Realistic speculation of final league standings

RampantRam

Out of every side in the top 6 currently I'd choose Burnley to play in the semis to be honest. Good manager in Dyche but I honestly think they have the weakest squad out of the 6, if Ings get injured they're screwed

No chance, I'd want QPR or Brighton. 

Burnley and Forest grind out results, they don't lose many nor look like losing many. Irritating as it may be. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st) Leicester City - 94

2nd) QPR - 89

3rd) Forest - 85

4th) Burnley - 85

5th) Reading - 81

6th) Wigan - 80

Wigan to scrape into the play-offs (history suggests there is always a team that scrapes in and always a team that has a drop off in form)

Wigan to beat Burnley in the Play Off final.

Derby to finish 7th.

if aids was a post, this would be it

if aids was a post, this would be it

The form table suggests that Forest, Leicester, Burnley, Wigan and QPR have better recent form than Derby taking everything into account. 

Who am I to argue with history. One team always drops out and one team always enters the fray. 

On paper, Derby have the weakest squad so henceforth, I believe it will be Derby that slide backwards in the coming months.

The eternal pessimist I may be but I remain unconvinced from what I have seen of our credentials to be a top championship side.

The form table suggests that Forest, Leicester, Burnley, Wigan and QPR have better recent form than Derby taking everything into account. 

Who am I to argue with history. One team always drops out and one team always enters the fray. 

On paper, Derby have the weakest squad so henceforth, I believe it will be Derby that slide backwards in the coming months.

The eternal pessimist I may be but I remain unconvinced from what I have seen of our credentials to be a top championship side.

Form table:

Last 5 games

Forest 13 points

Leicester 13 points

Derby 11 points

QPR 10 points

Reading 9 points

Burnley 9 points

Wigan 7 points

Last 10 games

Leicester 28 points

Forest 22 points

Burnley 19 points

Derby 18 points

Wigan 18 points

QPR 17 points

Reading 13 points

Last 15 games

Leicester 35 points

Derby 33 points

Forest 28 points

Burnley 25 points

QPR 25 points

Reading 23 points

Wigan 21 points

It seems that once again you are talking utter garbage, McSilks.

No change there then.

Form table:

Last 5 games

Forest 13 points

Leicester 13 points

Derby 11 points

QPR 10 points

Reading 9 points

Burnley 9 points

Wigan 7 points

Last 10 games

Leicester 28 points

Forest 22 points

Burnley 19 points

Derby 18 points

Wigan 18 points

QPR 17 points

Reading 13 points

Last 15 games

Leicester 35 points

Derby 33 points

Forest 28 points

Burnley 25 points

QPR 25 points

Reading 23 points

Wigan 21 points

It seems that once again you are talking utter garbage, McSilks.

No change there then.

We are 8th in the table on the form guide for the last 8 games when taking everything into account.

Stop talking out of your preverbial pisshole Eddie. Then again.......keep it up. You're always good for a laugh.

You want to go down the road of being rude and insulting to fellow posters then I'll play your immature game and fight fire with fire.

We are 8th in the table on the form guide for the last 8 games when taking everything into account.

Stop talking out of your preverbial pisshole Eddie. Then again.......keep it up. You're always good for a laugh.

You remind me of three statisticians who went on a deer hunt. Suddenly, they saw a stag.

The first one fired and missed 10 yards left.

The second one fired and missed 10 yards right.

The third one (McSilks, I think his name was) said "We got it!"

Also, if you take the last 8 games, we are seventh - and two of the teams above us are Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton.

Again, no evidence to back up McSlit's preposterous garbage.

Also, if you take the last 8 games, we are seventh - and two of the teams above us are Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton.

Again, no evidence to back up McSlit's preposterous garbage.

8th.

Shame you cannot stick to facts.

Just keep changing them. Your'e so funny :D

You want to go down the road of being rude and insulting to fellow posters then I'll play your immature game and fight fire with fire.

Your posts always show with a brown font - presumably because of your primary data source.

You remind me of three statisticians who went on a deer hunt. Suddenly, they saw a stag.

The first one fired and missed 10 yards left.

The second one fired and missed 10 yards right.

The third one (McSilks, I think his name was) said "We got it!"

:D

I'm hurting. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

1st) Leicester City - 94

2nd) QPR - 89

3rd) Forest - 85

4th) Burnley - 85

5th) Reading - 81

6th) Wigan - 80

Wigan to scrape into the play-offs (history suggests there is always a team that scrapes in and always a team that has a drop off in form)

Wigan to beat Burnley in the Play Off final.

Derby to finish 7th.

80 points for 6th?! That'd be a whole 4 above the best for at least the last 16 years. 80 points is generally about 3rd-4th at worst, and the lowest points total to get 80+ since at least 5th, and that only happened once. The average for 4th is 78 points.

Based on previous trends and the current table, the top six will probably end up being something like:

1st - 94

2nd - 85

3rd - 85

4th - 81

5th - 80

6th - 70

The gap between the top 5 (well, really 2nd-5th, Leicester are almost certainly up) is far larger than I think you've given it credit for. That 7 points is something of the order of 0.44 points per game from now until the end of the season which is no easy task, especially when they're already chasing 1.52 odd (bottom end of the playoffs). 1.96 points per game is a 90 point season (automatic promotion) kind of form, and that's just to catch the bottom end there, and that's just for 6th to catch 5th.

Let's consider this Wigan example though. For them to make 80 points they'd need 37 points from 17 games, a mere 2.18 points per game. They've current at 1.48. For Reading to make 81 that's 2.13 up from their 1.57. For us to make less than 80, so let's say 79, that'd be 1.5 points, down from 1.83. Let's just ignore you predicting Forest to hammer home at 1.94 up from 1.80. When you take into account table flattening (that is, the general trend of the table becoming more compact as the season comes to a close) this seems less and less likely. It's just this effect that could allow Wigan (or any team really) to sneak in to 6th, but it would take something drastic for one of QPR, Burnley, us or Forest to miss out on at least the playoffs at this point.

80 points for 6th?! That'd be a whole 4 above the best for at least the last 16 years. 80 points is generally about 3rd-4th at worst, and the lowest points total to get 80+ since at least 5th, and that only happened once. The average for 4th is 78 points.

Based on previous trends and the current table, the top six will probably end up being something like:

1st - 94

2nd - 85

3rd - 85

4th - 81

5th - 80

6th - 70

The gap between the top 5 (well, really 2nd-5th, Leicester are almost certainly up) is far larger than I think you've given it credit for. That 7 points is something of the order of 0.44 points per game from now until the end of the season which is no easy task, especially when they're already chasing 1.52 odd (bottom end of the playoffs). 1.96 points per game is a 90 point season (automatic promotion) kind of form, and that's just to catch the bottom end there, and that's just for 6th to catch 5th.

Let's consider this Wigan example though. For them to make 80 points they'd need 37 points from 17 games, a mere 2.18 points per game. They've current at 1.48. For Reading to make 81 that's 2.13 up from their 1.57. For us to make less than 80, so let's say 79, that'd be 1.5 points, down from 1.83. Let's just ignore you predicting Forest to hammer home at 1.94 up from 1.80. When you take into account table flattening (that is, the general trend of the table becoming more compact as the season comes to a close) this seems less and less likely. It's just this effect that could allow Wigan (or any team really) to sneak in to 6th, but it would take something drastic for one of QPR, Burnley, us or Forest to miss out on at least the playoffs at this point.

Just an opinion Albert. A post made in a couple of minutes.

Maybe 80 was a little high.

There are others in the mix though who have expreience and capable players.

I just think one top 6 side will falter and it could well be Derby.

Leicester

Derby

QPR

Burnley

Forest

Wigan

The attitude of the QPR players and club of a whole ends up to be their downfall, cocky, and coincidentally cocking up.

Burnley rely too heavily on Ings, as a young man he panicks. Burnley slip.

Forests form drops a bit and Wigan step up a gear.

We play how we always play, and have a great run of form for the last 10 games, clinching second by 2 points.

That's how I honestly see it.

Up the Rams!

Archived