Most teams want us to win

RamFan13

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you've jinxed us now!

No, jimbobram jinxed us by calling it England vs QPR, because we all know that Steve McClaren would make a fantastic England manager, right?

Put it this way, Niko Kranjcar, the Croat, will be playing on Sunday and that worries me a little.

No, jimbobram jinxed us by calling it England vs QPR, because we all know that Steve McClaren would make a fantastic England manager, right?

Put it this way, Niko Kranjcar, the Croat, will be playing on Sunday and that worries me a little.

they could pick Ronaldo and they'd still stand the same chance.

Good job we are playing Saturday then isn't it ;)

Thank goodness england have never let anyone down. Much prefer to go into this game as underdogs... QpR dont do favourites very well. No one likes us. hey-ho... most havent even heard of us!.. we arent a massive team like you

Oh everyones heard off you. They just hate you. Unlucky trying to buy the league, you can have another go next year

We are very loveable - proven FACT.

p.s. lot of support from Leicester I notice - I wonder if our "rivalry" may start to spice up a bit like it did early to mid 90's if we are again the only East Midlands clubs in the top division. We may even beat them one day too.

I'm just happy that a Manchester United and Blackpool fan want us to win...

https://www.facebook.com/footballleague/posts/829996377027915

The Post says, who do they think will win.

Not who they want to win, as you suggested!

i think that says more about their faith in our football, higher league, place, recent form, top goalscorers etc than anything else.

Doesnt really mean they prefer us as a club

A few of the saner Stokies have told me they want Derby to beat Qpr.

Nowt to go by really - there's not many!

Most I know do because "it's a good day out"... "love playing the sheepshaggers"..."my Granddad hated Derby, Dad does and so do I"

I put it down to the BOH and countless other adventure stories :lol:

Oh everyones heard off you. They just hate you. Unlucky trying to buy the league, you can have another go next year

Of course you would expect me to disagree with you. As for next year... perhaps you havent read the FFP rules. We will offload many players and have a transfer embargo. There are quite a few R's fans who see this as no bad thing and rebuilding the club from the roots, as others have to... you being a prime example.

While you might not believe or like this defence, but when you are  a club as small as ours, expected to struggle at the lower reaches of the PL, it is often the case that you have to spend, not necessarily on transfer fees (we didnt) but on ludicrous salaries for players at the end of their careers, to give yourself a fighting chance. We cant point to past glories to attract players, we cant point to promises of cup glory or European appearances. Attracting managers is even more precarious, with the farce of M Hughes and his team interviewing us, and gracing us with the opportunity to have him at the helm. So what would attract him to QPR when he had only just walked out of Fulham saying their ambitions didnt match his?.... access to TF's open wallet and no one in the helm having the foggiest about football... Big hearts and dreams, lacking on football experience.

When we, in most likelihood, lose on Saturday, we will have a fairly tough future on the field ahead of us... No QPR fan I know or spoken too is looking for sympathy (we wont get any, anyhow) but they do hope that all the good things happening off the field will mean a brighter future somewhere down the line (new facilities for youth development, proper training facilities, new stadium, though the latter is contentious in its self... fans seem keener to stay at the tinpot stadium we call home than perhaps yours were keen to leave the baseball for Pride Park, work in the community)

On the off chance we get promoted, I feel that our task of staying up for more than one season may be even harder this time round. Last time, much as you will experience, there is the unknown and hope of rejuvenation of arriving back in the prem, players sold on the idea of creating/building something (even if the money was the factor to bring them there). This time round, for us, would have players seeing a club who very recently spent two seasons struggling badly despite an apparent plethora of talent and 'big' names. Our only chance is to risk all by recruiting youth... which I and many others are very much in favour of. Yet, you need a manager who is used to doing that... not something HR is well known for. Doesnt bode well

If you were to compare the outlook for either side after Saturday, they are fairly polar. You will do very well next year if you dont go up and, I believe, having seen Schtevee's effect at ours in the first three months, a good chance in the PL... We have tough times ahead come win or lose, which much cheer you

So, I would conclude, if you have such strong feelings towards QPR, you are going to be pretty happy whatever the result? I will enjoy the day, hope for a good atmosphere and cracking game and know, that after 35 years of supporting QPR, we are never more than three weeks away from the next crisis or hogging the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

I think all the support is due to us being the underdogs; the team that is built on youth and exciting attacking football versus what is wrong with football today. 

We are the underdogs here.

I don't believe in fairy tales. QPR should and are expected to win this.

Honest post GMR, you can't choose who your owners are, or the policies they set.

Never been bothered about QPR myself, I suppose you never have about Derby either.

It must be annoying to hear other clubs fans coming out with the same rubbish you've been reading in the papers week in week out, but TBF, that's all we really know about you.

A few months ago I wasn't too bothered about us going up, but now it's within touching distance my POV has changed completely.

We've got some genuinely talented youngsters who could grace the top half of the Prem.

Going up would give us a chance of hanging on to them.

I'd love for us to be able to build a side around them capable of competing the top, but if we don't go up soon they're going to want to play at the highest level with someone else.

Hope it's a good game Saturday, I reckon it depends on whether you let us play or not.

Alot of the red dogs at work want us to win, they think we play the better football and have gone the right way about it

Well they're not true red dogs then, are they.

I would never want Forest to win no matter what the game or their opponents.

Well they're not true red dogs then, are they.

I would never want Forest to win no matter what the game or their opponents.

I agree with you but they are red dogs so i guess there IQ level is alot lower then ours

Archived