Official Player and Goal of the Season votes

HeyHudson

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

English calculator mate

made me laugh! ;) not being a forest fan at all but going back in history over last couple of seasons Bryson hasn't got near that target, and I believe it's mostly down to Martin. One thing I think we can agree on is that we have two really good ******* players!

I just want to know which member of the Bryson family Valleyram is shagging to be so obsessed with shouting about his contribution to a group of people who already know and fully appreciate his contribution, to the extent that someone not saying he's the best player the league has ever seen is taken as some sort of insult!

another one taking the bait coconut , oh dear oh dear

OK fine, for sure for sure,

she's a valleyram and there is no cure

(Barf out, gag me with a spoon)

another one taking the bait coconut , oh dear oh dear

I did think you might genuinely have some sort of connection to the family, but apparently you're just a bit of a tool, oh well, if that's your M.O then so be it.

Hopefully anyone else reading this won't bother to engage you in conversation again.

Couldn't choose between bryson and martin so voted for my favourite player for the season instead - bucko. He's just been so solid and reliable probably making fewer mistakes than anyone else. Forsyth and grant deserve a mention too. Nice to have these dilemmas

I think Bryson's vs Yeovil got less votes because part time fans who weren't interested before we started doing well under McClaren wont have remembered the goal.

Also loads of people go to the Forest games so that goal will stick out in the memory for them. Russell will win. 

I'm not arguing about Bryson's ability but why does it matter how much ground he covers? My dog would cover more.

It's just a useful part of his game. He's a decent player because he's a decent footballer. Not because he runs a lot. Running isn't a skill. Effort isn't a fantastic contribution.

Oh! You made effort? Well, how very kind of you.

Managers always say "I can't fault their effort and desire to win"

What? They tried to win? Does that not go without saying? Should that not be the minimal expectation? Stephen Pearson had bags of effort. Savage ran. Tito Villa ran. Yeovil had effort

Commons had skill. When he was motivated he was twice the player that Pearson and Co could ever dream of. When he was lazy he was a cnut. Why praise him for the times he put effort in? We don't.

Same with Bryson. Who cares how many yards he ran. How many did Eranio run? Asanovic? How many does Xavi, Toure run?

Bryson is a decent player. Let that be the argument. We love effort in this country. What about actual ability?

"You can be whatever you want to be if you work hard" = ******.

Anyway, it's a close call. Personally if we go into the Play Offs without Martin I think we'll struggle a lot more than Bryson. The stats are irrelevant.

Who would you rather miss the Play Off games? He's our best player. That's your man. Our most technically gifted player is probably neither of them. But this is for the player that's made our season most.

I know who'd I'd rather lose.

Midfielder wins supporters' vote to be named the Derby County Player of the Season.

Craig Bryson is Derby County’s Player of the Season for the 2013/14 campaign.

The midfielder has added his name to an illustrious list of players to have lifted the famous Jack Stamps Trophy for the second time inside three seasons, having previously won the award during the 2011/12 season.

27-year-old Bryson has been in impressive form for Derby this season and has played a key role in the side achieving a top six spot under Steve McClaren.

He has scored 16 goals in 45 appearances so far this season, including two hat-tricks against Millwall and Nottingham Forest.

His hat-trick against Millwall was Derby’s first in the league since the 1995/96 season, while he also became the first player since Steve Bloomer in the 1890s to score a treble against arch-rivals Forest.

Bryson’s form has also been recognised on the international stage this season and he made his first start for Scotland in November against Norway.

Derby fans voted in their thousands in an online poll and there were a number of strong candidates in the running after a successful season on the pitch.

Bryson came out on top, with leading goalscorer Chris Martin finishing in second place and central defender Jake Buxton in third spot.

The Scotsman will be presented with the Jack Stamps Trophy on the iPro Stadium playing surface prior to this afternoon's Sky Bet Championship game against Watford.

Derby County Head Coach Steve McClaren said: “Craig has been a real asset for us.

“He’s scored some important goals and provided energy for us in the middle of the park.

“We’ve seen it time after time that he makes runs into the opposition’s penalty area and he’s got his rewards during the season.

“He’s been involved in a number of our goals this season and our congratulations go to him on winning this award.”

Will Hughes has also been named as the Sammy Crooks Young Player of the Year and will also be presented with his award prior to kick-off today.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/bryson-wins-the-jack-stamps-trophy-260414-1510576.aspx#8C6lbeXh8cUcZUiR.99

I'm not arguing about Bryson's ability but why does it matter how much ground he covers? My dog would cover more.

It's just a useful part of his game. He's a decent player because he's a decent footballer. Not because he runs a lot. Running isn't a skill. Effort isn't a fantastic contribution.

Oh! You made effort? Well, how very kind of you.

Managers always say "I can't fault their effort and desire to win"

What? They tried to win? Does that not go without saying? Should that not be the minimal expectation? Stephen Pearson had bags of effort. Savage ran. Tito Villa ran. Yeovil had effort

Commons had skill. When he was motivated he was twice the player that Pearson and Co could ever dream of. When he was lazy he was a cnut. Why praise him for the times he put effort in? We don't.

Same with Bryson. Who cares how many yards he ran. How many did Eranio run? Asanovic? How many does Xavi, Toure run?

Bryson is a decent player. Let that be the argument. We love effort in this country. What about actual ability?

"You can be whatever you want to be if you work hard" = ******.

Anyway, it's a close call. Personally if we go into the Play Offs without Martin I think we'll struggle a lot more than Bryson. The stats are irrelevant.

Who would you rather miss the Play Off games? He's our best player. That's your man. Our most technically gifted player is probably neither of them. But this is for the player that's made our season most.

I know who'd I'd rather lose.

Think you argued against yourself with the commons point, he always had skill but was a waste of time until he put the effort in when wanting a new deal, the only spell that made him worth keeping was when he added effort to his game.

Archived