Official Player and Goal of the Season votes

HeyHudson

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bucko over the whole season ????? ur having a laugh but everyone is entitled to their opinion , hes been really good since xmas but before that , nop ,no for me

I watched every game up to about October time - He was our third best player then, for me, behind Martin and Bryson. Since December time, he has been much more consistent than them two - so I think he just pips it. Although, picking between the three is tricky. 

The ironic thing is, up to that point in the season Forsyth, your number 3 choice, was our worst regular by my records.

Every game I watched using ramsplayer, marking good things, bad things...etc and at the end tallied them up and worked it out that way. Rather than the old fashioned 'oh, he looks rate today... 8/10' 

EDIT: Buxton was sublime away from home early on.. especially against Brighton, he won absolutely everything if I remember rightly.

Further EDIT: the last monthly review I did was in September - Buxton was top... http://dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/12696-wake-me-up-when-september-ends-month-review/

No clue on the goal as so many great goals for different reasons!

Picking the player isn't much easier. However, I am sticking with Martin.  I would have no issue if Bryson, Buxton, Grant or Forsyth won it. Martin though is crucial to our side, so much of what we do goes through him and we do not have an alternative to him. Plus he gets bonus points for his destruction of Joey Barton.

It has been a long while since there has been a genuine competition across the team for the player of the year award.

Too close to call for me. Theres been some top goals and heaps of effort from individual players gone to make great teamwork.

Ooo how do you choose?

Steve Buckley won it twice Duracell so Bryson will be the third player

Oh well we could all come along and rain on my parade by bringing facts into things....

Bugger, hadn't read the list of previous winners properly. So yeah....Bryson would be the third player to win it twice (but the second to win it twice with a year off in between) 

Oh well we could all come along and rain on my parade by bringing facts into things....

Bugger, hadn't read the list of previous winners properly. So yeah....Bryson would be the third player to win it twice (but the second to win it twice with a year off in between) 

correct.  And all the more worthy a winner for doing so too  ;)

Archived