Season Ticket Sales

Uptherams

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I´m setting up a campaign - Plastic and Proud.

I live abroad so haven´t been to Pride Park/Ipro in years. Doesn´t mean I don´t follow the Rams with passion and pride. I am a paid up member to Rams player, I watch us on Sky when we are on, I use this forum, heck I am sat here typing this, wearing my 1946 retro cup winners shirt.

All hail the Plastic population. Now where´s Yazz when you need her.

PAP - sounds a bit soft to me

Shock horror, attendances go up when we do well and down when we not.

Better call Reuters.

Don't see why more ST holder can be anything but great news, more money in the bag and help with these boring attendance arguments other teams. zzzzz

I think there's some misunderstanding what "Plastic fan" actually is. If you've supported Derby through thick and thin, then you're not a plastic. You don't even have to have ever been to a game. Just have supported the club.

A plastic fan is someone who is only interested when we're doing well. A fair-weather fan. People who for example supported United until this season because they're doing cack and we're doing great this time.

Why are people getting really upright and thinking that everything is a personal attack on them? Relax.

YES!!

Chances are if you are here to be offended then you're not a plastic.

The plastics are the ones that turn up expecting Hughes to dance through players and Martin to have blistering pace because they pay between zero and no attention to us until now.

Honestly Tombo, I don't think some people believe plastics like this exist. I know a handful of new Derby fans that 1 year ago were telling me Derby are rubbish and they wouldn't waste money watching them. Taking the piss when we won 2 in a row. Then going on to talk about Sky Super Sunday. Then we start winning and they're all caught up in the vibe. Always had a soft spot for Derby.

Last in, expect to see a team comparable to Real Madrid, get angry, moan, first out.

I doubt they've even viewed a Derby message board/turned on radio Derby/read the back of the telegraph etc etc

Anyone can or can not go to games.

But people on here insist on being offended by stuff that's not aimed at them.

How can anyone define plastic or not or who goes to anymore games than somebody else?

Think it's a pathetic argument that one fan is better than the other!

Many reasons why some go to games more than others. Same in every sport.

What makes me laugh is this years World Cup. And all the people saying international football is rubbish and boring and can't be a r s e d with England. Wonder how many of you watch the World Cup? Especially if England do well.

Can't be doing with the snobbery of one fan being better than the b loo dy other. Feel free to rip me apart.

How can anyone define plastic or not or who goes to anymore games than somebody else?

Think it's a pathetic argument that one fan is better than the other!

Many reasons why some go to games more than others. Same in every sport.

What makes me laugh is this years World Cup. And all the people saying international football is rubbish and boring and can't be a r s e d with England. Wonder how many of you watch the World Cup? Especially if England do well.

Can't be doing with the snobbery of one fan being better than the b loo dy other. Feel free to rip me apart.

On this point - I hate international football, I don't support England, and I won't be watching the World Cup. That's not dependent on how well England do.

Not been to a match since we lost at home to Southampton a long while back. Yet had I not been going to a wedding I would have gone to Wembley... It is ok, I am sure I can cope with the Captain Plastic tag. The sad news is that my Homer Simpson radio head has finally bit the dust, so after 14 years of radio Derby (only during match days), I need a new radio :(

Not been to a match since we lost at home to Southampton a long while back. Yet had I not been going to a wedding I would have gone to Wembley... It is ok, I am sure I can cope with the Captain Plastic tag. The sad news is that my Homer Simpson radio head has finally bit the dust, so after 14 years of radio Derby (only during match days), I need a new radio :(

May I ask why you don't go? Just out of interest.

The west stand is full of bell-ends!!! Official! Me and my lad went to the Chelsea youth cup match last season where only the west stand was open, and two old fusty nobs with flasks told us to move out of their seats!!! It was sit where you want and I've had a season ticket for 31 seasons!!! I wouldn't sit there if you you paid me, w@nkers!!!

Dont worry, when jake Buxton heads the goal that'll get us promoted, you'll know whether you down in Cornwall or not ;)

Lad I know supported Derby all his life home and away, as soon as the Americans turn up says he is never going to another game, ever!!! The yanks are not getting any of his money and they will do nothing for Derby.

In fact he goes back to his family roots and starts going to Scotland and watching Stenhousemuir (who) Then all of a sudden he goes to Wembley to support his team!!

May I ask why you don't go? Just out of interest.

I normally play football on a saturday, so I don't even get to listen. But any non saturday match, that radio is on! I probably wouldn't go if I didn't play football, but I know not why...

The west stand is full of bell-ends!!! Official! Me and my lad went to the Chelsea youth cup match last season where only the west stand was open, and two old fusty nobs with flasks told us to move out of their seats!!! It was sit where you want and I've had a season ticket for 31 seasons!!! I wouldn't sit there if you you paid me, w@nkers!!!

Was it vicars and rush?

I normally play football on a saturday, so I don't even get to listen. But any non saturday match, that radio is on! I probably wouldn't go if I didn't play football, but I know not why...

Fair enough, it's your time.

Where did this term 'plastic' come from and why is it so important to people?

Started when Sky money came in and football started being trendy. You got people who know **** all about it wearing replica shirts and ruining perfectly good football chat down the pub with their clueless twoddle about manu and liverpool when they wouldn't have known what the ground was called let alone having been there. It's important because these ******* were the target audience that gave rise ultimately to the £billion tv deals which mean that the open competition we used to have is now a closed shop. The only appropriate response to plastics is smouldering hatred, with casual violence allowed if it's possible to get away with it, so long as no lasting damage accrues.

Archived