Chris Martin

Duracell

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must just be me. But the player makes contact and Martin thinks ooooo I can go over here and does so. To me is was for all you old ones just like watching john Robertson lol.

Have you ever put all your weight down on the side of your foot?

I have it ****** hurts for months.

I can see why Chris wasn't too keen

I have watched the tackle several times and it was def a foul, think it was Marney who caught his boot

and his legs went away - to then accuse him of letting us down is ridiculous.

I notice that Marney was looking SHEEPISH while discussing it with Martin right afterwards, that

said everything in my opinion.

One involves contact, one does not.

Agreed on there being a difference.

I'm okay with Martin going down a little bit easily (if there is solid, clear contact and it's the only option available) but diving is out of order.

I wonder whether McClaren sent the players out with specific instructions to match Burnley physically.

If so, it backfired badly and the second half performance showed what could have been achieved with 11 men stretching Burnley with superior passing ability.

Burnley are probably stronger and fitter than Derby but not as good technically. I say always play to your strengths.

I wonder whether McClaren sent the players out with specific instructions to match Burnley physically.

If so, it backfired badly and the second half performance showed what could have been achieved with 11 men stretching Burnley with superior passing ability.

Burnley are probably stronger and fitter than Derby but not as good technically. I say always play to your strengths.

If we hadn't have matched them physically in the first half we'd have got rolled over like Forest did.

Don't agree about being rolled over. Derby have the better technical players (Hughes and Bryson) and could have out-passed Burnley instead of trying to intimidate them.

Shackell and Trippier were targeted for some rough stuff but neither of these two are a shrinking violet and a physical tussle is right up their street.

Shackell v Martin - there was only going to be one winner in the temparement stakes.

tbh curb I think our fans are quite harsh on all our players individually.

Don't you think it's pretty difficult to pick PotY for the right reasons right now?

Grant has won us points and commands his box now

Wisdom has shown on more occasions than you can count how classy he can be under pressure.

Buxton has been excellent

Keogh picked up massively considering the start!

Forsyth one of our best attackers. His crossing has created plenty

Eustace has come into the starting 11 and has given Bryson a new freedom

Hughes is Hughes. Classy. Intelligent.

Bryson, who knew he had it in him?

Dawkins, who? A nobody turned classy technical good hold up flair player

Ward has had patchy form. Still has contributed and been part of our best performances

Russell has had a disrupted season but really showing what we can look forward to with his directness

Martin, let us down? With near on 20 goals and the man who has given all those wingers and 2 midfield players something to work with. Who else would do this? Can you see Bamford doing the ugly stuff? Can you see Sammon netting 17/18 times?

But then the likes of Sammon and Bamford have given us the boost when we've needed it. An injection of urgency or a goal from nothing.

I don't understand why there are so many calls for McClaren to rip the team sheet up. They've got us 3rd. We were never going to make the Play Offs. Then we were happy with the play offs but were never going to get automatic. Now we're upset because we lost a big game for an automatic promotion spot.

An automatic promotion spot!!!

Incredible runs put together by 13,14 players playing and TRYING to play ambitious, fast football on the floor.

"Let us down"?? They've earned the right to let us down on occasion

I love this post, I'd like it twice if I could :) its like one of b4's Churchill posts only not quite as good hahaha

The worry is will the sending-off affect CM's approach when he comes back on Tuesday?

I hope he does not lose any aggression because he thinks referees are making him a marked man for every minor transgression like at Burnley.

If he holds back from any challenge it will have a negative impact on SM's gameplan.

Interestingly, the rules don't actually require contact to be made for something to be a foul. An dangerous tackle can be called a foul whether contact is made or not. Catching the ball with a tackle also doesn't just make it legal, if the tackle is deemed dangerous it doesn't matter what the player gets first, it is still a foul.

One of the great issues with the laws of the game at the moment is how fouls are still called though. Referees tend to rely too heavily on reaction and not enough on watching the challenges themselves. If the referee were able to keep as close an eye as possible on the tackles themselves, how the tackled player reacts should be irrelevant.

We need TV replays, it won't slow the game down because the game would have already been stopped, if a ref misses a foul then the TV ref can signal and the game is stopped and free kick given if it gives advantage, if not the player is spoken too or booked at a point when the ball is dead.

There is as many stop starts in a football match as there are in a rugby game. So ruining the flow of the game arguement is flawed.

We need TV replays, it won't slow the game down because the game would have already been stopped, if a ref misses a foul then the TV ref can signal and the game is stopped and free kick given if it gives advantage, if not the player is spoken too or booked at a point when the ball is dead.

There is as many stop starts in a football match as there are in a rugby game. So ruining the flow of the game arguement is flawed.

Not going to be possible - how many cameras (and therefore camera operators) would you require, and how many different angles? It's only something that could ever be considered for the 'big' televised games, so you can forget about it as far as Championship or lower - or even for that matter, your Stoke v Fulham type Premier League matches.

Not going to be possible - how many cameras (and therefore camera operators) would you require, and how many different angles? It's only something that could ever be considered for the 'big' televised games, so you can forget about it as far as Championship or lower - or even for that matter, your Stoke v Fulham type Premier League matches.

Not many operators and not that many cameras as you can have them running on wires and placed in all sorts of places and remotely operated, you could also design them to track the ball.  The tech is out there.

Archived