Can someone explain why this is happening??

-JW-

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many Derby fans do you think will go to this game?

Hard to say really. apart from us on here with nowt else to do, its not really a topic of discussion. Maybe after the world cup people will consider the friendlies, see how much they're charging then decide to go or not. 

I would guess maybe 10,000 Derby and 6 to 7,000 sweaties? Probably be the other way round, big game for them...... ;)

Hard to say really. apart from us on here with nowt else to do, its not really a topic of discussion. Maybe after the world cup people will consider the friendlies, see how much they're charging then decide to go or not.

I would guess maybe 10,000 Derby and 6 to 7,000 sweaties? Probably be the other way round, big game for them...... ;)

What's a sweatie??

Is that not what the Morris dancers called the trannies in the 80s ???

• 2 weeks later...

This tribute is spreading fast amongst the Rangers fans I believe you may have it wrong though.

As we understand the gesture is more about a show off support for our Serving military. Currently on duty in such places as Afghanistan and other war zones... It not just for Lee Rigby. I've read somewhere that 22mins was chosen to represent the date off his death in May  But that is all ?

However an appreciation  for all the armed forces.. Is that not a bad thing?  Surely Derbyshire has many in the army, navey and airforce currently risking there lives for us...  Some off you might even have loved ones serving yourselves...

Its not bigoted or racist or politically motivated as I see it... Its about civilians showing gratitude in support of them... Worthy in my eyes.... 

Rangers will do this...  Will Derby County join in or Not ?  Big Question

Of course it's politically motivated.

What on earth has 'supporting the military' got to do with a game of football?

I support the RNLI and Cats Protection, but I won't be applauding them at the iPro anytime soon.

How can showing support at a football match for the military not be politically motivated?

Why are some people so in need for approval that they need to 'show' their support anyway?

A bit like going to a match to show support for say.....Derby County?

However an appreciation  for all the armed forces.. Is that not a bad thing?  Surely Derbyshire has many in the army, navey and airforce currently risking there lives for us...  Some off you might even have loved ones serving yourselves...

Its not bigoted or racist or politically motivated as I see it... Its about civilians showing gratitude in support of them... Worthy in my eyes.... 

Rangers will do this...  Will Derby County join in or Not ?  Big Question

We have a day for this bud, Remembrance Sunday, and that's enough in my opinion.

Like most I love the sentiment, but I'm unsure as to the motive and the makes me a bit dubious.

Motive - Appreciation Of our  boys and girls / Men and Women  serving in the service off our country and sacrifices made... What other motive does there need to be ?

Derbyshire I presume does have people currently in the armed forces ....????

Fickle or what ....

Motive - Appreciation Of our  boys and girls / Men and Women  serving in the service off our country and sacrifices made... What other motive does there need to be ?

Fickle or what ....

Why do you need to show your support for our service men and women because you're playing Derby?

Fickle or what ....

Yes, and Derbyshire has policemen and women, doctors, nurses, paramedics, teachers and all sorts of people doing wonderful jobs that make a difference.

I am going to watch the football.

Yes, and Derbyshire has policemen and women, doctors, nurses, paramedics, teachers and all sorts of people doing wonderful jobs that make a difference.

I am going to watch the football.

So am I pal . But still canna see what ya problem is here ? Every other club in the country would be up for this . Apart from one . Mentioning no names .

I've even read on footy forums QPR did something similar at wembley . Then booed Derby. Cus ye sat on yer backsides.

I got ya all wrong from last time I was in town. I feel sick reading any more please delete me Ya all a bunch a fannys .Decent rams fans Should be ashamed .

So am I pal . But still canna see what ya problem is here ? Every other club in the country would be up for this . Apart from one . Mentioning no names .

I've even read on footy forums QPR did something similar at wembley . Then booed Derby. Cus ye sat on yer backsides.

I got ya all wrong from last time I was in town. I feel sick reading any more please delete me Ya all a bunch a fannys .Decent rams fans Should be ashamed .

No, you've got that horribly wrong.

Derby fans all stood up and clapped, shook hands and made a huge deal out of the troops going around the ground, it was a nice touch to what was a horrible day.

I will support it because it's happening and to not acknowledge it would be ignorant, in my opinion, but I, like others, don't understand why it's happening.

No, you've got that horribly wrong.

Derby fans all stood up and clapped, shook hands and made a huge deal out of the troops going around the ground, it was a nice touch to what was a horrible day.

I will support it because it's happening and to not acknowledge it would be ignorant, in my opinion, but I, like others, don't understand why it's happening.

If u all stood why has there been no mention off it before . Im sure some did . Im not saying all Derby fans are against this . But it seems all this thread is concerned about its what maliciousness is behind it .

We at rangers support our flag our queen our country and will always pay homage to those that protect that at any chance we get. Even at sheffield weds friendly last year Gers n owls all stood for Lee RIgby .

I came as a friend for a bit off pre match banter. And all ive heard off Derby fans on this forum is abuse. Apart from one or two exceptions. I can handle that im used to it off the sceptic. Check out the rangers thread...

This thread and some off the comments I have read Disgust me. So moderaters ******* delete me . Im outta here ..

We at rangers support our flag our queen our country and will always pay homage to those that protect that

And all ive heard off Derby fans on this forum is abuse.

You're the one calling people fickle and shameful simply for disagreeing with you.

I 'support' our military personnel in the sense that I wish to see them, like anyone else, treated fairly and correctly and given proper care and provisions for the job they do.

This is not the same as supporting the queen or 'flag', in the sense of either being a monarchist, or endorsing any particular military operation, such as the Iraq war, which Britain may be engaged in. These are political opinions.

Maybe you deliberately confuse the two because it suits your agenda, or maybe you are just too thick to tell the difference. Either way, coming to another football club expecting uncritical approval for your jingoism was bound to end in disappointment.

Yes, every club has it's share of knuckle draggers who will go along with it, but fortunately most can see you for what you are.

Archived