Can someone explain why this is happening??

-JW-

"What happened too lee Rigby was a massive slap in the face to British people everywhere, we lost a man that had served over seas on our own shores. If the most pro British team coming down doesn't make you feel that pride and unity then you AREN'T and never will be British."

That's like some sort of EDL speech.

If you'd read the thread then you'd see the opinions of several British soldiers that have served in armed forces.

What happened to Lee Rigby was a vile crime. Vile crimes are committed every minute of everyday all across the world. Women raped, children raped, men tortured, boys recruited into militias and forced to burn their village, chemical attacks on civilians in the name of war... etc.

Where are these peoples minutes applause/silence?

Where is the applause for the Iraqi men marched to their executions?

You support British armed forces at the relevant charities.

Can't we just go to football and be pro Derby County? Can't we just keep it about football not politics?

Like I said, the applause at Wembley for Bloomfield felt genuine. He seems a nice guy and had a football connection. He served football ( though only to us) and he served Derby County fans.

This feels forced and inappropriate. I don't understand why we've gone back to Lee Rigby. British soldiers have died since then. Vile crimes have been committed since then. Why not go back to the victims of Raoul Moat?

I'll tell you why. Because just like their rivals Celtic, they can't let football be about football. Both clubs fans have to drone on with their political and religious stances. It's football!!

You internet weirdo, want to step outside and away from your pot noodle and do this face to face?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You internet weirdo, want to step outside and away from your pot noodle and do this face to face?

Not really. I would like to fight you but I can't be arsed and I'm worried I might lose if I'm honest.

Can we just talk this one through?

Not really. I would like to fight you but I can't be arsed and I'm worried I might lose if I'm honest.

Can we just talk this one through?

What like have a discussion on a forum? are you mad? I've not even got my Union Jack boxer shorts on or listened to God save the Queen yet this morning 

Are you not British?

Do you not feel proud to be British when a team from Scotland comes down with hundreds of British flags?

Do you not feel even more proud when the belt out god save our queen?

What happened too lee Rigby was a massive slap in the face to British people everywhere, we lost a man that had served over seas on our own shores. If the most pro British team coming down doesn't make you feel that pride and unity then you AREN'T and never will be British.

It really is a simple as that, like I've said Rangers fans wouldn't question this. This is a bunch of miserable idiots who now they can't complain about the football will try and find something else too moan about....

Actually cup cake. I am proud to be British and have no real issue either way on the minutes applause but you made yourself look a right plum with your 'ridiculous' earlier post. 

Of course people will react to that.. If someone chooses NOT to join in that's their fooking right to.. It does not make them any less British in my opinion.. It does NOT mean that they are are / were any less shocked or disturbed by what happened to Lee... It JUST means that they have a view and why should someone force their opinion on them and make feel any less a person because they CHOOSE not to. Is that not what the bleedin army fight for in the first place?? Choice !!! Freedom !!!

So don't come on here and try and force your opinion down people throats and try to belittle them for having an opposing view.  Come on and tell us why you will be applauding, that's fine but don't fookin tell me I will look ridiculous if I don't.

I've got half a mind not to now just to pee people like you off.

Rant over.

:angry:

What like have a discussion on a forum? are you mad? I've not even got my Union Jack boxer shorts on or listened to God save the Queen yet this morning

Fook it. I'll meet you outside Tesco express in Newark. 15:00. Come alone. No police.

I literally cannot believe what I'm reading, I don't think your aware of Chris's close connection too lees family and is in touch with them regular. You lot are causing quite a stir, athough you won't be aware because you're stuck on here in cloud cuckoo land....

Like I've said, if you was too organise somthing in remembering people join in out of respect. When you question a man's motives you question his integrity, that's what you've done here.

The only motive here is respect and remembrance, what you're doing here is embarrassing.....

In the future i'll be on here to remind you not to take part in any act of remembrance unless there is a direct affiliation too football. Yoo think you are grown men aswell..... Vile

Are you not British?

Do you not feel proud to be British when a team from Scotland comes down with hundreds of British flags?

Do you not feel even more proud when the belt out god save our queen?

What happened too lee Rigby was a massive slap in the face to British people everywhere, we lost a man that had served over seas on our own shores. If the most pro British team coming down doesn't make you feel that pride and unity then you AREN'T and never will be British.

It really is a simple as that, like I've said Rangers fans wouldn't question this. This is a bunch of miserable idiots who now they can't complain about the football will try and find something else too moan about....

Speaking if ridiculous, seems to me, if I were a neutral watching the game on tele (I know it's not televised), and the rangers fans suddenly started applauding, I'd be thinking, 'I don't get it.' If someone explained to me what it was about, I'd be thinking, 'I really don't get it.' I have a horrible feeling they will end up looking ridiculous.

Meanwhile, I won't be getting involved, because I won't be at the match. Do you want to know why I won't be at the match? Because I'll be in uniform in Glasgow, doing my ******* job, and keeping the Commonwealth Games free of terrorists. Oh the irony, it's priceless.

Admittedly, I personally think all i'll really be doing is standing on a street corner trying to look as hard as possible, and patting down a few people. But I suppose our presence their makes the terrorists think twice.

If rangers fans want to show their support, then can come give me a round of applause in their own back yard. Instead, it's probably more likely i'll get stabbed at some point. God knows we got enough baby killer shouts in London during the Olympics. Good times.

Firstly, Chris didn't know Lee Rigby when he was alive. I'm fairly sure of that.

Secondly, what about the victims of say, Raoul Moat? Or the men executed in Iraq or the British soldier killed in a training exercise a couple of weeks back? Genuine questions.

Thirdly, what do you say to the people on this forum that have served and are still serving in the British Armed forces that don't agree with it either?

Are they cowardly non-British?

I literally cannot believe what I'm reading, I don't think your aware of Chris's close connection too lees family and is in touch with them regular. You lot are causing quite a stir, athough you won't be aware because you're stuck on here in cloud cuckoo land....

Like I've said, if you was too organise somthing in remembering people join in out of respect. When you question a man's motives you question his integrity, that's what you've done here.

The only motive here is respect and remembrance, what you're doing here is embarrassing.....

In the future i'll be on here to remind you not to take part in any act of remembrance unless there is a direct affiliation too football. Yoo think you are grown men aswell..... Vile

I have a close personal connection to the McCann's*

I demand that you applaud for them on 8 minutes on my behalf.

If you don't, you clearly hate children, and support all those who would seek to abduct children.

*i don't really, just trying to make a point, but I did live in the next village.

It's alright having the view we are all internet geeks.

On this forum we have (as far as I know) soldiers, police, nurses, doctors, charity workers that have spent time in Africa, South America and the Middle East and a guy in the RAF.

Are you going too do something to remember them? Genuine question

If so let me know, won't be holding my breath though.....

My passion in homeless people. Yes, I have done stuff and I will do plenty more when I retire. Football is a hobby. I don't go to games to promote world peace.

The charities are out there. My father in law, ex soldier, does plenty for Armed Forces charities. But he finds this random focus on Rigby bizarre. Why Rigby? Why now?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything here. But this is where you get the angle where people assume it has either a personal or political agenda.

Oh, and I was the family of Lee Rigby, I would have told 'Chris Webster' to do one. It's nothing to do with him. A minute's applause in Derby must make everything better for the family. As someone mentioned, why not do something proper in a relevant place (cycle through Greenwich). Bore off Chris Webster

All I'm going too say is haters are going to hate, I know Chris and see first hand everything he does for charity. Not just this single act of remembrance, shame on you..... Not for questioning the reasons why this is being done, but shame on you for questioning his integrity and motives.

That's the thing though. People don't know him. I've met him. But that's what I'm saying... because of the timing and the lack of connection and the fact that so much similar stuff goes on in this world and has happened since... people will question why we are doing this.

Why not Raoul Moat victims? Equally savage.

Why not the Iraqi men? Very brutal!

Why not a dead British soldier since?

So can you sort of see how people who may or may not know Chris could come to the conclusion that this could be for personal gain or a political agenda?

btw, I do understand the argument "is it so hard to spare a minute for a guy that was beheaded on our streets"

It was horrific and in a way I think any sort of support or recognition for a tragedy can only be a good thing.

The whole topic is worth debating. But I think the other side of the argument has so many strong points.

I dunno. Are we cnuts for not wanting to do this?

Let's be honest, it appears not many on this forum want to do this and I think we've got sound reasoning. But if a 100 people were going to die in a plane crash tomorrow and you could only save 1... would we be refusing to do that on the basis that the other 99 don't get to live.

My conscience is working. :(

Archived