Best player this season?

McClarensLads

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, Chris Martin has been our pivotal player. Without him, our whole game plan fails.

He's been strong in possession, has played the foil for the 4 midfielders to get into the game high up the pitch and has given a fair few centre backs a bit of a torrid time. For such a decent player, he seems quite happy to mix it up a bit too and has a bit of a nasty streak, which he uses intelligently.

Every single player to a man has been pretty outstanding. If one looks off it a bit someone else steps up. They've all had bad games here and there but over all the consistency has been pretty remarkable.

If you're talking stand out I think you've got to look at the spine of the team

Grant, Keogh, Bucko, Bryson & Martin.

Agree with others about Bryso, he never runs a game, like we've seen from Will but he has a very handy knack of being in the right place at the right time, he must have won us a fair few points this season though.

For me the two real stand alone players are Bucko and Martin. For different and similar reasons.

If I had to pick a winner, it'd be Bucko on the basis of that Maradonna turn he pulled tonight. Football genius.

Archived