Season Ticket Sales

Uptherams

I'll be happy with a 26,000 average this coming season. With the South Stand full, the ground looks fuller which is good. The atmosphere will improve which will also bring a few more back.

Being top two will obviously help A LOT.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good point. But then again from the South Stand you can occasionally hear North Stand going bonkers about a ref's decision up their end.

Makes me laugh, cos you're stood there thinking "If the North Stand are up in arms, it must be an injustice".

Even more the case when it's the West Stand going nuts. Prawn sandwiches flying everywhere, blazer and tie thrown down in anger at this atrocious decision...

We are all Derby aren't we.  Not everybody goes to football to sing and we also have supporters who are no longer wanting to sing but probably did when they were a few years younger, maybe you will sit in there one day with your grandchild and look back and think, i wish i was younger and was sitting in the South Stand with my mates.

I sit in the West Stand and can assure you it isn't full of people eating prawn sandwiches but full of people who still support the Rams just as much as you.  Which stadium have you been to that every supporter sings all the way through the match.

It's great that the South Stand will be full of Rams singing all game, it will only improve things and make the atmosphere quite special. 

Each and everyone to there own i say.

And BTW, the West Stand was rocking against Brighton but i think it did a few people in for the next week or so ;-)

We are all Derby aren't we.  Not everybody goes to football to sing and we also have supporters who are no longer wanting to sing but probably did when they were a few years younger, maybe you will sit in there one day with your grandchild and look back and think, i wish i was younger and was sitting in the South Stand with my mates.

I sit in the West Stand and can assure you it isn't full of people eating prawn sandwiches but full of people who still support the Rams just as much as you.  Which stadium have you been to that every supporter sings all the way through the match.

It's great that the South Stand will be full of Rams singing all game, it will only improve things and make the atmosphere quite special. 

And BTW, the West Stand was rocking against Brighton but i think it did a few people in for the next week or so ;-)

Haha, no disrespect intended pal. People don't have to sing if they don't want to. And I know the West Stand isn't all prawn sandwiches, I'm just playing on the stereotype. I'm sure one day I will retire from the South Stand and let the youth take over, and take up residence in the West Stand ;)

Very well said.

I haven't been signed up on this forum long but long enough to see much bitching against fellow fans, such a shame.

Plastic fans, prawn brigade, idiots are jus a few  terms coined on this forum against our own.

Some of it may well be tongue in cheek but some of it is down right nasty and certainly uncalled for, save your bad words for our rivals and lets support as a community.

None of us know what the future holds, so whilst you may be on your high horse now having attended for a couple of seasons that doesn't give the right to call those fans "plastics" who can not attend as regular as they may have done in the past.

Personally I had 13 seasons home and away before I had to hang up my season ticket for personal reasons, I miss those Saturdays when I ws a regular.I still go when I can (not very often I'm affraid) and I still love my team so to be labeled plastic is a kick in the balls.

COYR 

I´m setting up a campaign - Plastic and Proud.

I live abroad so haven´t been to Pride Park/Ipro in years. Doesn´t mean I don´t follow the Rams with passion and pride. I am a paid up member to Rams player, I watch us on Sky when we are on, I use this forum, heck I am sat here typing this, wearing my 1946 retro cup winners shirt.

All hail the Plastic population. Now where´s Yazz when you need her.

Very well said.

I haven't been signed up on this forum long but long enough to see much bitching against fellow fans, such a shame.

Plastic fans, prawn brigade, idiots are jus a few  terms coined on this forum against our own.

Some of it may well be tongue in cheek but some of it is down right nasty and certainly uncalled for, save your bad words for our rivals and lets support as a community.

None of us know what the future holds, so whilst you may be on your high horse now having attended for a couple of seasons that doesn't give the right to call those fans "plastics" who can not attend as regular as they may have done in the past.

Personally I had 13 seasons home and away before I had to hang up my season ticket for personal reasons, I miss those Saturdays when I ws a regular.I still go when I can (not very often I'm affraid) and I still love my team so to be labeled plastic is a kick in the balls.

COYR 

We do have a lot of plastic fans though, that's very clear. Our average attendance for the season was less than 25,000 yet we sell out in 54 minutes of general sale. If you're telling me that all of these people can't make regular games, I'm not buying it. I know loads of people who haven't been going for years yet now seem to think they are huge Derby fans. In my eyes, something is only offensive if it isn't true, and this is true. Derby County has lots of glory hunting plastics, most football teams do. 

Just to clear up. The West stand isn't full of plastics, and I'd actually quite like to sit in there

I live abroad so haven´t been to Pride Park/Ipro in years. Doesn´t mean I don´t follow the Rams with passion and pride. I am a paid up member to Rams player, I watch us on Sky when we are on, I use this forum, heck I am sat here typing this, wearing my 1946 retro cup winners shirt.

Don't really consider you as a plastic then. Living abroad kind of makes it difficult to get there. It's the people that have no excuse but still consider themselves big fans.

Very well said.

COYR 

That's funny, because I've been signed up a few months and I think you're talking rubbish  :huh:

But we support the same football club so we're not allowed to disagree about some things...  :unsure:

I think there's some misunderstanding what "Plastic fan" actually is. If you've supported Derby through thick and thin, then you're not a plastic. You don't even have to have ever been to a game. Just have supported the club.

A plastic fan is someone who is only interested when we're doing well. A fair-weather fan. People who for example supported United until this season because they're doing cack and we're doing great this time.

Why are people getting really upright and thinking that everything is a personal attack on them? Relax. 

We do have a lot of plastic fans though, that's very clear. Our average attendance for the season was less than 25,000 yet we sell out in 54 minutes of general sale. If you're telling me that all of these people can't make regular games, I'm not buying it. I know loads of people who haven't been going for years yet now seem to think they are huge Derby fans. In my eyes, something is only offensive if it isn't true, and this is true. Derby County has lots of glory hunting plastics, most football teams do. 

Just to clear up. The West stand isn't full of plastics, and I'd actually quite like to sit in there

Let me ask you a question, would you rather us sell out in 54 minutes or take 17000 to Wembley (about the number of season ticket holders we had last year)? 

See this... You're not a plastic fan. Because you support the club. That's enough.

Some people are jumping on the bandwagon of success, and while I have no problem with those fans who have only recently become interested in the club, these plastic fans were pestering people for their Wembley tickets, throwing out their sob stories to try to get them. Then I was surrounded by hundreds of the prats at the Wembley game itself shouting about how good Clough was and saying we shouldn't have sacked him, following it up with "How much are Leicester season tickets?"

Really? Is that necessary...?

Maybe because, and I quote " That's funny, because I've been signed up a few months and I think you're talking rubbish"   :huh: is a bit of a personal attack, no ?  ;)

Touche...

It's nothing personal, I just don't like seeing rubbish posted

Touche...

It's nothing personal, I just don't like seeing rubbish posted

Oxymoron ?

I wouldn't of thought of my post as rubbish, just my thoughts of what I have read on here about fellow fans. 

Let me ask you a question, would you rather us sell out in 54 minutes or take 17000 to Wembley (about the number of season ticket holders we had last year)? 

I'd rather we sold out in 54 minutes but that doesn't change the fact that they are plastic fans. 

I'd rather we sold out in 54 minutes but that doesn't change the fact that they are plastic fans. 

Some people can make it to every game and some people can't. Some people have other halves who dictate where there money goes but given half a chance would be at the Ipro. A big game like the play offs just reassures what a big club DCFC are and if that means we get a bigger attendance then great.

We also have supporters from far and wide who just can't make it to every game, i would love to know how many but i would guess it goes over the 10000 figure.

As you stated above, you would prefer us to sell out in 54 minutes, this wouldn't have been possible without the "plastic supporters".

If/when we get into the Prem and into Europe i am pretty sure the other halves won't have any choice but to let their partner out at 15:00pm on a Saturday, or 12:45pm on a Saturday or 12:30, 14:00 or 16:00pm on a Sunday or SNF at 17:30pm or MNF at 20:00pm or whatever time the television man says. 

IMO, you don't get plastic Derby Fans, you only get plastic Manure, Liverpool, Man City etc etc etc.  If we was winning trophy's every year then maybe yes but we are not.

We are one big family. 

maybe you should reconsider your choice of forum....... :blink:

I used to go on the Derby Mad forums so comparatively this place is sensible. Before that, years back, I was on the old 606 forums, which was a million times worse than even that.

I have ventured the internet, and determined this is as close to sensible as I'll ever get.

Archived