15 min interview with Sam Rush and John Vicars

curb

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alpha has absolutely nailed this thread. Although he could have saved himsen some typing.....

"Wankfest between two smarmy spin doctors" would have sufficed.

thats what sage put....near enough :-)

One thing that irked me a bit was how the claimed that "next year was always going to be THE year but it never came.". Apart from this season when was that ever claimed? We were always told that next year would be an improvement, never that we were going for the play offs.

Agreed. I get the impression that Sam Rush had no idea just the mess our club was in 3 or 4 years ago.

Considering the total overhaul that was done by the club under the previous regime, a major improvement in the league standing was near on impossible and the fans knew that and by and large were understanding of that.

To go on about how we weren't getting anywhere is quite frankly disrespectful.

The previous management really has done all if the spade work and Rush must be licking his lips at walking into a big club at such an opportunist time.

Alpha has absolutely nailed this thread. Although he could have saved himsen some typing.....

"Wankfest between two smarmy spin doctors" would have sufficed.

Sage nailed it better tbf.

I just can't stop myself when I get going. I don't want to blow my own trumpet but I'm kind of world class at moaning

Sage nailed it better tbf.

I just can't stop myself when I get going. I don't want to blow my own trumpet but I'm kind of world class at moaning

They don't need to blow there own trumpets either. Gibbo us doing it for them.

No, I think it's about everything. If there are digs, I reckon they're aimed at Glick as much as, if not more than Nigel.

But for me, the whole video is propaganda, positive propaganda, but you physically cannot big up the present without somehow, by default, referring to the previous/past that you're suggesting you've improved upon.

It's aimed a 'feelgood', it's aimed at showing fans that they are important. It's nothing to do with Nigel Clough really. It's a "look at us, we are brilliant, give us more money so we can be more brilliant, oh... this is why we think we're brilliant"

I must say when I watched it I didnt at all think they referred to glick,

or get this was anything else than them blowing there own trumpet or trying to create a divide between THEM (and all of the crap seasons) and US (the last 6 months)

Just spin doctors spinning their thread.

Personally I think they were a painting a black picture of the past to make their efforts look rosier without being too specific.

They'd both make great politicians; I think it takes great skill and verbal dexterity to waffle on for 15 minutes and not actually say anything at all, then again they probably wrote the questions for Colin Gibson to ask them.

Am I the only one who thought they meant Jewell when they talked of bad spending?

Not sure how people could think NC wasted much money while he was here (apart from a certain group of posters of course).

Yeah, I thought they meant Jewell too.

Am I the only one who thought they meant Jewell when they talked of bad spending?

Not sure how people could think NC wasted much money while he was here (apart from a certain group of posters of course).

It seemed to me that they were afraid to mention the "C" word so went around the houses. When you have professional spinners at work, they leave out much of the detail to ensure that nothing can be attributed to them at a later stage. I think they meant NC personally. Very strange timing..............

Amidst the self congratulation and finger pointing, I sensed a bit of negativity/lowering expectations. Lots of talk of we'd have took losing in the play offs at the start of the season. 

That I dont disagree with, unforunatley we are now part of a PR machine that once was Derby County, season ticket renewal is around the corner, and previously we would have been talking about Glicks latest "spin", and several threads on how many players do we need.

Come the summer and if we arent promoted (not going to happen I know), it will be interesting to see if we get any investment, or we have to do with the, what we got is enough approach.  What they have done now, is set a level for themselves, if they fall below that who do they blame? 

The thought of Jewell never crossed my mind (maybe in my desperation to erase his ever involvement in this club) but it could well have been him.

The thought of Jewell never crossed my mind (maybe in my desperation to erase his ever involvement in this club) but it could well have been him.

They were talking about the past 6 years and the waste of parachute payments. I would say that very much puts Jewell in the frame and the majority of the criticism of the previous management seems to be directed at him.

Jewell was our manager 6 years ago and he probably spent as much on transfer fees, and certainly handed out higher wages, than Clough in his entire time at Derby.

moan, moan, moan , moan, moan!!!! the club are trying to keep the fans informed, they are using the power of you tube to do this. If  your not interested in it don't watch it, simple!!

Some of us enjoy what the club are trying to do. Some of the videos don't come across well, but the most do. The next video will include every single goal scored against the red dogs in the last 30 years. Just to see how many people complain about Derby digging up the past again

Archived