Simon Francis

Srg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you look at his defensive stats, he was better than Wisdom last season.

More aerial duels won, more tackles, more interceptions, more clearances...etc

Statistically, this guy is brilliant - 10th best player in the league last season. What else have we got to go on? No one on here has seen him play anywhere near enough to cast judgement.

Im sold

Not quite sure who people were expecting us to sign.

Francis is decent both defensively and going forward, with a decent cross which the likes of Martin would feed off.

I'm sure in the past people were underwhelmed at the signings of Forsyth, Bryson and Martin but they have all done well, as did Brayford and Howard before them....and maybe underwhelmed at the appointment of McClaren in the first place.

I have every faith in what McClaren is trying to build going into next season so lets see who he brings in and judge them in a Rams shirt whether its Thorne, McClean, Juke and Francis or someone else they all deserve a fair chance.

Wisdom was not amazing. I would rather a right back be solid which Wisdom was rather than them bombing on and being "amazing" like people claimed Brayford.

A right back for us needs to be solid at the back  first and foremost and be able to be comfortable on the ball.

Bournemouth play good football so he would walk into our side without any problem

if you look at his defensive stats, he was better than Wisdom last season.

More aerial duels won, more tackles, more interceptions, more clearances...etc 

Statistically, this guy is brilliant - 10th best player in the league last season. What else have we got to go on? No one on here has seen him play anywhere near enough to cast judgement.

Sounds as if the new breed of 'analytical' scouts have dredged him up.

Heard of him and I know he's a decent player from a Bournemouth-supporting mate of mine.

Never actually seen him play apart from our home game against them and none of their team really stood out, in all honesty (although I'm not one to focus on opposition players during the match).

From what I've heard though, he is very much an attacking full-back (similar to Forsyth) which I'm not too pleased about.

Archived