings are usually the ones who work out for the best.

No complaints at all from me if this lad comes in. He appears to be solid which is pretty much what we need.

I'd rather we sign a 29 year old permanently who has played a season at this level than some 22 year old kid who's never played a game but who considers the move as "dropping down" looking to prove himself to someone else other than us.

I'm also a big believer that the sum is greater than the parts and if Mac and his scouts think this bloke fits into the ethos and does his job, I'm comfortable with him coming in.

Even though I'm yet to be convinced by Steve's overall transfer record, he's not signed a rank bad player for Derby yet either (maybe Naylor aside, that signing just bemuses me).

I agree with those who say the underwhelming signings are usually the ones who work out for the best.

No complaints at all from me if this lad comes in. He appears to be solid which is pretty much what we need.

Saves scouting and then buying a completely new full back who will effectively just be cover. Naylor already knows the place and won't be on massive wages and he's decent cover in my eyes... 

Saves scouting and then buying a completely new full back who will effectively just be cover. Naylor already knows the place and won't be on massive wages and he's decent cover in my eyes... 

MIchael Boulding ring any bells?

No-one, no matter what kind of stick I have to take about it, is going to convince me that the signing and then subsequent re-signing of Lee Naylor is anything other than Mac doing an ex player of his a favour.

Which is fine, maybe he knows him and he feels he knows what he can expect from him, it happens all the time in football and it's ok as long as we're up front about it and dont try to pass it off a decent signing.

The lad couldn't get a game for Accrington Stanley and he's here for a year and a half?

I think the the general consensus on every player we are being linked with seams to be that every one of them is underwhelming what are some of you people on???? We are a championship side with a good team and would probably have to spend 2-3 million in most positions to improve the side. We are not going to spend that.!!! I think if we were to get Thorne lucas jutk ( can not spell his name) Francis maybe the young argentine n another cb for under 4 million that's good business n gives us a great chance next season.

MIchael Boulding ring any bells?

No-one, no matter what kind of stick I have to take about it, is going to convince me that the signing and then subsequent re-signing of Lee Naylor is anything other than Mac doing an ex player of his a favour.

Which is fine, maybe he knows him and he feels he knows what he can expect from him, it happens all the time in football and it's ok as long as we're up front about it and dont try to pass it off a decent signing.

The lad couldn't get a game for Accrington Stanley and he's here for a year and a half?

How many other players better than Lee Naylor would we be able to get, knowing that they're only going to sit on the bench and never realistically going to be in the first team picture unless there is a huge injury crisis?

How many other players better than Lee Naylor would we be able to get, knowing that they're only going to sit on the bench and never realistically going to be in the first team picture unless there is a huge injury crisis?

I agree with you fully Yorkshire. 

He's nearly 35 years old and clearly not good enough at Championship level but he's here for one eventuality. To get a minute or two if there's no other option.

That's why I was so surprised Saul Deeney got so much stick, it's why I was surprised when there was a near 40 page thread panicking about MIchael Boulding coming in on trial and then getting a short term months deal.

Lee Naylor is the same type of signing. Not decent cover at all but someone we'd throw on in a real emergency  or at a push if we were already 3 or 4 nil up with 4 minutes to go, and even then it wouldn't be right.

Archived