Ross McCormack

Ambitious

According to the Daily Mail. 

Newcastle, Leicester, Cardiff and Derby County are all considering moves for Leeds United striker Ross McCormack this summer.

The 27-year-old scored 29 goals in an eventful season which looks set to take another twist off the pitch with Leeds owner Massimo Cellino facing a winding-up petition from Sport Capital on June 9. Other creditors are also demanding unpaid monies.

Leeds rejected offers from Cardiff and West Ham in January and will demand around £10million this window. However, the offers that come in will be around £6m and the player could ask to go if the unrest at Elland Road escalates.

Derby will only bid should they gain promotion but Leicester, who also like Brighton's Leonardo Ulloa, are keen.

Meanwhile, Newcastle are looking to sell Northern Ireland midfielder Shane Ferguson. The 22-year-old, who had a loan spell with Birmingham earlier in the season, has two years left on contract so Newcastle will look for around £1m. 

Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday and St Mirren are keen on on out of contract midfielder Conor Newton.

Discuss? He is a very good player but I'd want to look elsewhere if we get promoted. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see it. Possibly just had the season of his career too, better to sign 'em just before they have the season of their career, like Chrissy Martin.

I agree with the consensus. I will say this for him though, I must have watched Leeds 10/11 times this season - yeah, I know.

They're an appalling side. Ross McCormack has been head and shoulders their best player, by far. I think Matt Smith has his uses and he did a number on Whitbread and Keogh, but, McCormack has been another level over the season.

If we get promoted, and we spent £10m on McCormack. I'd be a bit underwhelmed to say the least.

I guess it is the growing rate for a Championship striker with such a goal to game ratio. I'd be mortified if we signed Rhodes, for instance.

Far too much money for a player that would not play every week or would be stuck out wide where he would do nothing. If looking for a striker for the Prem we need to widen our search and I believe SM could find us a great pick for just a couple of million. For the Championship I would cash in on Sammon and make a move for Lewis Grabban. Great record this season and given the club he is at and the fact that they are operating with heavy losses we could probably get him for a good price. 

Edit: If people like McCormack and Rhodes are selling for £7m+ then Martin is worth at least £5m and probably Bryson. But how many would consider Martin to be worth that much? Exactly the point. 

Probably is with Martin he was signed on a free. Teams won't offer big money due to the fact he was signed on a free a year ago. Ulloa cost Brighton 2.5m so value has to be added on top of that because he's improved since arriving e.g which is why Leicester are linked for a large 6.5m fee. Martin doesn't have that, even if their abilities are similar/he's better

I'd love to see SMc dip into his old hunting ground of Holland and bring over someone we've never heard of that turns out to be the next Michu for a couple of million, and bangs in 20 goals in the prem. Then we can sell him on for £20mil, before anyone realises he was a flash in the pan.

I don't think we need to scrabbling around in the Championship. We've already got one of the best strikers at this level. In fact we've got several of the better strikers at this level. hopefully most will make the step up to the next. I'm sure Martin will, he's already been there, Russell will, Dawkins will. I wonder if Ward will struggle. And we'll be lucky to still have Bamford. Sammon will be gone to fresher streams, bless him.

It's not like last time we got promoted, when Stevie Howard's goals got us promoted, and then we pretty much had to dump him and get a whole new (****) strike force. Which i not to say we can just take on the premier league with what we have. One quality, hidden-gem, bit of foreign talent please Mr. Mac. Not a Ross McCormack.

Think of some of the wingers/CB's we could sign for 10 million...

Do you really think any of Dejagah, Adam Johnson or Wayne Routledge would cost over 10 million? All proven PL wingers, not Ross McCormack who'd be out of position and possibly out of his depth.

Do you really think any of Jonas Olsson, Winston Reid, Ron Vlaar, Brede Hangeland, Sylvain Distin or even Michael f*cking Dawson would cost 10 million?

That's not even taking into account any talent Schteve knows of abroad, anyone who's contract's running out or any loans we could get in.

Archived