Most teams want us to win

RamFan13

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are propably less annoying option compared to QPR.

People won't be cheering us, they just despise rangers more...

I think you have it about spot on there. I mean, Derby County and Mac... what is there not to like (and I am not trying to be flippant)

We have our detractors, but we learn to live with

I don't understand the antipathy towards QPR. One of my dearest friends is a QPR man and he's about as likeable as can be.

Ok, they have an odious manager and a vile business model but the fans I have always found to be fair (as you can see with the couple that have been on here). They are not Millwall with their thuggish mindset or Leeds with they far right tendencies, nor are they smug glory hunters, which would be a difficult sell, given Chelsea hoover them up.

Of course they are telling themselves that. They are justifying it right there in front of you on this forum by saying that very thing.

I wasnt justifying it, I was putting in a defence and being as honest as I could.

An interesting comparison, might be us and Chelscum and Man City vs Manure. many were delighted that they had bought the title and prevent Old Red Nose from winning it (no more so than QPR fans on the day, once we knew we were safe!). With all that money, came some of the most exciting football and players to the Premier league and everyone knew that they were a massive club/sleeping giant, so thats ok.

I know why it was wrong for us to try and build a team to compete in the PL, let alone the manner in which our owners did. We have and will continue to pay for those mistakes.

Yet precisely why is it so wrong for a tinpot club to attempt to do what Man City did. Do you believe that the PL should only be the preserve of massive clubs like yourselves? Maybe next season you will enjoy the strangle hold of the top 5 or six clubs (though this season has been more open than for a good many years). Perhaps you wont invest in players, or the wrong ones. You might even struggle.

Your chairman can rest at ease, for if it becomes sticky for the Rams (which I hope it doesnt), he will at least have your support if, or when, he chooses not to invest

I don't understand the antipathy towards QPR. One of my dearest friends is a QPR man and he's about as likeable as can be.

Ok, they have an odious manager and a vile business model but the fans I have always found to be fair (as you can see with the couple that have been on here). They are not Millwall with their thuggish mindset or Leeds with they far right tendencies, nor are they smug glory hunters, which would be a difficult sell, given Chelsea hoover them up.

I would say that feeling is mutual. Apart from Fantasy Island aka WATRB, I dont know anyone who has a bad word to say about your fans. The difference lies within our owners and business models.

However, I would say, some are beginning to question this given some of the strong dislike of QPR... but hey, we just shrug our shoulders and say you are just like the rest, twist the knife a bit.... just like the rest of the massive clubs... a bit more.... bit like the rest of the massive clubs with their glory hunters... a bit more... they are just like the *#?%! of Chelscum and Manure - why have they got such a problem with us?

Thank you, by the way, for allowing me to express my opinions on your board

In the real world, there will be plenty of good banter on Sat and everyone wants the same thing... a cracking atmosphere, a great game and the chance to see their team at Wembley. I will rasie a glas to you if you win and wish you lck in the PL

Archived