How did you do derby day?

Mostyn6

Got up.

Checked DCFC website to see if Blackpool tickets were on sale (not yet - the blooming game's only 2 and a half weeks away).

Did a couple of hours of work (we're at a critical phase in the project and our offshore developers are working this weekend, so being the godlike superstar JLR expect me to be I set some test data up)

Memsahib wandered in with bacon and black pudding sandwiches

Drove to Derby

Pint in the Travelodge

Went to game

Screamed lungs out - utterly euphoric. I have seen us beat the red dogs so many times, but it never loses its novelty - especially with them (still, apparently) being run by Gandalf the Wizened Scrote

Coffee in the Travelodge (3 cups)

Drove home

Opened bottle of homebrew (Belgian style quadrupel)

Drank beer

Memsahib made superb nasi goreng

Devoured nasi goreng

More beer

Watched match again

Bed

XXX

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up with one of those freakishly huge erections that make you realise that you are little more than a brain and a stomach attached to a penis.

Decided that this was a good omen along with the blue skies and bright sunny day.

Arrival. Beer. seat

Great atmosphere

91 minutes played......Billy striding out to give urgent instructions to the centre forward gets a cacophony of whistles and abuse.

Poor old billy.

The whole ground hates him. I actually feel sorry for him until I remember how he would be punching the air if we were losing.

Wonderful feeling.

One of the truly great days.

Chips / beans on the way home.

Nice quiet relaxing evening.

Spag bol with red wine.

Have to keep watching the goals.

Can't stay awake for the highlights.

Bliss.

Awoke

Ate

Drank

Watched

Sang

Laughed

Drank

Ate

Shaved

Worked

Raised 10K for charity

Ate

Drank

Watched

Slept

Not been on the site much lately, so may have missed this, but please.... tell us more you legend. What did you do? Which charity/charities are you representing?

Woke up.

Had a shower with a playlist of songs to get me in the mood blasting out.

Spent the morning watching videos of past glories against them ("Horacio from Rosario...pure Argentine dexterity" and the "Forest are in absolute ruins" games).

Left about 10:00.

Went to the pub.

Predicted 3-1.

Went to the game.

Sang.

Bit my tongue during the melee when we scored the first.

Hugged an old bloke wearing a black Regatta fleece.

Laughed at the blokes in front of us who were totally ratted ("I've got this on Sky Plus! Sky Plus! Sky Plus!" and "Five... Nil!" to no distinguishable tune, being two of the genius chants they came out with).

Sang.

Had a coke and packet of cheese and onion crisps (asked for salt and vinegar, but nevermind).

Fell on the floor in the aisle when we scored the fourth.

Laughed.

Went home.

Had a Chinese.

Watched the highlights.

Watched in disbelief as about 20 people started singing "Steve McClaren's having a party, bring your vodka and your Charlie" in my neighbours garden at 11:00 at night.

Went to bed.

Set off from Oxford at 9am.

Stopped for sweets on A34.

Got to car park by Ipro at 10.55.

Ate sandwiches and crisps in car.

Bought programme and a new Rams scarf at the shop.

In my seat in the West Stand Upper by 12.00.

Smiled at a minor character from the ITV series Benidorm (he plays Martin) sitting a couple of seats along.

Googled him and found out he is a Ram.

Marvelled at padded seat and the 'carpet' beneath my feet.

Read the Bucko article and liked him even more.

Roared the team out onto the pitch

Spent 90 minutes in ecstasy while laughing at the red dogs.

Drove home with a silly grin on my face.

Home in time to listen to the goals on RD commentary at home while jumping round like a kid.

Read the comments on the Forwst forum and enjoyed their slow descent from bravado to near suicide inside 90 minutes.

Watched a couple of episodes if Breaking Bad with a celebratory beer or 3.

Went to bed.

Got up & watched the football league show and smiled some more !

If Carlsberg did weekends...

6am Son woke me up as per usual. I was more excited than any kid on christmas morning, well maybe.

9:30am Drove to cricket club as a volunteer to do the maintenance, volunteered to organise the World Cup Sweep to raise another £100 plus for club funds.

11:50am Drove to my folks and enjoyed every second of the game, whilst the old man heckled from another room the latest Chelsea v Arsenal score, saying the blues were scoring quicker than us.

14:30pm Drove home to pick up family and drove to Inverbervie to see other grandparents, snuck out to the cash line and a quick look at the pub at the WHU v MU game, after full times. Watched final score previously and was expecting Boro 1 QPR 1, but the classifieds told me something else, the only niggle of the day, but hey ho.

6:15pm Drove the misses to The Marine pub in Stonehaven and enjoyed a beef meal soaked in Belgium ale and washed down with a beer, sat in a lovely seat with a window that overlooks the harbour, the sun still shinning on a calm sea.

9.30pm Misses drove us back to the grandparents and we enjoyed watching Stewart Lee on telly before a bit of MOTD.

11pm Took my Derby County Keep The Faith T-Shirt off, and thought to myself "Get it up ya Billy Davies and think, think, and think again!!! And then dived into bed with a big grin on my face.

Woke up, had some toast, coffee and a bath, got dressed in last season's shirt, jeans and duffel coat, and caught the half nine train from Matlock.

Walked into town for pre-match pints of Pedigree in the Neptune, then headed to the ground along the river, having a burger en route. Watched the game from a parallel reality where supporting Derby actually makes me happy, then scurried along to the Brunswick.

Several potential trains home came and went, being replaced by rounds of Timothy Taylors. After six hours or so, which included befriending some Wolves fans and discussing the merits of late period Kevin Rowland, finally ran out of money and caught the ten to nine train home.

Wandered around Sainsburys in a drunken daze, buying random things I don't need, like hot cross buns and nail varnish, and neglecting things I do need, like bread and milk. Eventually crawled into bed, where I've been ever since.

Woke up at half 7 had some cereals and toast had a quick shower and got ready. Dad picked me up at 10 past 8.

In the wetherspoons in stapleford for half 8 had to wait till 9 for beer to be served. (Longest half hour of my life)

Drank a pint or 6 ready for when the 16 seat mini bus picking us all up outside at half 10.

Straight to the ground where more beer was consumed even though its not the best and its a rip off.

Went to my seat in the south stand and sang my heart out for 96 minutes (fell over when hendrick scored)

Back to ilkeston after the game to indulge in alot of lager and here i am now hungover and my top is ripped but still loving life :) 5-0!!

My Dad & Stepmum visited me from Derbyshire. We went to High Lodge, Thetford Forest with my boys.

It wasn't worth the effort trying to find somewhere to watch the game, because anywhere with Sky Sports would've had the Chelsea vs Arsenal game on anyway.

I first learnt the score at half time due to crap signal. Safe to say I was pretty pleased.

Got bugger all sleep after getting back from London late Friday, spent the morning at Halifax discussing bank accounts, got a Bird's sausage/stuffing/apple sauce cob before going to the game. Not as exciting as most... however when you factor in I was in London at a do at the Houses of Parliament which included copious amounts of free wine... it was a great few days.

10am train, Waterfall, walked to the ground, watched, laughed and sang, (plenty joined in the songs in the West upper), strolled, nay, floated back into town, then, in order i think....

Telegraph

Babington Arms

Ryan's Bar (excellent Irish Stew for a fiver!)

White Horse

Jorrocks

Vines

Wardwick

taxi to Waterfall (bone idle/pissed)

8.42 train to Utch

Old Star

Black Swan (full of lessta on their way home from Blackburn!)

As days go, this was up there......great singing in the pubs, unbelieveable in the Wardwick when Daydream Believer came on....

Woke around 6am, nipped in to the centre of Manchester to have a quick chat with a forest supporting work colleague who couldn't get the day off, we both predicted 0-0

Couple of Red stripes on the train and in the waterfall by 10 am.

Wandered to the ground around midday in a slightly tipsy state, bizarre lack of any forest fans to have some 'banter' with. 

Watched the most incredible 96 minutes unfurl.

Train back to Manchester, straight out. Crawled back to bed around 4am.

Just had to cancel a date this evening because i still can't move from my bed

Up the Rams. 

My Dad & Stepmum visited me from Derbyshire. We went to High Lodge, Thetford Forest with my boys.

It wasn't worth the effort trying to find somewhere to watch the game, because anywhere with Sky Sports would've had the Chelsea vs Arsenal game on anyway.

I first learnt the score at half time due to crap signal. Safe to say I was pretty pleased.

High Lodge Thetford! Used to take groups of GCSE Students there for high ropes and Orienteering. Quality place. 

Slightly irrelevant but as some posts have mentioned some flutters - There was a lad in ladbrokes nr walkabout after game...had the 5-0. About £650 return. Well done that man. I got £40 for bryson scoring first and that was good for me. Great day all around to be a ram.

Clocks set for 4.45am (8 hours difference)

Crawl out of bed, kick the dog out the door

cup of coffee, tea for the Mrs.

Jump in the pool to wake myself up (don;t want to fall asleep if its boring)

Its one of the few times I can watch the match live on the tv - fantastic well done BeinSport

channel 508 here.

6 minutes Bryson  1 nil   yeessssss

the rests history, even the mrs is laughing (not for long thou - Boro supporter)

What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived