The demise of Forest

ladyram

What does it explain Psycho... I'm fascinated to know.

That when they stop mentioning the league table after 10 games they usually pretend it's all about who takes the most fans to away games.

Sort of ruined last season for me. All that winning, excitement, big games, great goals was just not that enjoyable knowing they took a couple of hundred more blokes on a bus to some place I couldn't give a fook about.

But anyway, at least the league table updates stop soon.

(Just a quick one, we all got in free before on mobile phone contracts. What is it now?)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do exactly the same deal at Forest for kids as they do at Derby....

Think you'll find the discounted tickets to workplaces is the same as well....

Where?

I work for a renowned Nottingham based company, never heard of anything.

Kids go to school in notts, never heard of anything.

This argument frustrates me somewhat. No club in the country sells out every week. To be frank, I am glad that at times when we were struggling, the club had the vision to offer reduced price tickets and even free ones to community partners. It is a basic marketing and sales principle that in the long term benefits the club in many ways.

1. Busy breeds busy. An atmosphere at any entertainment venue is very important, not just from a support perspective.

2. The 'freebies' are included in the stats as this increases the advertising revenue not just in the ground, but overall as we can demonstrate a strong (Rams) brand.

3. It has been proven that you are more likely to spend more at an event if you get free entry, why do you think so many places in every industry do it? This in turn means that the vendors inside the ground not only sell more but are more cost effective with a higher profit margin.

4. Encourages more fan base in the hard times ( both football and economic ) building a bond between the community.

5. Kids free encourages new support by negating the cost to the parent, but at the same time that parent pays, again increasing revenue.

i would be happy if all but the last few tickets (for on the day purchase) would be given away. Costs don't increase but profit and atmosphere will.

I think it says a lot about what the two clubs have had to brag about if they're arguing ticket prices and how many hundred more fans they have.

Same size clubs.

Be honest, when we were 4-1 up against Brighton and you knew you were off to Wembley would you have been upset if someone told you Forest have 10,000 more fans paying twice as much for some tickets?

Anyone impressed by Arsenal's attendance considering their ticket price?

Thought not.

Attendance is not  a big of  a deal as some think it is.  Yes, everyone wants the team they support to sell out, but does it really matter if they do not? Not to me it doesn't.  For instance, Monaco finished second in  France last year, and yet had one of the worst attendance records in the league.  Granted, that was due mainly to location, but still.  Also, a team I played in High School was the best team in the State year in and year out, but yet hardly ever sold out their home games.  And lastly, I think some people would just rather stay in the comforts of home and relax, rather than deal with big crowds. Or simply do not have the funds.

What matters is the performance on the pitch, not how many people watch that performance.

Interesting that your away numbers are poor compared to similar-sized clubs. I.e where the true hardcore element can be judged.

Says to me that your home attendance is probably made up of fair weather free-loaders.

Well surely number of season ticket holders would be a good measure then?

Or are all of our season tickets free too?

Should have taken it. Just think of all the decent football you could have watched. Another prime example of good Rams marketing. The club still got a lot of money through that offer.....you don't think Microsoft lost out on all the free xbox's given away with phone contracts?

To be honest, the ST/phone deals a) never looked that good deal from the phone point of view and b) who takes out a phone contract without getting either a very cheap deal OR a sweetner thrown in? It's only effect is likely to have been to entice a few people onto more expensive phone contacts who were already Derby fans and most likely have been going anyway. 

R@M has it down pat. Certainly the PL clubs could be charging nothing (or something nominal,

Archived