How did you do derby day?

Mostyn6

High Lodge Thetford! Used to take groups of GCSE Students there for high ropes and Orienteering. Quality place. 

I went on the Treetop Jnr with my 4yr old. He was fine until they took his handrail rope away, and had to bail out before the end. I couldn't even convince him to do the zip line at the end.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught bus to match as wife had car.

Walked to the ground from town had a burger and onions from burger bar near Clough and Taylor statue

Pint in fan park.

Watched a great win and delighted with it all in West Stand with my lovely son and the great fans around me

It really is great in West Stand Upper in the lovely IPRO

Went to Subway for a cob and coffee.

Wife picked me up so we went to Standing Order for a meal which was great.

Very Loud atmosphere in the Standing Order hardly surprising after a great win by the SUPER RAMS.

Got home watched The Voice and then MOD intermingled with recording of match.

Then watched Rams on Footy League show first game.

Off to bed after a good day.

You ate alot lol.

05:10 - Out of bed

05:30 - Set off for work.

05:50 - Arrive at work

06:10 to 12:00 - Whinge and whine about being at work on Derby Day.

12:00 - Boss takes pity on me and tells me to sod off home.

12:20 - Get home just in time to see 1st goal.

12:25 - 14:10 - Watch rest of match with mixed feelings, "great we're stuffing the Gumps"- Vs -"******, I'm not there"

Rest of day - Drink home made mead at home, then proper beer at pub.

5 30-woke up buzzing. 6-bath. 7-woke everyone up who i was going with. 8.30-whisky at my house. 9-breakfast at cromford cafe. 9.30-train to derby from cromford. 10-waterfall. 12-walk to the ipro supping on the hip flask. 12.15-2.10- watched the rams demolish florist 5-0. 2.30- into tiger bar in town. 4- into another pub in town, the one across the road from barracuda, 5-neptune, 5.50- train back to cromford, 6.40-8- went into the greyhound and jake buxton was in there with his dad. 8-up to the bell for kareoke, bucko went up to.

10am train, Waterfall, walked to the ground, watched, laughed and sang, (plenty joined in the songs in the West upper), strolled, nay, floated back into town, then, in order i think....

Telegraph

Babington Arms

Ryan's Bar (excellent Irish Stew for a fiver!)

White Horse

Jorrocks

Vines

Wardwick

taxi to Waterfall (bone idle/pissed)

8.42 train to Utch

Old Star

Black Swan (full of lessta on their way home from Blackburn!)

As days go, this was up there......great singing in the pubs, unbelieveable in the Wardwick when Daydream Believer came on....

I was in the waterfall (surprise, surprise) didn't you see me? I was next to cisse. :lol:

What a weekend..!!!

Set off Friday, a load of beer on the terrace at Basel airport in the sunshine. Perfect start.

Flight nice and peaceful, was woken up by one of the French Rams supporters lads to say he had found a stoke city fan at the back of the plane and they were taking the piss out of him, did I want to join in...so had 15 minutes with that.

Into Manchester at 21:00 and straight on the coach to Derby.

Several cans of beer later, and a couple of litres of Various spirits and a pee pee stop in Stoke, arrived in Derby.

Met by Nick and the giant flag at the hotel-photo opportunities all round. (Thanks Nick)

Threw bags in to rooms and off out.

30 minutes later I got a call from the bus driver as one of the lads had left his bag on the bus, so went back to the hotel to collect it, threw it in my room and decided not to tell the owner, so he was without a change of clothing until we gave it him back on Monday afternoon after he had checked out the hotel of course. (Lesson learned? Ha ha)

Staggered back to hotel around 3:30, left the rest of the party in town dancing and drinking.

Breakfast at 07:00-only one that made it-few phone calls later they were all filling their faces with full English breakfast.

One lad asked me "what is this marmite?" Obviously told him it was delicious-he covered a piece if toast in it and took a big bite and was almost sick....then they all tasted it and all thought the same.

Off to the Neptune for 08:00...totally chocker block, so decided, as many did, to give it a miss and head to the waterfall.

First ones in there. Settled down for some great pints of doom bar.

(As someone said earlier-we were the "Germans" in there-although everyone of us would have been speaking French!)

Saw Rynny in there.

Walked over to the ground to met my mates in the fan park.

Few beers in there and a nice son song.

In to the ground with 5 minutes before kick off

Another beer.

90 odd minutes of pure pure elation. Incredible.

Celebrating with my sister who had 2 pound in 5-0 at 100/1...!

Back to the waterfall.

Standing order-saw so many faces I haven't seen for years and years in there. It was like going back in time to the Grange around 1987, but everyone having slightly bigger tummies and either a lot more grey hair or a lot less hair in general. Nice to see you all. They really were the days my friend....

Pub crawl around derby, ending in the blue note if all places...

Woke up at 7 on top of my bed with the heating on full blast, fully clothed, including trainers, sweating like a race horse...and went for breakfast.

Sunday-offered the lads a tour of Derby. They suggested a pint in Walkabout first.

Went in at 11:00, watched every football game they had on, including a women's under 17 game between Korea and Germany.... Came out of there at 01:00 am, 14 hours in the same pub, some of the lads had 3 meals in there!

Off to scream until they closed...

Monday, went for a walk along the river to clear my head, met the boys in the white horse for a beer at 11 and then the bus came to collect us at 12.

Sorry this post was so long but it really was the best weekend ever....

Makes up for all the disasters we have had trying to get over to this fixture in he past. The lads all said it was the best weekend of their lives and they are all coming to the play off final...and Manchester united/city/arsenal etc next season.

7:00 - arose from my slumber, full English, lift into Derby..

8:30 - Met the boy at weatherspoons, hadn't seen him for 6months due to him being in the falklands and this was his first game back, eased in.

8:30 to 11:30 - Drinking, 4/5 pints.

11:30 to 12:00 - to the ground.

12:00 to 12:15 - soaked up the atmosphere.

12:15 to 14:15 - sang, laughed, jumped about, fell on the floor... got a few bruises.

14:15 to 16:15 - back into Derby, drinking.

16:15 to 21:00 - back to the mates house, drinking, watched the game again...  :lol:

21:00 to 00:00 - went to Chesterfield, drinking.

00:00 to 00:30 - taxi to Sheffield.

00:30 to 04:30 - in Sheffield, drinking.

04:30 to 05:30 - to my mates house.

05:30 to 7:30 - slept

07:30, onwards -  woke up, felt very sorry for myself, watched the football league show  :lol: had McDonalds breakfast, went home, had a sleep, watched tele, ordered an indian, watched tele... went to sleep. 

Woke up Monday to find Billy Davies sacked.

You know, that weekends like that only come around every 100 years or so. The money spent was well worth it, although the 90£ in taxis does seem excessive now.  :lol:

What a weekend..!!!

Set off Friday, a load of beer on the terrace at Basel airport in the sunshine. Perfect start.

Flight nice and peaceful, was woken up by one of the French Rams supporters lads to say he had found a stoke city fan at the back of the plane and they were taking the piss out of him, did I want to join in...so had 15 minutes with that.

Into Manchester at 21:00 and straight on the coach to Derby.

Several cans of beer later, and a couple of litres of Various spirits and a pee pee stop in Stoke, arrived in Derby.

Met by Nick and the giant flag at the hotel-photo opportunities all round. (Thanks Nick)

Threw bags in to rooms and off out.

30 minutes later I got a call from the bus driver as one of the lads had left his bag on the bus, so went back to the hotel to collect it, threw it in my room and decided not to tell the owner, so he was without a change of clothing until we gave it him back on Monday afternoon after he had checked out the hotel of course. (Lesson learned? Ha ha)

Staggered back to hotel around 3:30, left the rest of the party in town dancing and drinking.

Breakfast at 07:00-only one that made it-few phone calls later they were all filling their faces with full English breakfast.

One lad asked me "what is this marmite?" Obviously told him it was delicious-he covered a piece if toast in it and took a big bite and was almost sick....then they all tasted it and all thought the same.

Off to the Neptune for 08:00...totally chocker block, so decided, as many did, to give it a miss and head to the waterfall.

First ones in there. Settled down for some great pints of doom bar.

(As someone said earlier-we were the "Germans" in there-although everyone of us would have been speaking French!)

Saw Rynny in there.

Walked over to the ground to met my mates in the fan park.

Few beers in there and a nice son song.

In to the ground with 5 minutes before kick off

Another beer.

90 odd minutes of pure pure elation. Incredible.

Celebrating with my sister who had 2 pound in 5-0 at 100/1...!

Back to the waterfall.

Standing order-saw so many faces I haven't seen for years and years in there. It was like going back in time to the Grange around 1987, but everyone having slightly bigger tummies and either a lot more grey hair or a lot less hair in general. Nice to see you all. They really were the days my friend....

Pub crawl around derby, ending in the blue note if all places...

Woke up at 7 on top of my bed with the heating on full blast, fully clothed, including trainers, sweating like a race horse...and went for breakfast.

Sunday-offered the lads a tour of Derby. They suggested a pint in Walkabout first.

Went in at 11:00, watched every football game they had on, including a women's under 17 game between Korea and Germany.... Came out of there at 01:00 am, 14 hours in the same pub, some of the lads had 3 meals in there!

Off to scream until they closed...

Monday, went for a walk along the river to clear my head, met the boys in the white horse for a beer at 11 and then the bus came to collect us at 12.

Sorry this post was so long but it really was the best weekend ever....

Makes up for all the disasters we have had trying to get over to this fixture in he past. The lads all said it was the best weekend of their lives and they are all coming to the play off final...and Manchester united/city/arsenal etc next season.

All you foreign Jonnies look and sound the same mate   :)

Did not see one cow bell so how the hell would I know they were Swiss   :ph34r:

Anyway glad you and your mates had a great weekend. Still don't know how you managed to get so many tickets though.

I have really enjoyed reading this stream.  You all obviously lead much more exciting lives than I do!

But one ironic element has struck me - that the police often demand an early kick off for troublesome games to reduce the opportunity of the fans being with drink by the time kick off comes around.  Most on here appear to have found many a way around that particular problem  ;)

Mind you it doesn't appear to have resulted in mass hooliganism......  

All you foreign Jonnies look and sound the same mate :)

Did not see one cow bell so how the hell would I know they were Swiss :ph34r:

Anyway glad you and your mates had a great weekend. Still don't know how you managed to get so many tickets though.

They had a great time. Best quotes from them..

"Why are they singing you're getting sucked in the morning"

"What is a ****?"

"Does anyone in England really eat Marmite"

"Let's book flights now for the play off final"

We got so many tickets because we are an official international supporters club and I called the club up on the day that the fixtures were announced and bought 40, it's called planning.

Up at 8, bit of brekky.  Left home 10.15, supporters bus to ground arriving 11.15, 2 pints in Travelodge.

In ground at 12.00, 2 hours of heaven.

Bus back to Heanor, in Crown for a few beers and watch Soccer Saturday.

Met the wife and kids at 5ish, went to a party at t'club for a birthday, consumed several more beers until 11pm, wife ordered a taxi home.  Went to bed and put telly on, put the match on Skyplus, woke up in added time at end of game!  Woke again at 6.15am feeling like death, got up and watched the whole match while they were all asleep.

I've had worse weekends!!!!

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-s-French-followers-loved-trip-Forest/story-20874074-detail/story.html#ixzz2xFKocMM6

Derby County's French followers loved trip to see Forest thrashing

By Derbysport  |  Posted: March 28, 2014

"http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276250/Article/images/20874074/5958795-large" alt="5958795-large">

All the way from Muespach... Derby County's French fans.

Comments (0)

Derby County's five-goal thrashing of Nottingham Forest will live long in the memory of all Rams fans – especially a group that travelled from France for the game.

Around 30 made the trip from a village called Muespach in the Alsace region.

It was their fourth “derby” clash and they had experienced a wide mixture of emotions on the previous three occasions.

The first finished in a 1-0 defeat for Derby, Robert Earnshaw scoring for Forest, the second was postponed because of heavy snow, while last season’s draw was a rather drab affair.

However, the latest clash was memorable.

Mike Harris, a life-long Derby fan, organises the annual venture.

He has worked in Switzerland for the past four years and has spent the last three years living in Muespach, close to the borders with Switzerland and Germany.

He signed up for his local football club, FC Muespach, and told team-mates about the Rams and the games against Forest.

Their interest grew and now, as a group, they visit each season.

Mike takes up the story of last weekend’s trip:

“We arrived in Derby at 11.30pm on Friday night, checked into the hotel, then went to find a few traditional English pubs for the French boys to enjoy.

“Saturday started very early. A traditional full English breakfast was enjoyed by all except for one of the guys, who wanted to try Marmite and was ‘surprised’ by the taste, to say the least. You either love it or hate it and he is in the latter group!

“We enjoyed a walk around some of the pubs that opened early and a trip to the fan park outside the iPro Stadium.

“Once inside the ground, it seemed obvious from the start that this was going to be a special day. The atmosphere was electric, I would say the best ever at the new stadium, and was definitely helped by moving the away fans to the South East corner.

“And the result! Derby were incredible. The expressions on the faces of the lads as goal after goal went in was a joy to behold.

“I was just so pleased for them all that they were finally witnessing what a special occasion the Derby versus Forest game can be.

“After the game I was asked many questions by the lads. What does sacked in the morning mean? When is the play-off final? Shall we book our flights for it?

“They cannot wait to return, hopefully for the play-off final win.”

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-s-French-followers-loved-trip-Forest/story-20874074-detail/story.html#ixzz2xFNfmN7u

Worked 9-11, walked to the ground, sneaky pint, watched the match, went batsh1t insane, worked 3 - 6.15, went to the pub to celebrate leaving my job and the match, got a date with a girl.

All in all, a great success. Sunday was spent doing feck all apart from re-watching the highlights, until I shot some rifles at various objects (in a rifle range under supervision, I hasten to add)

And then monday, the glorious news that Billeh had been sacked, Forest continue to be a circus for the rest of the week, and away this weekend for many drinks, with the Derby game betwixt.

The weekend that just keeps on giving.

Archived