1-1

Suarez to start, goes off before half time clearly not fit to play

Sturridge to score just after half time

Uruguay to equalise in the last minute

Ref has a shocker again and twitter is full of tweets about the commentators

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with the way the world cup is going  , eg abysmal refereeing ,  shock scores ,  anything is possible it would be typical of England to beat Uruguay  1 - 0  .. then draw with Costa Rica   but go out on goal difference ..  after what ive seen  anything is possible .. but where still in there " AT THE MO "  unlike Spain :lol:

I liked the way England played against Italy, just couldn't cope with their superior midfield. I honestly think England will come out guns blazing and take Uruguay to the slaughter. I'm thinking a 3-0 win.

Been enjoying all the confident chitter chatter from people I was unsure of about a year ago. Players like Sturridge and Sterling, even Gerrard who is indeed a great captain, even if he is a bit past his sell by date on the playing field. But who else are we going to play there? George Thorne is not yet ready.

C'mon England!

I'm staying up for another long night to watch England. They better bloody well put on a show!

As for the situation, match day one was potentially kind on England, but today is the day. If there is a loser today, they are all but out. It is very rare to see a team make it through on 3 points, and the last time it happened was 98 if I remember correctly. That said, Italy beating Costa Rica and Uruguay is a distinct possibility still, which if England could beat Costa Rica by enough goals could see them through on 3 points.

Note, if England lose today, and Italy fail to win tomorrow, then England are officially out. This is because if:

A: If Costa Rica win, then they on 6 points and can't be caught by England, and Italy and-or Uruguay will get points in their clash, putting them on 4 or more and out of England's reach

B: In the case of a draw both Costa Rica and Italy are on 4 points and confirmed out of reach of England

So if England lose tonight I'd suggest investing in blue shirts.

I'm staying up for another long night to watch England. They better bloody well put on a show!

As for the situation, match day one was potentially kind on England, but today is the day. If there is a loser today, they are all but out. It is very rare to see a team make it through on 3 points, and the last time it happened was 98 if I remember correctly. That said, Italy beating Costa Rica and Uruguay is a distinct possibility still, which if England could beat Costa Rica by enough goals could see them through on 3 points.

Note, if England lose today, and Italy fail to win tomorrow, then England are officially out. This is because if:

A: If Costa Rica win, then they on 6 points and can't be caught by England, and Italy and-or Uruguay will get points in their clash, putting them on 4 or more and out of England's reach

B: In the case of a draw both Costa Rica and Italy are on 4 points and confirmed out of reach of England

So if England lose tonight I'd suggest investing in blue shirts.

I dont see Italy losing to Costa Rica

If we lose and so do Italy it would come down to how much we can thrash Costa Rica by, best thing Italy can do for us now is finish with 9pts

I dont see Italy losing to Costa Rica

If we lose and so do Italy it would come down to how much we can thrash Costa Rica by, best thing Italy can do for us now is finish with 9pts

If you lose today, and Italy does tomorrow, England are officially out. Keep that in mind.

Remember, if England lose and Italy lose, the table becomes:

Costa Rica: 6

Italy: 3

Uruguay: 3

England: 0

...and Italy and Uruguay play eachother, meaning one or both will get at least a point, putting 2nd out of reach of England regardless of the result.

A draw for Italy is no better as the table would be:

Costa Rica: 4

Italy: 4

Uruguay: 3

England: 0

Which of course is England going home. If England lose, Italy must win.

Archived