Bamford? or Sammon? Up front v Millwall?

Mostyn6

Martin's deputy.  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends, if we want to play in a similar vein that we do with Martin on - has to be Sammon imo. He's been much improved since last season, first touch is so much better. 

I'd like to see something different though..

Bamford            Russell

Ward

Hughes               Bryson

Eustace

Forsyth    Bucko     Keogh     Wisdom

Grant

Well listening to RD this morning they were pushing the idea that Sammon was going to get the nod.  Although in the interview with Simpson he just spoke generally that whoever it is gets a chance to impress.

Sammon

Russell                                                                       Bamford

Bryson                 Hughes

Forsyth                Bucko                 Keogh                   Wisdom

Grant 

My only concern would be getting bullied in midfield. 

Sammon

Russell                                                                       Bamford

Grant 

Stick another one in then!!!!!

Sammon

Grant 

10 MEN! We only need 10 men!

Sammon

Grant 

We can count on you.

Which is more than you can.

Fwiw, with it being Millwall and Ian Holloway i think the Fish, Dawks and Russell would be the best option to start as it will be physical. Let them lead a merry dance for an hour to soften em up then let Bambam and/or Mason run at tiring defenders....plus, its got the added bonus of annoying mostyn  :lol:  :D

This is such a blinkered view mostyn and I usually respect your posts and enjoy reading them. If you believe Bamford is better then that's fine - if you believe he should play that's also fine. What isn't fine is you questioning the mentality of fans who disagree with you - that isn't okay.

Bamford offers goals but he's not GUARANTEED to score which makes it a tough call. Even so I'm certain McClaren will edge towards Sammon though it wouldn't surprise me if he goes for something none of us have suggested!

So I may I suggest that McClaren is thinking about selecting Mostyn!!!! The lad knows everthing about football and he knows where the goals are......Go on son get your boots washed and be ready for that call up.....Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooal !!!!

you may jest Inverurie, but I would be confident that technically (yes Technically), I am a better finisher than Connor Sammon.

Sadly, I'm fatter, massively unfit, and too old.

If Sammon had my technical ability, he'd be awesome! :ph34r:

I wasn't jesting Mostyn....I was being serious. I also think I'm a better finisher than Connor and I'm sure we are not the only ones.

I was just suggesting something that none of us have suggested yet as per IIsonDerby's post I've quoted above. 

Unfortunately Connor will be above you and I in the pecking order for Saturday.

Connor should have scored against Burnley, perfect cross, but the target man didn't anticipate like all good finishers do, by putting himself in the area, where the ball is likely to go. He didn't even slide or dive to try and get there. I'm not slagging Connor off, he just isn't clinical, more like lucky, see Boro at home game and probably many others. 

I personally would opt for anyone in the poll on this thread, in front of Connor. He had loads of opportunities under Nigel Clough and he didn't take them, and just because he's a good pro, squad player that means nothing to me, it's his job. If he can't finish and he plays up front, well I'm afraid that's not good enough for my eyes. And I totally agree with you we are at the stage of the season, where we need to take the 3 points, and I personally think all other options have to be tried before we opt for bringing on Connor, where we might get lucky from Connor's unknown magic.

I wasn't jesting Mostyn....I was being serious. I also think I'm a better finisher than Connor and I'm sure we are not the only ones.

I was just suggesting something that none of us have suggested yet as per IIsonDerby's post I've quoted above. 

Connor should have scored against Burnley, perfect cross, but the target man didn't anticipate like all good finishers do, by putting himself in the area, where the ball is likely to go. He didn't even slide or dive to try and get there. I'm not slagging Connor off, he just isn't clinical, more like lucky, see Boro at home game and probably many others. 

I personally would opt for anyone in the poll on this thread, in front of Connor. He had loads of opportunities under Nigel Clough and he didn't take them, and just because he's a good pro, squad player that means nothing to me, it's his job. If he can't finish and he plays up front, well I'm afraid that's not good enough for my eyes. And I totally agree with you we are at the stage of the season, where we need to take the 3 points, and I personally think all other options have to be tried before we opt for bringing on Connor, where we might get lucky from Connor's unknown magic.

pretty much in total agreement. Very rarely notice your posts on football, sorry, but this one is very well put across, and if my opinion was different, I'd have to sit back and think "maybe that lyrical genius knows his footy too!"

Yeah, but when he does score it's proper mental and funny (Burton pre-season anyone?)

Archived