Season Ticket Sales

Uptherams

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving all the 'plastics' wanting us to sign Bertrand from Chelsea.

Sounds like ça plane (pour moi)

Started when Sky money came in and football started being trendy. You got people who know **** all about it wearing replica shirts and ruining perfectly good football chat down the pub with their clueless twoddle about manu and liverpool when they wouldn't have known what the ground was called let alone having been there. It's important because these ******* were the target audience that gave rise ultimately to the £billion tv deals which mean that the open competition we used to have is now a closed shop. The only appropriate response to plastics is smouldering hatred, with casual violence allowed if it's possible to get away with it, so long as no lasting damage accrues.

So it was a very clever ploy by the marketing men at Sky to get people interested in football and spending loads on Sky contracts so they could get the billions back they spent on the sport. And sadly it is still working now.

I remember in the late 70's and 80's loads of people supported Liverpool because they were winning everything, but they never went to the games. In fact they probably had no idea where Anfield was :)

So it was a very clever ploy by the marketing men at Sky to get people interested in football and spending loads on Sky contracts so they could get the billions back they spent on the sport. And sadly it is still working now.

I remember in the late 70's and 80's loads of people supported Liverpool because they were winning everything, but they never went to the games. In fact they probably had no idea where Anfield was :)

i've lived outside UK for 30 years in 5 countries and you may be surprised to find that there are a few DCFC plastics who started to support the rams in the 70's and they still follow us.  Weird isn't it.  A real plastic is one that changes the team he supports to the one most successful.  I know many who have ended up with Manure having traveled via everton and liverpool.  They be supporting citeh next.  Never come a cross a florist fan though  :blink:

There obviously is a point when any new fan decides to go and watch their 'chosen' club if not roped in already by family and friends and usually that will be when the team are doing well like now. Only time will tell if they turn out to be genuine and stick through thick and thin in the future but I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt because you've all been there. Everyone has to start somewhere.  Plus I'm a new fan too! ;)

There obviously is a point when any new fan decides to go and watch their 'chosen' club if not roped in already by family and friends and usually that will be when the team are doing well like now. Only time will tell if they turn out to be genuine and stick through thick and thin in the future but I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt because you've all been there. Everyone has to start somewhere. Plus I'm a new fan too! ;)

Good point

Back to season tickets; no point in me having one 'cos of the shifts I work, does anyone know anything about them 6 or 10 match plans I've heard about? Can't see ote about 'em on the web site.

Bought one for the father in law once.

You get (something like, my memory is rubbish) different categories

So you can have 1 from Cat 1 (Forest, Leeds, used to be Leicester)

2 from Cat 2 where you'll probably get top half clubs and and those that we have any sort of rivalry such as Sheffield sides or Birmingham sides. Bet Wolves will be in here

3 from Cat 3 where you can have Charlton and Millwall.

That's basically the way it worked for the 6 game one.

Archived