A sign. But of what?

ilkleyram

I was walking our dogs today in woods near Otley, just north of Leeds and about 5 miles from where I live.

On the path were a pair of woollen gloves. Closer inspection showed the initials DCFC in white on the knuckles. I hung them on the fence for the owners to find.

Apart from now knowing there's more than just me and my son as Rams fans around here, is it a sign? And if so, of what?

Anyone else come across random Rams references in unexpected places?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was walking our dogs today in woods near Otley, just north of Leeds and about 5 miles from where I live.

On the path were a pair of woollen gloves. Closer inspection showed the initials DCFC in white on the knuckles. I hung them on the fence for the owners to find.

Apart from now knowing there's more than just me and my son as Rams fans around here, is it a sign? And if so, of what?

Lovely up there on the Chevin. Just over the valley from me. Not my gloves though, there are a few of us in these parts!

I once forgot a really good pair of leather gloves at subway station. I got off the next station and went back but of course someone had taken them. As I was cursing how fecking stupid I was I saw the train come to the station on the other side. On the still moving train I saw the girl of my dreams. I asked her out and she said yes.

Since then I have ALWAYS taken extra care of my gloves.

End of.

Its god's way of letting us know.........that's all thats left of the person who started the "Drop Buxton" thread.........

That'd be McMittens

I went on holiday to Matagorda on Lanzarote a few years ago. It's a small resort with a sprinkling of bars and restaurants.

As we wandered around on the first evening we approached a bar that had signage over the front with a great big DCFC Ram on it. The bloke that ran it was from Derby! Suffice to say we spent some good evenings there.

Went back a couple of years later and it had changed hands and the Ram was gone. Was gutted.

Lovely up there on the Chevin. Just over the valley from me. Not my gloves though, there are a few of us in these parts!

I'm not too far away in Roundhay, so we've got a back four at least.

Not my gloves btw.

I'm not too far away in Roundhay, so we've got a back four at least.

Not my gloves btw.

Wrong side of Leeds for me so not mine either...

P.s. any Leeds based Rams noticed the Leeds Utd club shop outside the Trinity centre? Their 'made in Leeds' posters have the symbol of a Ram!!!

I went on holiday to Matagorda on Lanzarote a few years ago. It's a small resort with a sprinkling of bars and restaurants.

As we wandered around on the first evening we approached a bar that had signage over the front with a great big DCFC Ram on it. The bloke that ran it was from Derby! Suffice to say we spent some good evenings there.

Went back a couple of years later and it had changed hands and the Ram was gone. Was gutted.

That pub your on about, was it owned by a black guy called Leroy? He's a good mate of my dads. Massive derby fan. He used to own the Grampian in sinfin.

Archived