England v Uruguay

Day

overpaid w*****rs , that's why..

So you're angry that they get paid to play football?

They gave it a mighty fine crack, were unlucky a few times, and ultimately the pure class of Suarez shone through for Uruguay. It happens. I don't understand all this negativity that would be directed towards this national side though. They didn't look disinterested, they didn't look like a side that didn't want to be there, and they gave it a go.

I don't get all the pressure that the English put on their sides. It clearly affects them, it clearly gets to them, as it would with anyone. They get nervous, they see it all going wrong again, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Hope and belief build a side's confidence, but constantly calling them overpaid "w*****rs" for losing a tight contest, where they didn't even play that badly, is never going to help.

Surely the English realise that whilst negative bitch storms that come out of days like today sell papers and line the pockets of the media, it does nothing but hurt your national team in the long term.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Italy beat Costa Rica by 1 goal and Uraguay by 1 goal.

We beat Costa rica by 2 goals

Italy 6pts

England 3pts 0 GD

Costa Rica 3pts -1GD

Uraguay 3pts -2GD

The only unlikely thing is us beating Costa Rica by two goals.

Italy would be on 9 points , in that scenario..

The way i saw it:

• rooney played well and deserved his goal
  • defence a liability 
  • uruguay should have been down to 10 men
  • its a MINIMUM of 5 minutes added on, how can the ref blow at 5 mins when there was blatant time wasting

overall we were robbed by the ref AGAIN!!!

Uruguay could have scored five. Other than Suarez, Cavani and Cristian Rodriguez should have scored.

That said, Rooney could have had three also.

You can say that in pretty much any match. The difference here is that the closest chances that weren't scored were England's, and they ultimately played quite well overall.

Be proud that England are still one of the stronger national sides in the World, one that can genuinely be disappointed to go out in a group of death like this one.

So you're angry that they get paid to play football?They gave it a mighty fine crack, were unlucky a few times, and ultimately the pure class of Suarez shone through for Uruguay. It happens. I don't understand all this negativity that would be directed towards this national side though. They didn't look disinterested, they didn't look like a side that didn't want to be there, and they gave it a go.I don't get all the pressure that the English put on their sides. It clearly affects them, it clearly gets to them, as it would with anyone. They get nervous, they see it all going wrong again, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Hope and belief build a side's confidence, but constantly calling them overpaid "w*****rs" for losing a tight contest, where they didn't even play that badly, is never going to help.Surely the English realise that whilst negative bitch storms that come out of days like today sell papers and line the pockets of the media, it does nothing but hurt your national team in the long term.

I think the problem here is that for the first time, for a very long time, the media put very little pressure on them. Even the fans have been more realistic. The frustration comes because despite the meagre expectations that were put on them, they've failed to even meet that low standard.

Defensively frail, no plan B, and far too many players that are either past it, or just not good enough.

this is the lineup id like to see england feild for costa-rica, gotta ensure we bang a few past them

grant

wisdom - keogh - bucko - forsyth

thorne

Bryson - Hughes

ward               Martin        Rusell

only way i can see us getting through

Archived