Most teams want us to win

RamFan13

Well they're not true red dogs then, are they.

I would never want Forest to win no matter what the game or their opponents.

I agree.

It's a tough decision…. Forest to get promoted or have your entire family dissolved in a bath of acid.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest post GMR, you can't choose who your owners are, or the policies they set.

Never been bothered about QPR myself, I suppose you never have about Derby either.

It must be annoying to hear other clubs fans coming out with the same rubbish you've been reading in the papers week in week out, but TBF, that's all we really know about you.

A few months ago I wasn't too bothered about us going up, but now it's within touching distance my POV has changed completely.

We've got some genuinely talented youngsters who could grace the top half of the Prem.

Going up would give us a chance of hanging on to them.

I'd love for us to be able to build a side around them capable of competing the top, but if we don't go up soon they're going to want to play at the highest level with someone else.

Hope it's a good game Saturday, I reckon it depends on whether you let us play or not.

You should read Clive Whittingham's pre-match on you, as well as Joe's interview (from this board). I think Mac might well hold on to most of your squad if you stay down and you will romp next season, but a very valid point about going up. The biggest advantage you have is their youth. When we went up last time, it was an ok squad, with quite a few aging players. One player stood out, though. Adel with 19 goals and 20+ assists. Add to the departure of the previous unloved owners Tango and Cash (Briatore + Ecclestone) over the summer meant no investment at all. In hindsight TF and the boards choice to get rid of NW was pretty poor to say the least and did not go down well with the vast majority of fans. I cant see you have those similar issues, which has left our club floundering from one disaster or crisis to the next

Dont mean this in a churlish way, but clubs like Derby really should be in the PL, because you are massive, whereas the likes of us and Wigan etc shouldnt be. All my life, I have always thought we were an excellent top of the champ/Div1/Div 2 (depending on when rebranding took place) side, though the time under El Tel and Gerry Francis was superb. Unfortunately, Sky has in the meantime changed what top flight football is about. It is gret that you have such a young English side, but it is generally not the way to survive in the top div

Agree about Sat that there is a possibility we may stop you playing, but I cant see it. If Mac can get your youngsters to handle the occasion, ie play the match not the occasion. Then I se you beating us

p.s. lot of support from Leicester I notice

I was surprised to hear a Leicester fan at work tell me he was hoping we'd win.

He then tempered it by saying he hoped that because that would guarantee them at least one team they could comfortably beat twice next season, and also would mean that there were only two relegation places for them to avoid (Derby being guaranteed bottom spot)

Git!

Honest post GMR, you can't choose who your owners are, or the policies they set.

Never been bothered about QPR myself, I suppose you never have about Derby either.

It must be annoying to hear other clubs fans coming out with the same rubbish you've been reading in the papers week in week out, but TBF, that's all we really know about you.

A few months ago I wasn't too bothered about us going up, but now it's within touching distance my POV has changed completely.

We've got some genuinely talented youngsters who could grace the top half of the Prem.

Going up would give us a chance of hanging on to them.

I'd love for us to be able to build a side around them capable of competing the top, but if we don't go up soon they're going to want to play at the highest level with someone else.

Hope it's a good game Saturday, I reckon it depends on whether you let us play or not.

I hear you about your talented youngsters gracing the top half of the Premier League, but are you worried that even that is no guarantee against heartache when they begin to show their talents on the top stage.

Southampton, by the looks of it, are about to have their talented team ravaged by the big clubs in the top flight. And despite being a well-run club with no need to sell, there seems to be very little they can do about it. When the players want to leave, they leave.

So what do Southampton do now? It took them over half a decade to build that squad - do they have another crop of youths sitting in the wings ready to take over - and if they do are they capable of keeping the club up.

Or, do they do a Norwich, and spend £20m plus on players that don't really give a monkey's and find themselves in the Championship once more?

It really is a horrible world up there, and geared towards the success of the top six.

I can't wait to get back up there, though I think QPR may have to wait at least another season to see the Premier League again.

I don't think it is QPR who everyone has a problem with.  It is their owners who have treated the club with contempt by throwing ridiculous amounts of money at players in an attempt to buy success rather than earn it.  The question is who will end up being culpable for the debt?  Will it be the owners or the club?

You also have a manager who polarises opinions - some see him as the England manager of the people, whilst an increasing amount view him as a bit crooked and has left devastation in the wake of every club he has managed.

QPR just happened to be the wrong team at the wrong time.

I think all the support is due to us being the underdogs; the team that is built on youth and exciting attacking football versus what is wrong with football today.

We are the underdogs here.

I don't believe in fairy tales. QPR should and are expected to win this.

I don't understand any of this.

In what sense are we underdogs?

I think all the support is due to us being the underdogs; the team that is built on youth and exciting attacking football versus what is wrong with football today.

We are the underdogs here.

I don't believe in fairy tales. QPR should and are expected to win this.

I hear you about your talented youngsters gracing the top half of the Premier League, but are you worried that even that is no guarantee against heartache when they begin to show their talents on the top stage.

Southampton, by the looks of it, are about to have their talented team ravaged by the big clubs in the top flight. And despite being a well-run club with no need to sell, there seems to be very little they can do about it. When the players want to leave, they leave.

So what do Southampton do now? It took them over half a decade to build that squad - do they have another crop of youths sitting in the wings ready to take over - and if they do are they capable of keeping the club up.

Or, do they do a Norwich, and spend £20m plus on players that don't really give a monkey's and find themselves in the Championship once more?

It really is a horrible world up there, and geared towards the success of the top six.

I can't wait to get back up there, though I think QPR may have to wait at least another season to see the Premier League again.

It depends how good they become, if they eventually become good enough to play Champions League football, and assuming (which is very likely) we haven't stepped up to that level :) then they'll obviously want to leave at some point.

However it would be great if we could keep hold of them, add Thorne, watch them develop together, and build a team around them that's capable of matching their ambitions.

That's probably just dreaming though, like you say, it doesn't happen any more.

Presumably the 12m salary vs their 78m salary. To people who haven't been paying attention, we're definitely underdogs. The fact that we finished above them and our demolition of Brighton suggest otherwise.

Presumably the 12m salary vs their 78m salary. To people who haven't been paying attention, we're definitely underdogs. The fact that we finished above them and our demolition of Brighton suggest otherwise.

Glad you have that crystal clear in your mind.  :pinch:

Seriously mate... you are  not going to convince yourself, let alone me, with that logic either! LOL

Personally, I would like to be going into a game where neither side is favourites, but lets face it you are a third more likely to win than us. If I was a betting man (and I am not), I like the look of Derby/QPR HT/FT, as I feel that, if we were to win it (against the odds :yes: ), that might well be the manner. 40-1 

You can see why the bookies always win. The fav bet is Derby/Derby. Who are punters putting their money on to be the first goal scorer? ... Charlie Austin :frantics:

Of course you would expect me to disagree with you. As for next year... perhaps you havent read the FFP rules. We will offload many players and have a transfer embargo. There are quite a few R's fans who see this as no bad thing and rebuilding the club from the roots, as others have to... you being a prime example.

While you might not believe or like this defence, but when you are  a club as small as ours, expected to struggle at the lower reaches of the PL, it is often the case that you have to spend, not necessarily on transfer fees (we didnt) but on ludicrous salaries for players at the end of their careers, to give yourself a fighting chance. We cant point to past glories to attract players, we cant point to promises of cup glory or European appearances. Attracting managers is even more precarious, with the farce of M Hughes and his team interviewing us, and gracing us with the opportunity to have him at the helm. So what would attract him to QPR when he had only just walked out of Fulham saying their ambitions didnt match his?.... access to TF's open wallet and no one in the helm having the foggiest about football... Big hearts and dreams, lacking on football experience.

When we, in most likelihood, lose on Saturday, we will have a fairly tough future on the field ahead of us... No QPR fan I know or spoken too is looking for sympathy (we wont get any, anyhow) but they do hope that all the good things happening off the field will mean a brighter future somewhere down the line (new facilities for youth development, proper training facilities, new stadium, though the latter is contentious in its self... fans seem keener to stay at the tinpot stadium we call home than perhaps yours were keen to leave the baseball for Pride Park, work in the community)

On the off chance we get promoted, I feel that our task of staying up for more than one season may be even harder this time round. Last time, much as you will experience, there is the unknown and hope of rejuvenation of arriving back in the prem, players sold on the idea of creating/building something (even if the money was the factor to bring them there). This time round, for us, would have players seeing a club who very recently spent two seasons struggling badly despite an apparent plethora of talent and 'big' names. Our only chance is to risk all by recruiting youth... which I and many others are very much in favour of. Yet, you need a manager who is used to doing that... not something HR is well known for. Doesnt bode well

If you were to compare the outlook for either side after Saturday, they are fairly polar. You will do very well next year if you dont go up and, I believe, having seen Schtevee's effect at ours in the first three months, a good chance in the PL... We have tough times ahead come win or lose, which much cheer you

So, I would conclude, if you have such strong feelings towards QPR, you are going to be pretty happy whatever the result? I will enjoy the day, hope for a good atmosphere and cracking game and know, that after 35 years of supporting QPR, we are never more than three weeks away from the next crisis or hogging the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Very well written.

Just look at what Pulis has done and keep telling yourself you need to spunk money on mercenaries.

I doubt if they are telling themselves that.

They're supporting their club, they don't pick and choose who the owners are.

For all the bravado, if it was, say, Brentford doing it they'd be saying the same things, but when it's your club you front it out even though deep down you know why people are having a go.

If a wealthy Arab took over us and started throwing money around we'd be loving it, even though the chances are it would go horribly wrong and eventually leave us in the ****.

They're just football fans, like all of us.

Archived