15 min interview with Sam Rush and John Vicars

curb

Just watched it.

Don't think Nigel Clough would like it.

Don't think I like it to be honest. A few needless pops and digs.

Not saying I'm dead against them. I'm not against them at all. They've brought enjoyment back. Brave decision that's worked out.

Just think its two mates blowing each others trumpets. A few unnecessary digs at Clough and almost what seems like taking more credit than due for what McClaren has done.

I want to say,

I don't mind Rush

I don't know much about Vicars and I'm not fussed

I like Clough

I like McClaren

I've got no agenda. I don't see it as Clough v McClaren.

I know how boring things were getting and how exciting it is now.

I just thought some if it lacked class. Like Loose Women on ITV. Bezzie mates sat around a table nattering on.

Clough brought those players through. Bought most of them in. He couldn't unlock the door. McClaren has.

I don't see why it has to be bitter. And as far as I know the real men behind this excitement are Steve McClaren, Paul Simpson and Eric Steele. They've made the big strides.

Maybe it's just the average joe in me but 'suits' annoy me sometimes. Like now.

I don't really enjoy reading about Clough v McClaren. I don't really want to watch it either.

Let

It

Go.

Spot on

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it is about Clough then?

A minute ago they didn't mention his name.

So back to my original point. Why keep going on about him? What's the point of the interview? It was all 5months to 6 years ago. Why start jerking each other off over it?

Making a video 5 months later talking about how money wasn't spent wisely, how crowds were failing, how our avg position was 15th.

We were there ffs!!

No need for it. We're third!! Look ahead instead of dragging us back to the past to congratulate you.

WELL DONE SAM AND JOHN. BFF <3 xx

Oh yeah, McClaren has done alright too.

I helped my missus sister move house on Monday. Might take credit for building the place if it looks nice in 5 months. Or I could just accept her thanks and get on with my job.

No, I think it's about everything. If there are digs, I reckon they're aimed at Glick as much as, if not more than Nigel.

But for me, the whole video is propaganda, positive propaganda, but you physically cannot big up the present without somehow, by default, referring to the previous/past that you're suggesting you've improved upon.

It's aimed a 'feelgood', it's aimed at showing fans that they are important. It's nothing to do with Nigel Clough really. It's a "look at us, we are brilliant, give us more money so we can be more brilliant, oh... this is why we think we're brilliant"

let it go briliant

been here 14 months got it sorted if not doing well sack manager

convince supporters the board has spent millions BUT the money has been wasted

by bad decisions

can only assume by glick n clough not of course mr vicars not rush spending very

small for a premier league push

in his time at this club he seems responsible for nowt

so rush had got his tool

now to the easy bit TAKEOVER

the current manager has got a good quad going for a top finish 8th to playoffs

so a top coach needed mr rush could manage

so control the media bring in a top radio derby presenter to sort out any media

problems

this interview looks stage managed to me one sided and most will take it for

what it is BULL

concern for the ming dynasty was mr rush a players agent not the most popular

people in football

Very staged and full of digs about previously poor use if funds.

Who found the majority if this squad? How many players brought in since the change from he who must not be named? Dawkins, Whitbread, Bamford and now im struggling. Don't count Keane because we were linked with him before the sackings (unless that was a Maclaren find waiting fir the right time to sack Clough after teeing up Maclaren.)

In other words this fantastic promotion pushing squad was primarily put together by people not spending money wisely.

Who found the majority if this squad? How many players brought in since the change from he who must not be named? Dawkins, Whitbread, Bamford and now im struggling. Don't count Keane because we were linked with him before the sackings (unless that was a McClaren find waiting fir the right time to sack Clough after teeing up McClaren.)

In other words this fantastic promotion pushing squad was primarily put together by people not spending money wisely.

Wisdom.

Who found the majority if this squad? How many players brought in since the change from he who must not be named? Dawkins, Whitbread, Bamford and now im struggling. Don't count Keane because we were linked with him before the sackings (unless that was a McClaren find waiting fir the right time to sack Clough after teeing up McClaren.)

Or a manager who gets the best out of players, you dont need to be the best players in this league to get out of it, what you do need is a team that is well organised and a manager that knows how to win more than losing.

you have named three players that equates to over 20% of the staff, add in hughes and hendrick thats nearly half of the team that no money was spent on by the previous regime.

We have spunked over 50m over the past 5 years, and never finished higher than 10th, so maybe they have a point.

Or maybe they dont and im lost in the world where every time something good comes out the club its always come backs to clough building this great promotion squad and tend to defend something that isnt there.

Maybe if we get promotion we can all move on.

Or a manager who gets the best out of players, you dont need to be the best players in this league to get out of it, what you do need is a team that is well organised and a manager that knows how to win more than losing.

you have named three players that equates to over 20% of the staff, add in hughes and hendrick thats nearly half of the team that no money was spent on by the previous regime.

We have spunked over 50m over the past 5 years, and never finished higher than 10th, so maybe they have a point.

Or maybe they dont and im lost in the world where every time something good comes out the club its always come backs to clough building this great promotion squad and tend to defend something that isnt there.

Maybe if we get promotion we can all move on.

You lick out three players is over 20% of the staff? Last time I looked we had more than 10 players in the squad.

I never mentioned anything about getting the best out of players because neither did Rudh or Vicars. It was all about spending poorly. I argue that if the players can perform as they are now then spending wasn't poor which was their argument.

You lick out three players is over 20% of the staff? Last time I looked we had more than 10 players in the squad.

I never mentioned anything about getting the best out of players because neither did Rudh or Vicars. It was all about spending poorly. I argue that if the players can perform as they are now then spending wasn't poor which was their argument.

I was talking about the a team of 11, but ok lets talk the squad and based on sats team, that was 5 out of 18? So therefore over 25%?

I thought they were talking about the spending over the past years, not just this squad, or have I misunderstood ?

I believe and correct me if im wrong, have only sold 1 player for a profit during the past 4 years, granted we have bryson, ward and buxton who would increase that figure but over 4 years there has been a lot of outgoings and not much incomings.

I was talking about the a team of 11, but ok lets talk the squad and based on sats team, that was 5 out of 18? So therefore over 25%?

I thought they were talking about the spending over the past years, not just this squad, or have I misunderstood ?

I believe and correct me if im wrong, have only sold 1 player for a profit during the past 4 years, granted we have bryson, ward and Buxton who would increase that figure but over 4 years there has been a lot of outgoings and not much incomings.

we dint know about profits because fees are undisclosed.

The current squad has been collected over a few years and those that left were here to fill gaps and keep us up while other players were found to improve. This squad didn't assemble over one summer.

How many players were sold for a loss? How many players left when contracts weren't extended.

we dint know about profits because fees are undisclosed.

The current squad has been collected over a few years and those that left were here to fill gaps and keep us up while other players were found to improve. This squad didn't assemble over one summer.

How many players were sold for a loss? How many players left when contracts weren't extended.

Maybe we will have to agree to differ, I see a team that started sat that had grant, wisdom, forstyh, eustace, dawkins, martin, russell, that havent been at the club for much over a year, two of the others came through the ranks, and that leaves the two CB's that have been here a length of time.

Imo our turnover of players would have continued had he continued to manage without any improvement in our league position.

Having said all that, he did bring and leaves us with some good players, but as you say the figures are undisclosed so maybe they have a point ;-)

Maybe we will have to agree to differ, I see a team that started sat that had grant, wisdom, forstyh, eustace, dawkins, martin, russell, that havent been at the club for much over a year, two of the others came through the ranks, and that leaves the two CB's that have been here a length of time.

Imo our turnover of players would have continued had he continued to manage without any improvement in our league position.

Having said all that, he did bring and leaves us with some good players, but as you say the figures are undisclosed so maybe they have a point ;-)

Conveniently missing Bryson, Ward who have been here a while

I'm not sure why there's such a thing made about the squad inherited/left.

Nobody pays too much attention to the squad Clough inherited, even though the majority of his time as manager here involved players he inherited.

Every manager leaves some good players behind.

Oh so anything factual is classed as a dig then? 

mostyn,

come on I had more respect for you than a response like that,

The reason that video annoys me is its like they are trying to offload all of the crap performances on one person

I am not a clough supporter, I think he was passionate about the club but thats about it, I dont have the same ties that alot of you on here have in history, but there has to be some form of respect.......

Its like they are saying that single handedly clough kept us in mediocrity and didnt want much else and must be the only manager in the world that didnt want more money / better players for a club he loved.

everyone knows we needed to change and thankfully that change has worked but that foundation wouldnt have been there if it wasnt for clough, no matter what anyone says thats a fact, his time was done here but I would like to think that if clough walked into a pub I would buy him a pint.....

I just dont like the way that John Vicars is using this current success to try and offload all of the past crap onto nigel clough, if he had no influence or control over the past 10 years then what exactly does he do!!!!

have a bit of respect for yourself and the club and dont act like a little girl trying to point score...

Last time I checked clough hasnt said anything about the club in a bad name,

Whenever it suits them

we are told well get behind the manager its not his fault, oh it is his fault because its not ours.

it just strikes me as very tit for tat

Why do they need to do these interviews. The pub tour was good and now the football is doing the talking.

didnt you hear its about maintaining contact and communication with the fans, also referred to as talking ****

They can post as much crap content like this as they like, i dont see why they constantly mess about they should just do a special shirt with horan on the back and give a squad number and let that bankroll a few new players

Leeds Ram,

Even if they do have a point

Even if we all agreed that Clough was poor and the majority wanted him gone...

Why 5 months later do they feel the need to produce this? Ego stroking. Look how right we are!

C'mon, what's that about? They didn't get us to 3rd. McClaren did. I recognise that Rush made the change. So do you. So does McClaren and my dog and your cat.

5 months later do we need to watch them have digs at a previous manager?

It doesn't make me angry with Rush. I don't dislike the guy. I'm not that arsed either way about him. I don't care how Sheff United do at all.

Just think its sad. It's proper self indulgent.

Fans were leaving

Wasting money

The tea lady even started giving a drop of brandy to help ease the pain

Yes. Thanks for letting us all know what the recent years have been like.

Here we are, enjoying a promotion battle and what we really wanted to know is how awesome Rush is and Sheffield United's manager isn't.

mostyn,

come on I had more respect for you than a response like that,

The reason that video annoys me is its like they are trying to offload all of the crap performances on one person

I am not a clough supporter, I think he was passionate about the club but thats about it, I dont have the same ties that alot of you on here have in history, but there has to be some form of respect.......

Its like they are saying that single handedly clough kept us in mediocrity and didnt want much else and must be the only manager in the world that didnt want more money / better players for a club he loved.

everyone knows we needed to change and thankfully that change has worked but that foundation wouldnt have been there if it wasnt for clough, no matter what anyone says thats a fact, his time was done here but I would like to think that if clough walked into a pub I would buy him a pint.....

I just dont like the way that John Vicars is using this current success to try and offload all of the past crap onto nigel clough, if he had no influence or control over the past 10 years then what exactly does he do!!!!

have a bit of respect for yourself and the club and dont act like a little girl trying to point score...

Last time I checked clough hasnt said anything about the club in a bad name,

Whenever it suits them

we are told well get behind the manager its not his fault, oh it is his fault because its not ours.

it just strikes me as very tit for tat

see my comment of 7:18pm

Archived