Alan Nixon and betting odds rumours - Summer 2014 window

Albert

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DfdsMichael: @reluctantnicko Good morning Alananything on Chris Martin ?house up for sale and kids not continuing at nursery ......

Someone sent that too Nixon

Martin rents a house in the Holbrook/killis lane area.

Maybe he's finally buying a home?

Forget Nixon you should follow @AdamCollins_ he got the Argentine lad spot on a week or so before it was announced.

Nixon is frustrating. Why does he block his tweets if he knows so much?

I've seen him on the Derby timeline, I think he makes it up as he goes along, in fairness.

Definitely works on percentages anyway.

Anyone ever been to one of those spiritualist/medium thingies?

Medium: "The spirits are coming through, I've got a message for someone called John, is there anyone here called John?

Audience member:  Yes me, I'm John!

Medium: Yes, I thought so. I have a message from Joan, does that make sense to you?

John: Er, no, I don't think so,

Medium: No, wait, it's Jean, did you know a Jean?

John: Um.. well me mam used to know a Jean, but me mam's dead.

Medium: Yes, that's right, Jean has asked me to tell you that your mother is very happy.

John: Gosh! Thank you. You really can speak to the spirits.

and that is more or less how Nixon works.

Forget Nixon you should follow @AdamCollins_ he got the Argentine lad spot on a week or so before it was announced.

Nixon is frustrating. Why does he block his tweets if he knows so much?

The guy who tweeted about Zigic?.. 

He was on 30k at Birmingham. I wouldn't even pay him 10k a week to sit on our bench.

Nixon is full of crap. What does "interesting to watch" mean? Bryson signing a new contract would be interesting because he's turning down Premier League football. Him leaving for Burnley would be interesting because he's leaving Derby where he's clearly happy. He's just stirring up a frenzy so he can write about it and sell newspapers.

Seems to me like these blokes/women who write horoscopes. " Something good/bad will/could happen today/this week. Jupiter is in alignment with Mars so expect something unusual to happen."

Occaisionally, on the law of averages, they get something close to correct.

Seems to me like these blokes/women who write horoscopes. " Something good/bad will/could happen today/this week. Jupiter is in alignment with Mars so expect something unusual to happen."

Occaisionally, on the law of averages, they get something close to correct.

A good cold reader can spin a vague comment into something quite well, but to really get twitter followers he had to get some things spot on ahead of time. Some here were particularly taken in by him from Roos and I think he mentioned Wisdom and Bamford last season. Not exactly complicated to figure out how a journo could know such things a day or two ahead of time, but he has occasionally been just ahead of the punch. It does seem likely like cold reading to angle at getting people to buy papers at the moment, but you never know, he might actually know something.

Nixon was bang on the money with regards to Francis - he didn't report it or make it up despite 'two bids' and it proved sky had fabricated it.

Let's see what happens with McClean.

I haven't seen anything from Nixon about Francis

I saw a few comment towards Nixon that if he was so on the ball why didn't he pick up on the Francis and said we're willing to wait it out for Wisdom.

It'd have been all too easy for him to say that we was interested in him, fabricated it a little...etc Which leads me to believe that he doesn't sit around picking stuff out the air, but repeats what he's told and a lot of the time his own opinion. 

As it turns out, no-one quite knows what's going on with that. Bournemouth, for me, are making a mountain out of a molehill in order to shine infront of their fans and send a positive message out.

I'm with North_stand on the Nixon front, anything 'accurate' that anyone can tell us before the club then he's our best chance... as proven on a number of occasions. Obviously, a lot of it is up for debate, like Hutchinson, were we could have legitimately been beaten to his signature or not in the race at all. 

You often hear that deals done represent about 5% of what goes on behind the scenes and the reaction towards him is because he is giving us bad news. He wasn't a **** stirrer when he told us we were signing Wisdom last season.

Which at that point, no one believed him because it seemed totally unreasonable. I'd just tell people to go easy on him, he obviously has a lot of connections and doesn't mind sharing the information he gets, rightly or wrongly.

Probably time to lock this thread, Alan Nixon doesn't seem credible source, as Bryson's contract extension has demonstrated.

Why exactly. SM was interviewed about Bryson. Thought he would be off to Burnley and then Derby manage to offer him a deal that he likes. He seemed shocked. 

Nixon also revealed before Derby did that Bryson had signed a new contract, but was shocked there was no announcement.

I think Nixon had all the relevant information taken from the Burnley end of the deal and they thought they had a deal. 

Archived