Semi critical Thread, (now you can choose not to read it if you might get angry!)

ronnieronalde

I'm far from convinced about our transfer dealings since the farce signing of Zak Whitbread.

If I'm allowed to post like this and then anyone want to discuss it without beliittling me and my every word, let me know.

In

Whitbread

Wisdom

Keane

Bamford

Dawkins

Thorne

LEE FRIGGING NAYLOR

Out

Jacobs

Freeman

Davies

Bennett

Who thinks we've got value for money from those signings, fees and/or wages?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisdom excellent.

Bamford critical goals.

Dawkins excellent and signed permanently.

Thorne, naylor, Keane and whitbread provide/provided ample cover.

Bennett needs game time.

Freeman needs game time.

Davies wouldn't get near this side.

Jacobs isn't as good as dawkins, Ward, Russell or Bamford. All that can play his position.

Decent work Mr McClaren.

I'm far from convinced about our transfer dealings since the farce signing of Zak Whitbread.

If I'm allowed to post like this and then anyone want to discuss it without beliittling me and my every word, let me know.

In

Whitbread

Wisdom

Keane

Bamford

Dawkins

Thorne

LEE FRIGGING NAYLOR

Out

Jacobs

Freeman

Davies

Bennett

Wisdom is quality. Dawkins is quality.

Keane and Thorne and Whitbread no game time due to form of Bucko etc etc so how can we judge

Bamford could score winning goal in playoffs from the bench.

Jacobs is a funny one Nigel and Steve didn't play him but he's doing ok by all accounts at Wolves so may have found his level

Bavies Div 1 is his level as it was with Notts.

Mason I'm not sure he will ever be good enough he has a hell of a lot to learn first touch is poor and goals seem to elude him. ie not a prolific goalscorer by any means.

lee Naylor has a track record so is good cover and more experienced than Freeman who still has a hell of a lot to learn.

We are 3rd in the league and I'm happy with our recent transfer dealings but I'm sure we will get some new faces next season whatever div we are in.

Steve may need a transfer window or two.

PS Doesn't make me angry how can anyone be angry we are 3rd in the League and for that I am happy.

In

Whitbread

Wisdom

Keane

Bamford

Dawkins

Thorne

LEE FRIGGING NAYLOR

Out

Jacobs

Freeman

Davies

Bennett

Why are you not convinced? Maybe if you explained why you aren't, you'll have a thread. All you have done is make a statement, not a topic for discussion.

Twitter post at best.

I have no issue with any of the signings. Maybe I would have liked to see Jacobs given more of a chance but there are better players ahead of him.

Freeman and Bennett will gain far more out on loan than being bench/squad players here.

Whitbread, Thorne are good cover to have and their importance may well tell before the end of the season. Keane wanted first team football, Bucko and Keogh kept him out, worth a go.

Lee Naylor is simply cover, a little more experience added to the squad.

For a long while this side has lacked decent cover, now we have options.

Why are you not convinced? Maybe if you explained why you aren't, you'll have a thread. All you have done is make a statement, not a topic for discussion.

Twitter post at best.

Just wanted to invite a discussion without  forcing my exact thoughts.

My opinion and I'm very glad you asked ;-)

Whitbread and Thorne have been a total waste so far. Keane wasn't exactly a roaring success either. Apart from one game, he was very poor in his spell with us. How much have we wasted signing midfield cover and two centre halfs on loan?

Whitbread has been a real disaster of a signing and I've got a feeling we're committed to keeping him.

Bamford has shown glimpses of brilliance, real flashes of quality, definitely not a bad signing at all but not what we realy needed.

Wisdom, in the majority of fthe games I've watched he's been very solid, in a couple of them he's been brilliant and in a couple more he's been awful. Good signing though, better than Smith or Freeman and plenty good enough to be our first choice

Dawkins, I think he's getting better but I stil get really frustrated with his final touch. Not a bad signing at all. Definitely worth the 250k.

Lee Naylor, no one can convince me that it's better for us to have him, a 33 year old who's harldy played for 4 years over young Kieron Freeman still with it all to prove. It's a really weird and poorly thouight out swtich. Surelyy Freeman has to be given a chance before someone like Lee Naylor?

I'm a bit worried about the lads he;s let go as well.

Jacobs might not have started many under Clough, but he was always in the squad and he got on the pitch fairly often. He's still only 22.

Bennett, I'd prefer to keep him around. He's still got that raw ability and teams don't know what to expect from him, HE could have been our wild card.

Wisdom, Bamford and Dawkins are pretty big positives but they're balanced out by  a couple of negatives, which is why I'm not convinced.

Whitbread - got injured when we need him. Fit when we don't. Not arsed either way

Wisdom - key signing. Brilliant loan. Sums up the great thing about loans. Getting players that are too good to sign.

Keane - didn't like him. Was a good signing on face value but not much good for us.

Bamford - again good at face value. Promising young Chelsea striker scoring for fun for MK

Dawkins - brilliant

Thorne - had chances to play him and hasn't. Not sure of the point

Lee Naylor - bit weird. He wants to go into coaching and we have no left back cover. Does seem a bit like a favour.

-------

Jacobs - Mac rated him and said he'd get a chance. Then sold him. He never really got a proper run and he looked like he deserved one

Freeman - With Wisdom in he's better off getting games

Davies - Not good enough. Good luck

Bennett - Shows glimpses but gets nervous when starting. Needs games asap to boost his self belief. As a sub he looks confident and eager to impress. As a starter he looks over eager.

Never really criticised Nigel's signings.

Every manager has flops.

Just wanted to invite a discussion without forcing my exact thoughts.

My opinion and I'm very glad you asked ;-)

Whitbread and Thorne have been a total waste so far. Keane was a real wasn't exactly a roaring success either. Apart from one game, he was very poor in his spell with us. How much have we wasted signing midfield cover and two centre halfs on loan?

Whitbread has been a real disaster of a signing and I've got a feeling we're committed to keeping him.

Bamford has shown glimpses of brilliance, real flashes of quality, definitely not a bad signing at all but not what we realy needed.

Wisdom, in the majority of fthe games I've watched he's been very solid, in a couple of them he's been brilliant and in a couple more he's been awful. Good signing though, better than Smith or Freeman and plenty good enough to be our first choice

Dawkins, I think he's getting better but I stil get really frustrated with his final touch. Not a bad signing at all. Definitely worth the 250k.

Lee Naylor, no once can convince me that it's better for us to have him, a 33 year old who's harldy played for 4 years over young Kieron Freeman still with it all to prove. It's a really weird and poorly thouight out swtich. Surelyy Freeman has to be given a chance before someone like Lee Naylor?

I'm a bit worried about the lads he;s let go as well.

Jacobs might not have started many under Clough, but he was always in the squad and he got on the pitch fairly often. He's still only 22.

Bennett, I'd prefer to keep him around. He's still got that raw ability and teams don't know what to expect from him, HE could have been our wild card.

Wisdom, Bamford and Dawkins are pretty big positives but they're balanced out by a couple of negatives, which is why I'm not convinced.

share your thoughts on Bennett, but do agree with the reasoning of loaning him out too, he needs game time. Think it will do him world of good playing a decent team in league 2.

As for bamford and wisdom. We would never been able to attract these lads on loan over the years, nice to have some added quality in the team. Dawkins is a very under rated player in my opinion. Would of loved to have heard and recognised him before he had his horrific injury. Reckon you would be talking a Andros Townsend/ox type of player.

With Jacobs. I think he probably needed another year at Northampton. He's at the perfect club now and I think he make it into a decent championship player. Not as good as what we've got now.

Naylor. You do echo my thoughts on that one.

Whit bread is decent cover if needed.

good post money at last not a problem forest still paying 40.ooo a week for greening

its a joy for all if he makes the bench

we now have brayford money and of course stadium name cash

greening was to bring skill n experience to their midfield

maclaren  believed this

whitbread bench

keane       bench

thorne        bench

naylar        bench a expensive bench this total time on field 380  minutes

dawkins squad player

banford   squad player

wisdom   fullback   loan player with view to permanent  deal  will the club pay

will he come  

conclusion transfer activity poor

no commanding centre half      dont forget  a big cry for this one

forward dont forget we needed a 20 plus striker

and their was a midfield stopper that was urgent 

none of these have been signed by the present regime

good post money at last not a problem forest still paying 40.ooo a week for greening

McClaren believed this

whitbread bench

keane bench

thorne bench

naylar bench a expensive bench this total time on field 380 minutes

dawkins squad player

banford squad player

wisdom fullback loan player with view to permanent deal will the club pay

will he come

no commanding centre half dont forget a big cry for this one

forward dont forget we needed a 20 plus striker

and their was a midfield stopper that was urgent

none of these have been signed by the present regime

the level of wummery you show on any thread is brilliant. Fair play

McClaren  believed this

whitbread bench

keane       bench

thorne        bench

naylar        bench a expensive bench this total time on field 380  minutes

dawkins squad player

banford   squad player

wisdom   fullback   loan player with view to permanent  deal  will the club pay

will he come