FA to look at introduction of B teams

Day

Want english kids to have better skills?

Easy, stop making them play on full size pitches from the age of 11, make premier league use their obscene amounts of cash to fund decent all weather facilities available to all communities, and change kids football to summer, even Messi, Ronaldo et al wouldn't be able to develop skills on the dogturd infested, heavy and wet pitches we expect our kids to play and develop on.

The pitch and small sides is something that is already being brought in. All weather pitches are certainly the way forward but I don't see why Premier league clubs should finance them. What about in places where there is not a Premier league club who looks after financing those facilities.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pitch and small sides is something that is already being brought in. All weather pitches are certainly the way forward but I don't see why Premier league clubs should finance them. What about in places where there is not a Premier league club who looks after financing those facilities.

Thats why I said premier league, not premier league clubs.

I want to see 11aside pitches banned until players turn 14/15 years old. I would like to see league tables not introduced until a similar age. Play 6aside tournaments instead of a season. Start with local qualifiers then regional qualifiers and so on until the best of the best play each other at St George's.

This keeps them playing competitively but without their dad on the sideline screaming at them to clear the lines or put it in the mixer! As happens with 11aside.

I also think that once 16, you should referee the 11year olds 2/3 times during the tournaments. 17 ref 12 years olds, 18 ref 13year olds. Just to give them a bit of respect for Mach officials!

I want to see 11aside pitches banned until players turn 14/15 years old. I would like to see league tables not introduced until a similar age. Play 6aside tournaments instead of a season. Start with local qualifiers then regional qualifiers and so on until the best of the best play each other at St George's.

This keeps them playing competitively but without their dad on the sideline screaming at them to clear the lines or put it in the mixer! As happens with 11aside.

I also think that once 16, you should referee the 11year olds 2/3 times during the tournaments. 17 ref 12 years olds, 18 ref 13year olds. Just to give them a bit of respect for Mach officials!

Are they the ones that go really fast?

On a serious note, what you say makes sense to me. One of the problems I had when growing up was that the 'coach' of our team thought he was a tactical genius, so instead of letting us kids have a game, he needed to win, win, win. As a midfielder, I either had to become a defender to get a touch on the ball or just jack it in. I did the latter. The coach of a junior team needs to coach ball skills, passing, shooting etc and foster a love of the game. Not think he's Bob ******* Paisley trying to win every trophy in sight. Take away the trophies.

Are they the ones that go really fast?

On a serious note, what you say makes sense to me. One of the problems I had when growing up was that the 'coach' of our team thought he was a tactical genius, so instead of letting us kids have a game, he needed to win, win, win. As a midfielder, I either had to become a defender to get a touch on the ball or just jack it in. I did the latter. The coach of a junior team needs to coach ball skills, passing, shooting etc and foster a love of the game. Not think he's Bob ******* Paisley trying to win every trophy in sight. Take away the trophies.

That's why Futsal is so good, a smaller ball and it's all about one touch control one touch pass then move, repeat til sight of goal appears.

I've considered whether players should me moved dependent on size, if they're clearly only dominating their age group because they are a big ba$tard who has developed fast for their age they should be made to play with an age group that has similar sized players as the norm. This will stop your will Hughes being overlooked for your big ****** who can bully people his own age

So it looks like this is actually going to happen.

They want it to happen. That's not quite the same thing.

He seemed to talk a lot about coaches from premier league clubs being consulted. Who else was? Coaches at York and Luton? Forest Green and Notts County? Were fans consulted? Has anyone on here been asked for their input? If so, what questions did they ask you?

Having ploughed through the Exec summary, I'm trying to decide whether I have the will to live any more.

I'm off to support Burton.

An excellent choice - I usually watch Burton when not watching Derby. Great facilities and good standard of football. You never know, they could have formed a Strategic Loan Partnership with Aston Villa or Leicester City by then.

The scale of the problem (from Exec summary)
In the 2012-13 Premier League season only 32% of starts were by players qualified 
to play for England compared with 69% twenty years ago. Among the top four clubs 
that season, the number reduces to only 28% of starts by English qualified players. 
Meanwhile in the Champions League only 22 English players appeared in any group 
matches this season compared with 75 Spanish players, 54 German players and 47 
Brazilian players. 
This lack of English players is not limited to the top of the game. In 2012-13 only 51% 
of players in the Championship were qualified to play for England. This represents a 
10% decline in the last ten years. 

Effectively, if you aren't in the Premier League the FA doesn't care too much about you.

If you aren't even in the football league, stop dreaming...

I think the calls for Greg Dyke to resign after the World Cup draw need resurrecting.

Possibly that wizened old pros get to kick the **** out of some premier league kid who earns 5 times as much as they do

When you move on to watching Burton Albion you will see that the majority of teams in that league do not have wizened old pros. There are plenty of very good footballers who just lack that 'something' that could turn them into Premier League/Championship players.

A ban on all non EU players from playing outside of the Prem?

Pretty sure thats illegal and complete bullshit

That is an interesting one. Their view is that as only top players from outside the EU should be granted work visas, then they should be good enough to play in the Premier League. Be interesting to see what happens if a team gets relegated with non-EU players in it. I think there is a hell of a lot of fine tuning to be done.

Archived