Simon Francis

Srg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get concerened by the amount of unsuccesful bids we seem to be making. I would have thought that in Rush, Evans and McClaren there should be enough expertise to actually land some of these targets,

Think all this has always happened it just because of media and the net we hear about every bid. Also, we are working with a budget so every

I'm starting to get concerened by the amount of unsuccesful bids we seem to be making. I would have thought that in Rush, Evans and McClaren there should be enough expertise to actually land some of these targets,

Clubs could well be looking at the money we took from the play off final and upping the asking price for players. Look at the McCormack scenario, crazy price being asked. 

I'm glad we don't seem to be being held to ransom, however it would be good to get some players in soon. 

Clubs could well be looking at the money we took from the play off final and upping the asking price for players. Look at the McCormack scenario, crazy price being asked. 

I'm glad we don't seem to be being held to ransom, however it would be good to get some players in soon. 

We still have 2 months left, plenty of time.

Urgh, just bring brayford or wisdom back McClaren

Brayford is too content to play it safe and follow Nigel around after his Cardiff experience - I'm pretty confident he wouldn't have any desire to come back here without Nigel.

Wisdom, as discussed, will be hoping to break into the Liverpool team (can't see it) or at least get a loan to a Premiership team as the next stage in his development (can see it). If we were to re-sign him it would be at the end of August after all his  other options have been exhausted.

After a quick browse, I'd be delighted if we sign him.

Cresswell and Trippier were the only defenders more creative than him, a very telling statistic.

He sounds quite strong and domineering too - which would fill in for Wisdom nicely. 

However, I can't say i've ever seen him play or really noted him. I think he's the type of signing we should look at making though.

Brayford is too content to play it safe and follow Nigel around after his Cardiff experience - I'm pretty confident he wouldn't have any desire to come back here without Nigel.

Wisdom, as discussed, will be hoping to break into the Liverpool team (can't see it) or at least get a loan to a Premiership team as the next stage in his development (can see it). If we were to re-sign him it would be at the end of August after all his  other options have been exhausted.

fair enough, i agree with you on the brayford part, on the wisdom part I believe he'll come back

Regarding Wisdom, I doubt Liverpool would sell him to us anyway.The only reason we got him is because of McClaren. Rodgers wanted him to receive a top standard of coaching as opposed to just letting him get a few games in the Prem under his belt, the move was about improving him as a player. This suggests to me that he has a future there and that it's unlikely we'll see him back. 

After a quick browse, I'd be delighted if we sign him.

Cresswell and Trippier were the only defenders more creative than him, a very telling statistic.

He sounds quite strong and domineering too - which would fill in for Wisdom nicely.

However, I can't say i've ever seen him play or really noted him. I think he's the type of signing we should look at making though.

Looks good going forward and who cares about leaking goals we'll get 200 of our own goals (not own goals) you know what i mean, we'll score 200!

Came on to start a thread about this and see we're pretty much on 4 pages already! This board is quick off the mark.

If our first couple of bids for players are being accepted, to me that would indicate we're bidding over the odds. As Sam says, we're not going to be a soft touch any more.

Know little about him. Looks decent going forward in that video, and is reasonably tall so would hopefully help defend set pieces. If we want an attacking right back for the first team for all season, I'd prefer Brayford. Francis is the sort of attempted signing that reminds me of Naylor and will mainly be cover for when we get Wisdom back, but that wouldn't be until September at some point.

And what's wrong wirth Freeman? Came with a good reputation and that lot down the road were gutted, but hasn't kicked on seemingly. Yet I've always thought he's been OK when in the side.

Regarding Wisdom, I doubt Liverpool would sell him to us anyway.The only reason we got him is because of McClaren. Rodgers wanted him to receive a top standard of coaching as opposed to just letting him get a few games in the Prem under his belt, the move was about improving him as a player. This suggests to me that he has a future there and that it's unlikely we'll see him back.

True, plus with the extra games liverpool are gonna have this season, I think he will have a good chance of getting some game time. Probably in the Capital cup, but it's still a chance to prove himself.

We still have 2 months left, plenty of time.

Less than 6 weeks actually Ralph.

Yup less than six weeks.

The players are back in training and whilst there is time the sooner they come in the better as the more pre season they have together the better.

Looks good going forward and who cares about leaking goals we'll get 200 of our own goals (not own goals) you know what i mean, we'll score 200!

if you look at his defensive stats, he was better than Wisdom last season.

More aerial duels won, more tackles, more interceptions, more clearances...etc 

Statistically, this guy is brilliant - 10th best player in the league last season. What else have we got to go on? No one on here has seen him play anywhere near enough to cast judgement. 

Archived