15 min interview with Sam Rush and John Vicars

curb

WHAT? Clough's name was NOT mentioned once in that whole clip.

You mention you don't like the McClaren v Clough thing, but YOU are the one taking compliments to McClaren as digs at Clough.

Fact is, the club decided things weren't good enough in key areas, and Clough was not willing to be part of the solution. Relationships (with other clubs/managers), Coaching and Recruitment were all highlighted and addressed and rightly so.

Get over it.

Over half the video is talking about previous management of the last 6 years and how we were losing fans and not spending money wisely after parachute payments.

Do you think they mean John Gregory?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a complete and utter load of ****, nothing new

we are amazing, all the past is cloughs fault,

Mostyn before you start they dont mention his name but there is an awful lot of references to him.

Its like they are saying dont judge us on the past because that is solely cloughs fault, but all this success is now due to us..

Can I just ask was john vicars around in an official capacity before this ownership group, as in was he part of signing off deals pre gse??

That's right observer. They talk about all the failing in recent years and since they've been at the club but they don't mean Clough?!?!

I've got not problem with what they've done. Don't need a 15min video 6 months later where they w@nk each other off for making a good decision. McClaren and Co have done the work. They're running the football. And last I checked football was about football

Over half the video is talking about previous management of the last 6 years and how we were losing fans and not spending money wisely after parachute payments.

As far as I am aware Nigel Clough was honest and hard working and once the decision had been made he seemed to leave in the right manner. I think that Sam Rush and John Vicars could have come over in a far more dignified and professional manner than they did. I like the idea of the interview but a poor show by them.

**** me backwards. I know I've contributed my fair share of ****** on this non issue ( well probably a lot ) but I do think people read too much into what they say! Facts are facts, we are moving in the right direction on the field as well as off. Clough did ok whilst here without pulling up any roots.

We could argue until we are blue in the face if we thought Clough would have got them up to third. Reality is it's Mac whose doing it with his team of coaches etc.

As Bris said on an earlier thread somewhere. There wouldn't be a outpouring of sentiments if his surname was different.

This is my last post mentioning Cloughs name as it belongs in history and not the future.

Don't go down the route of the red dogs and keep talking about history. It's the red dogs forte is that.

My take on it is that it was a very tough decision to make, despite it being vindicated people are still harping on about it, imagine the outcry if it had gone wrong. IMO they deserve to slap each other on the back.

Everything they say in there is true, we were going nowhere, the whole club was mired in mediocrity, something had to be done.

The timing of it coming after the Forest match might not have been ideal (although the timing of it in the context of the season was spot on), but sometimes that's what happens when a big decision is made, it would have been building up for months and then on a day like that is when you finally make the decision that enough is enough. My decision day had come a long time before.

The Burnley match on Saturday made me realise the difference in the last few months, yes we lost, but there was a passion there from everyone, the fans, the players, management, that game MATTERED to us all, something we've not been able to say for years.

**** me backwards. I know I've contributed my fair share of ****** on this non issue ( well probably a lot ) but I do think people read too much into what they say! Facts are facts, we are moving in the right direction on the field as well as off. Clough did ok whilst here without pulling up any roots.

We could argue until we are blue in the face if we thought Clough would have got them up to third. Reality is it's Mac whose doing it with his team of coaches etc.

As Bris said on an earlier thread somewhere. There wouldn't be a outpouring of sentiments if his surname was different.

This is my last post mentioning Cloughs name as it belongs in history and not the future.

Don't go down the route of the red dogs and keep talking about history. It's the red dogs forte is that.

I haven't posted here talking about the merits of Clough.

What's the point of the interview?

What's is that video about?

You don't see me going on about the past.

I didnt feel the need to do a 15 minute interview. I don't make Clough threads, I don't take part in the threads yet mostyn tells me I'm making it about Clough v McClaren?

I'm sick of hearing about him. Even if these two didn't mention his name they still went on enough like a pair of nattering housewives.

"No, you're the best"

"No, you are"

"No, YOU are"

No, McClaren's team is. The majority of the 15 minutes is talking about what happened in the last 6 years. I know. I was there. Now can we stop this **** and enjoy what actually happening.

Dunno if I can watch the second part. Is it more bitching and sword swallowing?

again I don't want people to think I'm against anything they've done. I just think its sad that they've done an interview congratulating themselves 5 months later for the work McClaren and Co (yes, McClaren and Co) have done.

Like I say, we know what happened in the last 6 years. We were there. Go shag a mirror.

Oh so anything factual is classed as a dig then? 

Nothing to do with clough or mcclaren as far as i'm concerned.

Its the puke-inducing way they rate themselves and each other.

The way they attempt to write their own history.

The way Sham says that by coming from outside he was more objective than us lot.

Oh its no good.....i'm going to chuck.

Wtf does john vicars actually do by the way?

I haven't posted here talking about the merits of Clough.

What's the point of the interview?

What's is that video about?

You don't see me going on about the past.

I didnt feel the need to do a 15 minute interview. I don't make Clough threads, I don't take part in the threads yet mostyn tells me I'm making it about Clough v McClaren?

I'm sick of hearing about him. Even if these two didn't mention his name they still went on enough like a pair of nattering housewives.

"No, you're the best"

"No, you are"

"No, YOU are"

No, McClaren's team is. The majority of the 15 minutes is talking about what happened in the last 6 years. I know. I was there. Now can we stop this **** and enjoy what actually happening.

Dunno if I can watch the second part. Is it more bitching and sword swallowing?

Ive given up talking about it for lent. :lol:

Oh so anything factual is classed as a dig then?

So it is about Clough then?

A minute ago they didn't mention his name.

So back to my original point. Why keep going on about him? What's the point of the interview? It was all 5months to 6 years ago. Why start jerking each other off over it?

Making a video 5 months later talking about how money wasn't spent wisely, how crowds were failing, how our avg position was 15th.

We were there ffs!!

No need for it. We're third!! Look ahead instead of dragging us back to the past to congratulate you.

WELL DONE SAM AND JOHN. BFF <3 xx

Oh yeah, McClaren has done alright too.

I helped my missus sister move house on Monday. Might take credit for building the place if it looks nice in 5 months. Or I could just accept her thanks and get on with my job.

Wtf does john vicars actually do by the way?

I think you could make DCFCFans Chief Executive of Operations and Administration For Football Accountability.

Basically he's Sam's mate and told him what he saw once?

Why shouldn't we discuss it?

The discussions about Jewell's failings rumbled on for years afterwards.

Just because his names Clough means its somehow disloyal to say he was a very average manager who couldn't take us to the next level?

I like that the club are tying to be more involved with the fans, all this interaction is good.There is no doubt in my mind that the current owners have done well for the club. The idea for these videos is a nice one but I think they have missed an opportunity by being a little petty about the past and I come away not really knowing what the point was or who it was aimed at.

The club are in a great position. We know that. I get the feeling the owners and clearly Sam and John don't feel they are getting the plaudits for what has been done. I am certain had McClaren not proved an instant success, the board would be on the receiving end of a lot of flak, so you could argue where is the praise for them as it is going well? Which then brings in, would you rather they worked silently in the background? If things are going great on the pitch, the manager/players get the praise, if it is all going *****, the manager and/or board take the heat, just how football is.

By nature we are miserable and cynical folk.

One thing that irked me a bit was how the claimed that "next year was always going to be THE year but it never came.". Apart from this season when was that ever claimed? We were always told that next year would be an improvement, never that we were going for the play offs.

One thing that irked me a bit was how the claimed that "next year was always going to be THE year but it never came.". Apart from this season when was that ever claimed? We were always told that next year would be an improvement, never that we were going for the play offs.

You're joking?

Tom Glick said every season we were aiming for top 6

People seem to get p!ssed off at some trivial stuff on here.

If you like this stuff, Watch it. If you don't, Don't.

As long as it doesn't alter the results on the pitch and cost us 3 points, I couldn't give a ****.

Didnt know what it was about until I watched it. Was waiting for it to perhaps move into plans for the future.

Anybody reading my posts thinking I'm all up in arms... well, if you do read my posts in the past you'll notice I'm a moody fecker that's up and down like a yoyo. I don't mean to rant i just start off and motor away.

So er, yeah. Just turn the volume down and be grateful you're not married to me.

Archived