Simon Francis

Srg

I agree with you fully Yorkshire. 

He's nearly 35 years old and clearly not good enough at Championship level but he's here for one eventuality. To get a minute or two if there's no other option.

That's why I was so surprised Saul Deeney got so much stick, it's why I was surprised when there was a near 40 page thread panicking about MIchael Boulding coming in on trial and then getting a short term months deal.

Lee Naylor is the same type of signing. Not decent cover at all but someone we'd throw on in a real emergency  or at a push if we were already 3 or 4 nil up with 4 minutes to go, and even then it wouldn't be right.

Exactly, I'd like to see Eros Medaglia given a chance over Naylor if he signed. He's meant to have quite a lot of potential according to reports in Argentina.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This suggests that either or both Francis and McClean rumours are false...

"https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3244846840/9d830bb8112c5f1e89690b6b544048e9_bigger.jpeg" alt="9d830bb8112c5f1e89690b6b544048e9_bigger.">Steve Nicholson ?@SNicholsonDT  1m

A day of WC football and separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to Rams' transfer talk. See tomorrow's @DerbyTelegraph #dcfc

Bloody he'll - how old was Nicholson when that photo was taken?

This suggests that either or both Francis and McClean rumours are false...

It annoys me that every time we bid for a player the other club is straight onto the media telling them they have rejected a bid

Anyway promotion winning teams are built around a blend of players so this guy may do a really good job   

My main bugbear too.

I long for the days to return when the first time we heard that we were signing someone was when the club released the picture of him wearing a Derby shirt.

MIchael Boulding ring any bells?

No-one, no matter what kind of stick I have to take about it, is going to convince me that the signing and then subsequent re-signing of Lee Naylor is anything other than Mac doing an ex player of his a favour.

Which is fine, maybe he knows him and he feels he knows what he can expect from him, it happens all the time in football and it's ok as long as we're up front about it and dont try to pass it off a decent signing.

The lad couldn't get a game for Accrington Stanley and he's here for a year and a half?

I don't think Naylor has ever played for McClaren. I think he considered him for an England squad once but he was never actually picked.

No-one, no matter what kind of stick I have to take about it, is going to convince me that the signing and then subsequent re-signing of Lee Naylor is anything other than Mac doing an ex player of his a favour.

Never worked with McClaren before.

Beaten to it!

I don't think Naylor has ever played for McClaren. I think he considered him for an England squad once but he was never actually picked.

You're right I think.

I'm wrong, unless he played for him in the under 21,s

Makes the signing even more remarkable but I've got to be honest and say I was wrong.

Nicholson is more closely associated with the club which, in my eyes, makes him more reliable.

But Nixons strike rate is really good, and I don't think the DET has ever had an exclusive on a dcfc transfer.

Nicholson is more closely associated with the club which, in my eyes, makes him more reliable.

Nixon seems to ask more questions to people trying to push transfers, Nicholson gets told what he's told.

If Derby don't want the public finding something out, even if he's told, he won't publish it. I'd argue Nixon can offer the 'juicy gossip' that he is fed from agents, advisors...etc and Nicholson can clarify the questions.

If Nicholson says we're interested then it's not 'speculation' rather than a given, but Nixon can find out where the bids are going and what not.

That's my take on it.

Nicholson said that the mccormack thing was nonsense, 24 hours later he backtracked and said we were monitoring him. He obviously knows some of the media boys at the club, but they don't know much about transfers.

Archived