Realistic speculation of final league standings

RampantRam

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/oform.html

Oh Eddie. Oh Eddie.

Oh Eddie. Oh Eddie.

Please note....we are 8th. Yes......8th.

You must have so many on ignore. How very sad.

Taking last 8 games when we have played Wigan, Fester, Brighton and QPR in the last 8 games is not really representative of form is it tho? It just means weve played the other in form teams all at once. 

And even if we continued to be 8th most in form team for the rest of the season how would this make us the 7th best team overall when we were 2nd at the half way stage?

We would have to see a drop in current form for us not to get to the play offs.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester

Derby

Forest

Burnley

QPR

Ipswich

I realistically believe we'll be reasonably unstoppable for the rest of the season. I honestly believe we'll get a result against Burnley and Forest, and we'll do as expected against the lower sides. Which is not to say we'll win them all, but I certainly don't expect us to loose many (if any) for the rest of the season.

I think we might even start to reel Leicester in, and it might get quite exciting at the end of the season, but I think they've got too much of a start on us.

To give them their due, I think Forest might keep pace with us, and in doing so help us out with wins against Burnley and QPR. But ultimately we'll stay strong and they won't be able to catch us, missing out by 2 points at the end.

And, I'll chuck a bit of love their way by allowing them to win the play offs. It might get the area a bit of publicity to have all three EM clubs invade the prem. But, of course, if they were to loose the play offs, I would piss myself laughing. Just as long as ******* QPR don't win it, I've decided I can't stand them, and they're definitely in my 5 most hated teams now.

Form table:

Last 5 games

Forest 13 points

Leicester 13 points

Derby 11 points

QPR 10 points

Reading 9 points

Burnley 9 points

Wigan 7 points

Last 10 games

Leicester 28 points

Forest 22 points

Burnley 19 points

Derby 18 points

Wigan 18 points

QPR 17 points

Reading 13 points

Last 15 games

Leicester 35 points

Derby 33 points

Forest 28 points

Burnley 25 points

QPR 25 points

Reading 23 points

Wigan 21 points

It seems that once again you are talking utter garbage, McSilks.

No change there then.

And yet, looking at these stats, no sign of Brighton.

But for some reason people still tip them for 6th...? Lost Bridcutt and Barnes, combine this with their paper thin squad with their injuries and they are very unlikely to get there. They are there, but on 1-0's here and there. Slip up against the little sides generally.

I think the top 5 as it is now will stay there (with perhaps some reshuffling amongst ourselves, but the top 5 remain top 5) and 6th is a 2/3 horse race between Reading, Wigan and maybe Ipswich. If you're looking for your team that make their late surge and take the last spot, look no further than Reading/Wigan.

Equally, if you're looking for your team that fall away and finish on bad form, look no further than Brighton.

Leicester still have to play Forest Burnley QPR Reading

Burnley to play Forest Derby Leicester Reading

Forest to play Leicester Burnley Derby QPR

QPR to play Reading Forest Leicester

Derby to play Burnley Forest Reading

Still a long way to go and all the top 6 are going to drop points against each other somewhere.

We just have to keep doing our own thing.

Was enjoying this thread immensely. Ah well

Anyway my take. The top six won't change positions. No matter how much I would love to see the rams in 2nd. I think Burnley have proved us and others time and time again wrong.

We'd have to lose about 10 out of the next 16 to miss out I reckon - if we did that, I'd be utterly, utterly stunned.

Just an opinion Albert. A post made in a couple of minutes.

Maybe 80 was a little high.

There are others in the mix though who have expreience and capable players.

I just think one top 6 side will falter and it could well be Derby.

Well, we're on 55 and the playoffs is going to be in the range of 68-76 (75 is the record for missing out). This means that we'd need to get in the range of 13-21. Keep in mind that the suggestion of the current table is that the likely required points is closer to 70 than 76. Given that we'll need between 13-21 points from 16 games this gives us that 3 wins and a draw in 16 may well be enough (0.81 points per game is awful awful relegation form), while the upper end is 7 wins (1.31 points per game, lower mid table form). Missing out on the playoffs would take an utter disaster at this point, and to be honest I'd say that not one of the top 5 won't finish in the top 6.

I'd actually like to see forest get promoted (only if we do) so we have all 3 east Midlands teams back were they belong, Derby Vs Forest in the premiership will be unbelievable 

I can see an argument that says the top flight is where Derby and Forest 'belong', but Leicester??

Leicester

Burnley

QPR

Derby

Forest

Brighton

We are 8th in the table on the form guide for the last 8 games when taking everything into account.

Stop talking out of your preverbial pisshole Eddie. Then again.......keep it up. You're always good for a laugh.

You want to go down the road of being rude and insulting to fellow posters then I'll play your immature game and fight fire with fire.

We maybe 8th in the form table you have posted but have collected the same points as 3 other teams that are above us in the form table. If we do that then there is no need to worry.

Archived