Best player this season?

McClarensLads

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The success of the team is due to every player putting in great performances. Many of last season's players have stepped up i.e. Forsyth, Martin etc. The new players we've brought in have also been playing well-Dawkins, Russell, Grant. The whole team playing well as a unit has put us where we are, not necessarily just one player. However if i had to pick one stand-out player so far this season, it would be Bryson.

Jake Buxton

Craig Bryson

Chris Martin

comfortably our top 3 this season. Has to be Bryson, surely? 

Have to agree.

Bucko though, from what and where he came from, he's been immense. When you think we loaned in a promising CD from Man utd, who won POTY at Leic's the season before and didn't get a sniff, shows how well he's played since Steve came in.

I'd go with Bryson.

There maybe players who have had better individual performances and appear to be more technically gifted.

But across the season so far, he's been the most consistent and had the least (if any?) quieter/weaker performances.

And I don't think it's just because he's got a 'good engine'.

I think we can all see it's something much more than that.

Obviously Bryson and Martin have been on fire, not to mention having a combination of some of the best wingers you can get in the division. But the squad as a whole's been fantastic there's been an abundance of players in the side playing their role very well

Buxton- been a rock all season, I think he's only missed one game (Leeds)?

Eustace- Part of the reason we can afford to be such an attacking team; love him.

Forsyth- has come on leaps and bounds from being the giraffe on ice we had at the start of the season, is genuinely a quality left-back and getting better each game.

Sammon- has won us a few crucial points this season. Watford, Boro and his performance at Blackburn are 5 points gained.

Bryson's been brilliant this season because we've been brilliant. Not the other way round. I really do rate Bryson highly, I think he's a key member of the team, but he goes quiet in games which don't suit him. When the game is slow or of poor quality, he doesn't grab the game by the scruff of the neck or drag the rest of the team up with him. A performance like Eustace's against Ipswich doesn't seem to be in him.

He's the same player he's always been, just playing in a better team. I'm not trying to belittle his achievements this season but I've always thought he'd look good in a good side.

The difference is Derby play well when Martin and Hughes are playing well. They get the side ticking. We look very average when the two of them are off their game.

So best player? Bryson's been in the best form and has probably given us the most. But Hughes and Martin have been the key players.

Buxton has also been brilliant, but his role at the hasn't been as significant to our style as our attacking players in a system largely set up to simply out-score the opposition.

Buxton for me.

Easily the most reliable performer week in, week out. The irony of becoming a reasonably cultured CB will be lost on no one.

Forsyth has been brilliant, but I think that's looking at where he came from. He's a really strong LB - wouldn't say he's been our best player.

It'd be between them two for me.

Bryson's been brilliant this season because we've been brilliant. Not the other way round. I really do rate Bryson highly, I think he's a key member of the team, but he goes quiet in games which don't suit him. When the game is slow or of poor quality, he doesn't grab the game by the scruff of the neck or drag the rest of the team up with him. A performance like Eustace's against Ipswich doesn't seem to be in him.

He's the same player he's always been, just playing in a better team. I'm not trying to belittle his achievements this season but I've always thought he'd look good in a good side.

The difference is Derby play well when Martin and Hughes are playing well. They get the side ticking. We look very average when the two of them are off their game.

So best player? Bryson's been in the best form and has probably given us the most. But Hughes and Martin have been the key players.

Buxton has also been brilliant, but his role at the hasn't been as significant to our style as our attacking players in a system largely set up to simply out-score the opposition.

Agree with every word.

Archived