Semi critical Thread, (now you can choose not to read it if you might get angry!)

ronnieronalde

Not sure where to start with this

good post money at last not a problem forest still paying 40.ooo a week for greening

its a joy for all if he makes the bench

we now have brayford money and of course stadium name cash

greening was to bring skill n experience to their midfield

McClaren  believed this

All managers make mistakes, heck when Steve took over here he admitted that he changed thing too quick at Forest. Don't care what he did elsewhere, all about what happens here. Rodgers was sacked by Reading, look at him now.

whitbread bench

keane bench

thorne bench

naylar bench a expensive bench this total time on field 380 minutes

dawkins squad player

banford squad player

wisdom fullback loan player with view to permanent deal will the club pay

will he come

conclusion transfer activity poor

Whitbread and Keane agreed, but Whitbread was not a McClaren signing and Keane was a cheap loan that didn't pay-off no shame.

Naylor, don't think he would command that much money nowadays and is here mainly as cover which we lack at LB, only got Forsyth there.

Dawkins, started more often than not and has been a good player for us (IMO our best wide player). Bamford chipped in with vital goals and has hardly had a chance to play in his best position, been a good impact player.

Wisdom, has been really good, slight dip in form recently but this is expect after all this is his first season where he has been a regular somewhere, still his good games massively outweigh his bad ones.

Conculsion transfer activity good so far, just wait until the summer then Steve can get rid of the players he wants and bring in more permanent deals.

no commanding centre half dont forget a big cry for this one

forward dont forget we needed a 20 plus striker

and their was a midfield stopper that was urgent

none of these have been signed by the present regime

conclusion transfer activity poor

We have only conceded two goals in seven games, so I think our defence is doing well now.

Martin has 18 goals (15 in league) so well on his way to 20, and there aren't that man 20 goal a season men anyway.

We have Eustace and have brought in Thorn for this role.

Like I said wait till the summer for a proper stamp on the team but we are seeing some it of already, we have gone from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 for example and have been using a holding MF with two wide players in attack.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said wait till the summer for a proper stamp on the team but we are seeing some it of already, we have gone from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 for example and have been using a holding MF with two wide players in attack.

and stopped scoring any goals  :unsure:

Just because Keogh and Buxton haven't been injured, doesn't mean that keeping Whitbread in back up isn't a good plan. Its called risk mitigation.

Only strange one or me is Thorne. Plenty of opportunities to give him game time have come and gone. Will Mac trust him now against Forest. For me he has to....

still a debate on quality signings bamford according to b4 if he dont score he offers ittle else he

would rather have bennet 

good job sammon didnt miss the chances  on sat the critics could have had a field day

according to some criitics on here dawkins brilliant untill final third then becomes a league 2 player

eustace missing on sat will thorne show his quality 

still mystified about about quality signings no not signings loan players

who can be sent back if it fails

they are only here to warm the bench or be bit part players

still a debate on quality signings bamford according to b4 if he dont score he offers ittle else he

would rather have bennet

good job sammon didnt miss the chances on sat the critics could have had a field day

according to some criitics on here dawkins brilliant untill final third then becomes a league 2 player

eustace missing on sat will thorne show his quality

still mystified about about quality signings no not signings loan players

who can be sent back if it fails

they are only here to warm the bench or be bit part players

Why do

You

Always

Have to

Write

Like this?

See that's the thing that I'm not delighted about.

As SOON as I make a post it's either because I love Clough or I hate McClaren. Why can't it just be a post about a football squad.

I think I am slightly over protective of Clough by the way which is pretty darn stupid cos I think the lads probably big enough to look after himself and he probably cares less than I do that there are people with pure hatred for him.

The post I made yesterday was neither a mcclaren hate or a clough love, if you wanted to reallg dig for the sublte message, then I'm squarely pissed of at the Whitbread (especially) and the Thorn deal.

All along we were told Buxton and Keogh were'nt good enough and that was one of the biggst reasons Nige was sacked, cos he couldn't see that Bucko was going to take us down and it was only Sam and the fans who knew we needed a centre half to replace one or the other. Whitbread, Keane and Wisdom all came to replace them.

Now with that little snippet highlighted, was he right? Could we have better spent our money elsewhere?

That just highlights how bad the coaching and organisation was under the previous regime, so bad that players were playing massively below their level. I will say, I always said this, it was the Clough defenders who said we continuously needed to invest in new players, NOT us that believed the coaching setup was lacking....

Why do

You

Always

Have to

Write

Like this?

Yes this

guy 

Trevor

Makes my

Head

hurt

Give the guy a break, he's new to the computer. We should encourage the older generations to use modern technology..

Now his opinions on the other hand.....

Any more thoughts on the worth of signing Thorne?

Great through ball for Bamford's penalty (our fifth, 5, 5-0, five oh five oh), don't ya think?

Did exactly the job he is here for. I still cannot understand why anyone complained about his signing in the first place.

Archived