2nd is back on !!!!!???

jimbobram

2013/2014 Sat 21 Dec Burnley 2 - 1 Blackpool League 2012/2013 Sat 13 Apr Blackpool 1 - 0 Burnley League   Sat 20 Oct Burnley 1 - 0 Blackpool League 2011/2012 Sat 21 Apr Blackpool 4 - 0 Burnley League   Sat 29 Oct Burnley 3 - 1 Blackpool League 2008/2009 Tue 03 Mar Blackpool 0 - 1 Burnley League   Tue 16 Sep Burnley 2 - 0 Blackpool League 2007/2008 Tue 01 Jan Blackpool 3 - 0 Burnley League   Sat 15 Sep Burnley 2 - 2 Blackpool League 2002/2003 Tue 10 Sep Burnley 3 - 0 Blackpool League Cup 1999/2000 Tue 21 Mar Blackpool 1 - 1 Burnley League   Sun 14 Nov Burnley 1 - 0 Blackpool League 1998/1999 Tue 13 Apr Blackpool 0 - 2 Burnley League   Sat 28 Nov Burnley 1 - 0 Blackpool League 1997/1998 Tue 07 Apr Burnley 1 - 2 Blackpool League

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, the Millwall and Bolton games last month nobbled it for us. Win both of those and we'd be three points behind Burnley. Then, maybe, just maybe...

As it stands, however, we've got to rely on too much luck. I just can't see it happening. Even just one Burnley win before the end of the season will more or less seal it, and even then we'd have to win all our games.

For what it's worth, I don't begrudge them it. They've been one of the two most consistent teams in the league, and therefore deserve it. Fair play to them/

Shoulda Coulda Woulda, had we of hung on against Birmingham for an extra 10 seconds and won today like we should of done, then we'd be up already.. Also had Ings, Marney, Trippier and Vokes (our 4 best players) not been out for ages at the same time we would of walked this league

works both ways, all ifs and buts.

Shoulda Coulda Woulda, had we of hung on against Birmingham for an extra 10 seconds and won today like we should of done, then we'd be up already.. Also had Ings, Marney, Trippier and Vokes (our 4 best players) not been out for ages at the same time we would of walked this league

works both ways, all ifs and buts.

Just out of interest, what's the mood like amongst your fans?

Just a matter of time before you get the points necessary to seal promotion or a bit of concern in the air? These things can sometimes translate to the players at the business end of seasons

Btw we had 71% possession today, and 27 attempts at goal with 14 corners.... 

god knows how a hoof ball side manages 71% possession.

Nobody who's thought about it reckons you're a hoofball side, so stop milking it. You're second on merit. Don't make yourself out like you've got small club chip on the shoulder mentality, it isn't attractive.

Btw we had 71% possession today, and 27 attempts at goal with 14 corners....

god knows how a hoof ball side manages 71% possession.

Mate, the guy who said that is... excitable.

When I've seen you, you play like Billy Davies side. Ings working the channels, lots of percentage balls where you give yourself the best chance winning something in good areas. You'll play the ball around if the pressure is off. If the pressure is on then you move it forward quickly at a risk of losing possession. Percentages.

One of the most hard working, organised sides. Hard to break down. Great off the ball.

We were 3-1 up at Birmingham in the late stages too. Got caught out attacking and drew 3-3.

You deserve second and you won't find many Rams fans with anything bad to say about Burnley.

Only under Eddie Howe where you displayed the worst case of cheating outside the El Classico. But I've seen similar complaints about him with Bournemouth.

You beat us twice, you're better off the ball, you're clear. Good luck.

Just out of interest, what's the mood like amongst your fans?

Just a matter of time before you get the points necessary to seal promotion or a bit of concern in the air? These things can sometimes translate to the players at the business end of seasons

Everyone is different mate, I think we all think it's a matter of time deep down, but we're not counting our chickens just yet.

Although having looked at your run in I don't think you will win them all, I doubt you will win 3 never mind 4 so we should be okay with 1 win, also we have the better goal difference which accumulates to an extra point. 

Like I said above I'd be a bit more concerned had we of played poorly today, we were unreal 71% of the ball, 14 corners and 27 shots at goal is some going.. if we play like that for the remaining games, we will win them all.. if you look at our record against the better teams in the league, you will see why we're up there, so Wigan, Ipswich and Reading won't concern us at all... easily 1 win there, plus we should beat Blackpool.

Everyone is different mate, I think we all think it's a matter of time deep down, but we're not counting our chickens just yet.

Although having looked at your run in I don't think you will win them all, I doubt you will win 3 never mind 4 so we should be okay with 1 win, also we have the better goal difference which accumulates to an extra point. 

Like I said above I'd be a bit more concerned had we of played poorly today, we were unreal 71% of the ball, 14 corners and 27 shots at goal is some going.. if we play like that for the remaining games, we will win them all.. if you look at our record against the better teams in the league, you will see why we're up there, so Wigan, Ipswich and Reading won't concern us at all... easily 1 win there, plus we should beat Blackpool.

Ur bottle will go craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Yes that sounds encouraging for you guys - if you carry on playing well the results will undoubtedly come. For what its worth I think its a matter of time too - a bit like us cementing our playoff spot. Not mathematically done yet but I'm not remotely worried about being overtaken by anyone outside the top 6.

I also don't see us winning every game - Leeds away on the last day will be tough, however badly they're playing.

Ur bottle will go craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

We could not win again all season and still have enough points to go up with the 8 more than you we have, plus the goal difference is better atm.. so even if we do crash and don't win again I wouldn't bank on you capitalizing.

You need 1 win and 2 draws, shunt be a problem......i do think we'll win our last 4 but it won't be enough.

Yes that sounds encouraging for you guys - if you carry on playing well the results will undoubtedly come. For what its worth I think its a matter of time too - a bit like us cementing our playoff spot. Not mathematically done yet but I'm not remotely worried about being overtaken by anyone outside the top 6.

I also don't see us winning every game - Leeds away on the last day will be tough, however badly they're playing.

Yeah Leeds take over garbage has been sorted now, and they won today so maybe by the time you come to play them they will have sorted themselves out and back to playing well. Watford are a very good side too, my fancy for Auto promotion pre-season, they've been unlucky with Zola leaving halfway through and a few injuries but they're a good side, much better than the table suggests. Add in that you have Doncaster away, as we know... no game is a walk over in this league, ESPECIALLY away from home!!

It just pisses me off that we cocked up against Boro, Bolton, Millwall and Ipswich recently, they were always going to have a slight downfall

Yeah I'm just disappointed we cocked up against Brum, Boro, Bournemouth & Millwall.

It pisses me off that having our best 4 players out at the same time too, pretty miffed about Vokes and Ings both being injured at the same time which cost us the title and 3 points against Leicester, 2 points against Watford too and Vokes being out today cost us all 3 points.

Yeah I'm just disappointed we cocked up against Brum, Boro, Bournemouth & Millwall.

It pisses me off that having our best 4 players out at the same time too, pretty miffed about Vokes and Ings both being injured at the same time which cost us the title and 3 points against Leicester, 2 points against Watford too and Vokes being out today cost us all 3 points.

Last laugh for us - we're going up via Wembley.  :p

Archived