Official Player and Goal of the Season votes

HeyHudson

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had Ward's cheeky chip gone in yesterday that would have been a contender.

I would have exploded bol lock porridge if that had gone in......

Goal: Russell vs Leeds. That backheel from Martin still makes me swoon every time I see it :wub:

Player: Martin. We're a completely different (and considerably poorer) side without him.

Aye n we would win loads of games without bryso

Craig does more for the team than any other player and by a country mile at that

He's the complete professional and must be a joy to play alongside

How so ? Just look at the stats on km covered per game, by far the most in the division

Yes… but a lot of that distance will be made up of runs in behind that come to nothing. It helps HIM play as a secondary striker and a midfielder in one, but often he isn't making himself a clear cut option for his team mates, just a potential hit and hope option.

Yes… but a lot of that distance will be made up of runs in behind that come to nothing. It helps HIM play as a secondary striker and a midfielder in one, but often he isn't making himself a clear cut option for his team mates, just a potential hit and hope option.

Really ? I watch his runs most weeks and truth be told he's very rarely found by one of his team mates ' maybe playing with better players will make him an even better player than he currently is ' he will only be appreciated when he's not there

Really ? I watch his runs most weeks and truth be told he's very rarely found by one of his team mates ' maybe playing with better players will make him an even better player than he currently is ' he will only be appreciated when he's not there

True, a lot more of his runs would be found with better players, but it's easy to that his runs should be found and and the other players are at fault. Something Assou-Ekotto once said regarding this sticks out in my mind;

"There are the fans who pass judgment quickly, who say, from the comfort of their seats, how they would have cut the ball on the inside, swung the ball around or brought it down. It was like I was sitting with Messi, Ronaldo and Maradona."

True, a lot more of his runs would be found with better players, but it's easy to that his runs should be found and and the other players are at fault. Something Assou-Ekotto once said regarding this sticks out in my mind;

"There are the fans who pass judgment quickly, who say, from the comfort of their seats, how they would have cut the ball on the inside, swung the ball around or brought it down. It was like I was sitting with Messi, Ronaldo and Maradona."

Yea I understand that , I just love his attitude and my opinion is he would be mised more than Chris Martin who's had a fantastic season btw

Yea I understand that , I just love his attitude and my opinion is he would be mised more than Chris Martin who's had a fantastic season btw

I'd still go Martin. Bryson's no different a player to what he was the two years previous, the fact he now has a player as intelligent and as technically gifted as Martin gives the opportunity to what were previously futile runsthe chance for Bryson to produce an end product. As a partnership I'd say Bryson and Martin are right up there with Ings and Vokes.

Aye n we would win loads of games without bryso

Craig does more for the team than any other player and by a country mile at that

He's the complete professional and must be a joy to play alongside

I think we'd win more games without Bryson than we would without Martin.

rynny u are 100% correct but I cant have bucko over the whole season he was mediocre up until xmas and has been very consistent since , I would say its close between bryso and martin but when you have someone from midfield with as many assists as he has had goals I think its a no brainer but I would be the first to congratulate chris martin as hes had a very good season

We conceded a lot goals early on in the season but, other than the Ipswich match, I cant remember any Buxton stinkers standing out. Some people could argue the defence looked poor because they were left so exposed by the midfield.

If Thorne had been here longer, i think he would walk POTY, but he hasn't.....

So for me POTY goes to Martin, i think he is pivotal to our play, and the fact he has scored 20+ goals too makes him my pick.

Goal... Russell against Huddersfield, great vision from Thorne, Russell see's Thorne is getting the ball and is off like a rabbit, and the sublime dink with the outside of his left foot when running right is a thing of beauty.

If Thorne had been here longer, i think he would walk POTY, but he hasn't.....

So for me POTY goes to Martin, i think he is pivotal to our play, and the fact he has scored 20+ goals too makes him my pick.

Goal... Russell against Huddersfield, great vision from Thorne, Russell see's Thorne is getting the ball and is off like a rabbit, and the sublime dink with the outside of his left foot when running right is a thing of beauty.

Was thinking exactly this.

Archived