2nd is back on !!!!!???

jimbobram

It doesn't matter if we catch Burnley or not, for me we've had a fantastic season and i'm 100% sure if mac was here at the start of the season we'd be 2nd.

If we fail to win the playoffs, i'm very confident we'll go up automatically next season

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right Burnley last games.

Blackpool -A

Ipswich -H

Wigan -H

Reading-A

Only one I'd say is a guaranteed win us Blackpool.

Ipswich in the Play off hunt

Wigan in a high and in the play off hunt

Reading in the play off hunt could need a win to get there on the last day.

Could see them results being 1 win and 1 draw.

We'd need to win all 4 out of

Doncaster A

Barnsley H

Watford H

Leeds A

Last day decider could well still be on. I'm getting my Leeds tickets just in case

PistoldPete2

Right Burnley last games.

Blackpool -A

Ipswich -H

Wigan -H

Reading-A

Only one I'd say is a guaranteed win us Blackpool.

Ipswich in the Play off hunt

Wigan in a high and in the play off hunt

Reading in the play off hunt could need a win to get there on the last day.

Could see them results being 1 win and 1 draw.

We'd need to win all 4 out of

Doncaster A

Barnsley H

Watford H

Leeds A

Last day decider could well still be on. I'm getting my Leeds tickets just in case

Hmm we need to win all 4, Donny away will be tricky given our recent away form. Also Watford are going well. Dont think we will do it but boy those points thrown away against Birmingham and Ipswich could yet prove crucial now.

I'd back them to pinch Wigan at home and comfortably beat Blackpool. Focus on the play-offs.

Looking at certain results like Millwall (H), Birmingham (A) and (H) and Ipswich (A) it's our own fault for cocking up like that on multiple occasions. They are just far more consistent and will continue to be so.

How cool would it be to get promoted at Elland Road though?

Imagine if they beat us for once and that's what kept us down!! Laugh or cry??

Both

Just cry, hysterically.

Leeds beating us? :rofl:

You guys have awesome imagination! I'm bit jealous actually.

After today's set of results I did actually bother checking our fixtures with Burnley's & on paper, it just...just might be possible.

That said, I just can't see how a well drilled side like Burnley won't close this out & I think we've got too much to do. And lets face it, garbage though Leeds are & even taking into account our recent record against them, there would be fewer harder places to secure 2nd than Elland Road in front of 25k rabid Yorkshiremen. They're like West Ham/Millwall - they just hate everyone & would relish ruining our day/season.

In a funny way, I'd also rather not have the "heartbreak" of missing out on 2nd lest it interferes with our playoff challenge. I still remember 1991/2 when playoffs felt like a poor consolation - I wonder if the players felt like that too? Judging by how level headed McClaren has been this season,I think he'll be totally focusing on the playoffs too.

Until Baz calls again...

I did wonder at one point if it was a wind up. I'm going to look like a massive knobber if it was.

Anyway, atleast he wasn't off pretending to be a footballer on park somewhere. Did you put jumpers down?

I did wonder at one point if it was a wind up. I'm going to look like a massive knobber if it was.

Anyway, atleast he wasn't off pretending to be a footballer on park somewhere. Did you put jumpers down?

Ouch!! We didn't have any jumpers, so we had to stick with goalposts and nets...it was that or water bottles.

For me, the Millwall and Bolton games last month nobbled it for us. Win both of those and we'd be three points behind Burnley. Then, maybe, just maybe...

As it stands, however, we've got to rely on too much luck. I just can't see it happening. Even just one Burnley win before the end of the season will more or less seal it, and even then we'd have to win all our games.

For what it's worth, I don't begrudge them it. They've been one of the two most consistent teams in the league, and therefore deserve it. Fair play to them/

Archived