Semi critical Thread, (now you can choose not to read it if you might get angry!)

ronnieronalde

If you seriously think that Forest signed Greening on £40,000 a week, then you must be a red dog, Trevor. That's the kind of utter bullshit balloon-following tomfoolery they spout.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at this level, we have loaned many players that don't get on the pitch. I can only assume this thread is comparing the signings of McClaren and the manager before him.

I'm surprised that Thorne hasn't played, but some people moan about picking other team's players over developing our own. I think he's there as back-up for injury, and we've had plenty of these players over the last few years.

I don't think it's good or bad, more standard practice to have the bodies in for training. Naylor won't get a game here, but neither will Freeman, BUT Freeman needs game-time so it makes sense to let him go and learn his trade.

at this level, we have loaned many players that don't get on the pitch. I can only assume this thread is comparing the signings of McClaren and the manager before him.

I'm surprised that Thorne hasn't played, but some people moan about picking other team's players over developing our own. I think he's there as back-up for injury, and we've had plenty of these players over the last few years.

I don't think it's good or bad, more standard practice to have the bodies in for training. Naylor won't get a game here, but neither will Freeman, BUT Freeman needs game-time so it makes sense to let him go and learn his trade.

Trevor's on a roll, Mostyn, fresh from the success of those two garbage 'articles' on the DET site over the last couple of days. I seriously couldn't believe that there was more than one person more deluded and idiotic than me.

Oh, wait….

How much have we wasted signing midfield cover and two centre halfs on loan?

Not much I'd have thought, and they're here as cover, if they're not used then it means our first choice are doing well? (3rd in the league).

The alternative is to not have cover, and then when there's a problem trying to cover that position by taking players out of their natural position and hoping they can adapt to the new position, then bringing a similar inadequate player into their position (Sunday morning football).

good post money at last not a problem forest still paying 40.ooo a week for greening

its a joy for all if he makes the bench

we now have brayford money and of course stadium name cash

greening was to bring skill n experience to their midfield

McClaren  believed this

whitbread bench

keane       bench

thorne        bench

naylar        bench a expensive bench this total time on field 380  minutes

dawkins squad player

banford   squad player

wisdom   fullback   loan player with view to permanent  deal  will the club pay

will he come  

conclusion transfer activity poor

no commanding centre half      dont forget  a big cry for this one

forward dont forget we needed a 20 plus striker

and their was a midfield stopper that was urgent 

none of these have been signed by the present regime

Yeah it's awful, this time last year we were booking holidays for Whitsun, safe in the knowledge we wouldn't be worrying about the play offs.

What was the total cost of transfer fees for ALL of those creative wonders that he was unable to get the best of?

If the best the clough "haters" can do is throw up Maguire, Cywka, Martin and Pringle, pringle??? for gods sake man, pringle cost us a set of tracksuits and a bag of nuts.

You just make yourself look like a total clown.

At least your consistent Ronnie ;-)

Would you class yourself as a mclaren hater, or maybe in hindsight over protective of Clough or even just that opinions differ?

At least your consistent Ronnie ;-)

Would you class yourself as a mclaren hater, or maybe in hindsight over protective of Clough or even just that opinions differ?

See that's the thing that I'm not delighted about.

As SOON as I make a post it's either because I love Clough or I hate McClaren. Why can't it just be a post about a football squad.

I think I am slightly over protective of Clough by the way which is pretty darn stupid cos I think the lads probably big enough to look after himself and he probably cares less than I do that there are people with pure hatred for him.

The post I made yesterday was neither a mcclaren hate or a clough love, if you wanted to reallg dig for the sublte message, then I'm squarely pissed of at the Whitbread (especially) and the Thorn deal.

All along we were told Buxton and Keogh were'nt good enough and that was one of the biggst reasons Nige was sacked, cos he couldn't see that Bucko was going to take us down and it was only Sam and the fans who knew we needed a centre half to replace one or the other. Whitbread, Keane and Wisdom all came to replace them.

Now with that little snippet highlighted, was he right? Could we have better spent our money elsewhere?

As SOON as I make a post it's either because I love Clough or I hate McClaren. Why can't it just be a post about a football squad.

I think I am slightly over protective of Clough by the way which is pretty darn stupid cos I think the lads probably big enough to look after himself and he probably cares less than I do that there are people with pure hatred for him.

The post I made yesterday was neither a mcclaren hate or a clough love, if you wanted to reallg dig for the sublte message, then I'm squarely pissed of at the Whitbread (especially) and the Thorn deal.

All along we were told Buxton and Keogh were'nt good enough and that was one of the biggst reasons Nige was sacked, cos he couldn't see that Bucko was going to take us down and it was only Sam and the fans who knew we needed a centre half to replace one or the other. Whitbread, Keane and Wisdom all came to replace them.

Now with that little snippet highlighted, was he right? Could we have better spent our money elsewhere?

I don't think we were ever going down were we !

Yes Bucko in retrospect is a good signing by Cloughie and so is Keogh.

I was wrong about Buxton I hold my hands up on that and Clough was right.

At the end of the day Sam Rush and Derbys board made the decision to dispense with Cloughie I don't think for one minute they listened to us lot on here after a 5 year reign .

I am bitter by the way. I'm sorry if that upsets people but it's my nature. I get disappointed quite easily and it takes me a while to forgive.

If I hadn't have watched the Vicars and Rush show, I'd almost let it go.

Now it's a lovely Saturday morning, I'm getting nervous in the build up to Reading and I fancy a chat with football people!

Recruitment - if they'd only shut up about that part.

My gripe, as I've said all along is not with this current management team, or with this group of players. It's with the people who made the decision and who keep repeating that RECRUITMENT, relationships AND COACHING have all improved massively since they got the rid of the last guy.

Is the recruitment better now than it was before? Are we bringing in players that are better than the ones we have now? Forget that it's me who is asking the question, think it's one of the positive lads :-)

Honestly, I've softened a lot and need to give Rush some credit. He's brought in a very good backroom team, whether he knew McClaren was going to bring in Steele and Simpson, I don't know, but they ARE A VERY GOOD BACKROOM STAFF. particularly impressed with Simpson. Well done Sam, you managed to bring in 3 lads which the fans would have an affinity with straight away. Very Good job there.

I expect us to get to Wembley, I think McClaren has done a good job, I think he's the right man in the right place at the right time, but I still think they should tell Sam and John to shut about the recruitment.

How many players have they signed that have gone straight into the first team? How many players have they signed that have increased in value as an assett for the club?

I am bitter by the way. I'm sorry if that upsets people but it's my nature. I get disappointed quite easily and it takes me a while to forgive.

If I hadn't have watched the Vicars and Rush show, I'd almost let it go.

Now it's a lovely Saturday morning, I'm getting nervous in the build up to Reading and I fancy a chat with football people!

Recruitment - if they'd only shut up about that part.

My gripe, as I've said all along is not with this current management team, or with this group of players. It's with the people who made the decision and who keep repeating that RECRUITMENT, relationships AND COACHING have all improved massively since they got the rid of the last guy.

Is the recruitment better now than it was before? Are we bringing in players that are better than the ones we have now? Forget that it's me who is asking the question, think it's one of the positive lads :-)

Honestly, I've softened a lot and need to give Rush some credit. He's brought in a very good backroom team, whether he knew McClaren was going to bring in Steele and Simpson, I don't know, but they ARE A VERY GOOD BACKROOM STAFF. particularly impressed with Simpson. Well done Sam, you managed to bring in 3 lads which the fans would have an affinity with straight away. Very Good job there.

I expect us to get to Wembley, I think McClaren has done a good job, I think he's the right man in the right place at the right time, but I still think they should tell Sam and John to shut about the recruitment.

How many players have they signed that have gone straight into the first team? How many players have they signed that have increased in value as an assett for the club?

We are just fans and we have no say in club policy I'm sure of that .

Fans are mostly insignificant when it comes to managers and players decisions and certainly owners etc.

Try not to be bitter Nigel is doing ok and I don't think it helps him not letting it go.

He had 5 years at the Rams some good and some bad times as we all do.

PS I don't think recriminations on either side work.

In

Whitbread - the issue at the time was whether we did or did not need extra defensive cover.

The previous manager was reluctant to agree and this seems to have sparked the row that brought matters to a head.

Whitbread did well on his debut and then was injured.

He may or may not join us this summer.

As a permanent signing i'd put it in the same category as Anderson.

Can do a job when required, but Bucko's form might mean he doesn't come here permanently.

Either way, i'm not overly fussed.

Wisdom - Firstly, we should made a determined effort to keep brayford for at least another 12 months.

The move to cardiff made no sense to anyone and the problem was we didn't have a replacement lined up.

We wanted Freeman and A.N.Other.

Smith was ok going forwards but we suddenly seemed weak at the back.

Wisdom was a good short term fix to a problem of our own making.

He's solid at the back. Good going forward when he can be bothered.

The issue for me is that most of the time he can't be bothered.

Hopefully we didn't agree to sell hughes this summer, just to get 12 months from wisdom.

If we did then this was probably the most stupid and expensive loan of the lot.

Keane. Came in because keogh, whitbread and o'brien were injured.

Ok short term. Did well until Leicester away in which he was shambolic.

Bamford. Strange signing if we wanted a wide man.

Looks like a decent young central striker, but we only play 1 up front?

Can score goals, but is probably an impact sub rather than a first choice.

We lack a decent second striker and should really be looking to make a permanent signing.

Dawkins. Has done ok. Good value at 250k but can blow hot or cold.

Not as good as ward. Probably as good as Russell, maybe better.

Just a pity this came at the cost of selling jacobs.

I would like to have seen jacobs get a chance on the right.

Thorne. Loans for loans sake? Or did we think eustace was injured?

I would prefer bailey to be on the bench and get a chance.

Naylor. No.

This is definately in the james o'connor, lee hendrie, gareth roberts, darren currie category.

Ok its only short term but what message does this send to hoganson?

Out

Jacobs. Would like to have seem him get a chance

Freeman. Not bothered. Not a fan tbh.

Davies. Excellent servant in his brief tine, but its time to move on.

Bennett. Not bothered.

For he player who has a great record for england, he seems to be taking longer than expected to develop.

Still one for the future maybe.

This summer is when the transfers really matter and we want to be seeing the first results of hiring the rag tag selection of scouts.

I'm far from convinced about our transfer dealings since the farce signing of Zak Whitbread.

If I'm allowed to post like this and then anyone want to discuss it without beliittling me and my every word, let me know.

In

Whitbread

Wisdom

Keane

Bamford

Dawkins

Thorne

LEE FRIGGING NAYLOR

Out

Jacobs

Freeman

Davies

Bennett

Who thinks we've got value for money from those signings, fees and/or wages?

I think that he should only be judged on permanent signings and sales, 'cos at the end of the day, loaners are that, short term rentals who are not going to contribute to long term progress, yes the argument can be made that they facilitate movement to the next level that could not have been achieved otherwise, but the argument can just as easily be made that if they don't facilitate access to the next level, then they have actually been a hindrance to the long term plan.

So in terms of permanents the list looks quite a bit different

In

Dawkins: I think a good signing, clearly SMac knew him from previous encounters and identified a potential bargain, definite good signing for me

LEE FRIGGING NAYLOR: Not sure on this one as not seen him play, may be that bit of experience needed at the pointy end of the season if Forsyth gets injured, but agree with Ramnut as doesn't give Hoganson (and perhaps even Lowe) any confidence seeing some old has been come in ahead of them

Out

Jacobs: Not sure as he seems to be doing great on an extended run with Wolves. I think both Clough and Mac were almost but not quite convinced about him, and with Dawkins coming in was not going to get the chances here, so on reflection the correct decision.

So overall it could be said all he has really done transfer wise is Dawkins in and Jacobs out. The proof will be in the pudding if his use of the loan system has been beneficial to the long term success of the club or not...

Hence my post Ronnie, I'm just surprised that the signings you think are poor cost us nothing so to speak.

When questioning the signing of Pringle, the response they got was they were a total clown, but as they cost nothing, so by that logic are whitbread and Thorne that bad a signing ?

Thorne May well get his chance sat, and I'm off the opinion that any positive impact by any of the loan players between now and the end of the season would justify them being brought to derby. We need cover, if there not used good, it means we either have no injuries or poor form, but it would be criminal IMO to be caught short in any position at this time of the season.

Ronnie, I really don't understand what you're complaining about..

What exactly are you criticising? The recruitment?

I mean, how many players has Jose Mourinho brought in? Why did he sign Salah and Schurrle and not play them? Their problem area is their strikers, everyone knew about that... But Mourinho hasn't bought a new striker, he's stuck with what he has.

Their starting XI against Aston Villa consists of only two new players than the team that finished 3rd and miles behind 1st place last season... Yet, today, we also started with two new players in Wisdom and Dawkins.

Oh and Nige wasn't sacked because of Buxton and Keogh. He was sacked because for 5 years straight we lost more than we won and we never ever ever looked like becoming a top six side under him. 

good post money at last not a problem forest still paying 40.ooo a week for greening

its a joy for all if he makes the bench

we now have brayford money and of course stadium name cash

greening was to bring skill n experience to their midfield

McClaren believed this

whitbread bench

keane bench

thorne bench

naylar bench a expensive bench this total time on field 380 minutes

dawkins squad player

banford squad player

wisdom fullback loan player with view to permanent deal will the club pay

will he come

no commanding centre half dont forget a big cry for this one

forward dont forget we needed a 20 plus striker

and their was a midfield stopper that was urgent

none of these have been signed by the present regime

Can you use the word **** on this forum?

Archived