England v Uruguay

Day

Just one more comment. Everyone knew our defense was weak, so no complaints there. But Joe Hart... he has become the cliche mad goaly hasn't he. He seems completely mental. Someone needs to take him down a peg. He is not as good as he thinks when he is being a nutter. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 upfront 2 defensive midfielders start every game playing for a draw he got to drastically change it next week if were going to try and get 2 goals. There's no firepower upfront just relying on Rooney and sturridge isn't going to get us far. For me the world cups over look forward to derby taking the championship by storm instead ;)

on the 2 performances   Costa Rica isn't going to be a formality ...!!!!!!   Italy will beat Costa Rica  ...then drop several players when they play Uruguay  and play out a draw  ...  England v Costa Rica   ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

You can say that in pretty much any match. The difference here is that the closest chances that weren't scored were England's, and they ultimately played quite well overall.

Be proud that England are still one of the stronger national sides in the World, one that can genuinely be disappointed to go out in a group of death like this one.

I honestly think England are a bunch of mediocre footballers living off the hype of the Premier League. I accepted this, and was therefore impressed with their display against Italy as I thought they played well.

As for tonight, I just think Hodgson got it wrong and a few players massivley underperformed. 

Steven Gerrard and Henderson in the middle offered nothing, not even protection for the back four. Our front four, Rooney was guilty of a couple of missed chances, Sterling was wasted out wide, Welbeck offered nothing and Sturridge IMO was our MOTM.

But IMO I think Uruguay created the better chances, and I was amazed they didn't score at the beginning of the second half. 

They created chances through good play (excluding their second goal), other than our goal, our chances came as a result of excellent individual play rather than a team move.

I think Roy has made a big cockup aswell, as in both games, Uruguay and Italy were just sitting there allowing us to go out wide and we didn't have anyone on the pitch who could attack in the air. I'm not one for lumping it in the box but you'd rather do that with Lambert in there than any other player.

Good season for Gerrard. Cost Liverpool the title and all but gets us knocked out of the WC. A different kind of special player....

Haha yep and of course those key moments are the ones people remember, I agree but i'd also say other than that, he's adapted to the deeper role well for Liverpool and had a good season.

Haha yep and of course those key moments are the ones people remember, I agree but i'd also say other than that, he's adapted to the deeper role well for Liverpool and had a good season.

He's a woeful choice as England Captain. Lead by example? No. Vocal and inspirational? No.

Seriously, where was this "great team spirit" that this group's supposed to have? Based on tonight's performance it looked as though half of them have never even met each other before....

Until the Premier League somehow manage to limit the number of foreign players playing in that league, our young players have no chance of playing regularly at the top level. As such, I'd much rather watch an all (or substantially) British Rams squad play in the Championship than a bunch of foreign players in Rams shirts in the Premiership. I know Wanchope, Stimac, Baano, Eranio etc made fantastic contributions for us, but at least we had some Brits among them. Might be contentious but that's how I feel at the minute and that's how I feel when the best Prem teams turn out 90% foreign teams. My father in law is a lifelong Newcastle fan and Alain DePardue and his French foreign legions have no idea what it's about to wear a black and white striped shirt, as the local derby defeats to the Maccams clearly show. Is this a rant? If so, it's over!

Retwitteado por LFCTS

How can anyone question Gerrard as a footballer? The experts are everywhere on twitter tonight "https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f634" title="Cara durmiendo" alt="1f634">

Archived