Bamford? or Sammon? Up front v Millwall?

Mostyn6

Martin's deputy.  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tis a tricky one. We don't really have a direct replacement for Martin. Sammon has the physicality but no touch, Bamford has the touch but will be bullied by Millwall's hairy arsed centre backs. For those reasons I say stick Mason as the focal point with Ward and Russell as the wide men.

so in summary, people still want effort over results?

WOW, I'd hoped we'd shaken off this mentality now we've changed manager. I'm shocked! At a point in our season where we need results, people want someone who barely influences a result!

AMAZING!!

I've gone for a bit of a weird one and said Russell. He still reckons he's a Striker and will be desperate to get into that role now, I think. Personally I believe we'll be winning either way but i'd be extremely interested to see what would happen if we went with

Dawkins  Russell  Ward

Would 3 speedy little guys help our style or change it slightly for the better? 

On the other hand, I may just be trying to be different in a desperate cry for attention.

4-4-2           Russell       Bamford 

Dawkins      Hughes       Bryson      Ward

Forsyth       Buckenbauer   Keogh    Wisdom 

Grant

Russells pace and Bamfords skill should go together well?

PistoldPete2

Forgot to say... not to replace Bamford, to join Bamford.

Well yes I would start with both, but if only one I would start with sammon.

I voted Sammon.

But it's not a bad list of options.

I went for him because I think;

A) he's the best option

B) bamford has goals in him, but what I've seen of him he's always too lightweight and we need someone to be strong up front for our mids to run off

C) I've always felt a bit sorry for Sammon. Seems like he's always been negatively treated (especially by some on here) and I've always thought him to be a good player. Not amazing, but never as bad as some say.

D)He deserves a start

And erm......

14) doesn't matter who starts really. If it's not working, SMc has proven time and time again that he can shake things up at any point in a game to get a result (or at least an improved performance)

so in summary, people still want effort over results?

WOW, I'd hoped we'd shaken off this mentality now we've changed manager. I'm shocked! At a point in our season where we need results, people want someone who barely influences a result!

AMAZING!!

Not sure it's as straight forward as your summary suggests.

You could argue that it's not always the strikers who are getting our goals - indeed does it really matter.

I suspect connor will start mainly as a foil for the rest of our team rather than for his goal threat (or otherwise)

Also as an aside: how many 'winners' have the fish and bam bam got each?

(Good thread btw)

Think Bamford would be better up top but I reckon Sammon will get the nod. He's worked his socks off every time he's come off the bench and I think Mac will want to reward that.

Russell's not even an option for me. His natural position is exactly where he plays now (right side of a front three). He had all of his joy at Dundee United in that role.

sammon bamford

ward Hughes bryson dawkins

Forsyth keogh bucko wisdom

id go with that against millwall if it was me personally all out attack!

I'd select a goalie as well.

The forward thing is an awkward one. Sammon has to start as the target man. Dawkins and in particular Johnny were really disapointing yesterday. Personally I would play Eustace, Hughes, Bryson, Ward, Bamford, Sammon in front of the back 4.

Archived