2nd is back on !!!!!???

jimbobram

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been some odd runs of form this season, both home and away.

Clough couldn’t win at home and in all of his 9 league games before getting the sack he only gave us 3w, 2d, 4l.

Up until the win against Blackpool Schteve couldn’t win away and in his previous 9 league games he only gave us 3w, 2d, 4l.

Before the Blackpool match I wondered if Sam might be getting twitchy…

"http://media.giphy.com/media/iLLrXQujdHXmE/giphy" alt="giphy">

Suspect that you are absolutely right and a victory over Blackpool or Wigan will seal it.

Yeah had we of played poorly today I may of been twitching a little, but we were superb, did everything but score if we play like that against any other side we'll get the points needed, Karanka has Boro very well drilled, very solid defensively.

Don't know why this is turning into a Clough thread again, hes gone and McClaren has taken us from 14th to 3rd. Clough is not coming back so I don't see why we need to still discuss him as though he was our best manager ever... he never got us into the play offs, Steve has.

Back to catching second. Highly unlikely, but a nice carrot to keep the lads honest and wanting to win. It should mean that we keep our form going into the play offs. 8 points is the gap now with 4 games to go - win all four and yes we may have a chance. But Burnley won't lose vs Blackpool which means it'll be (at best) 8 points with 3 games to go - we'll see what happens but its a long shot.

It's not going to happen... Though if Burnley lose at Blackpool and Derby beat Doncaster they might get abit twitchy..

I fully expect Burnley to beat Blackpool, and get enough points from Wigan and Ipswich at home so that they are promoted before the last game of the season.

Archived