The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can see the stars a bit better on this pic

We won the European cup twice to get them stars. Did you know that ;)"d/14/06/14/uhena6up" alt="uhena6up">

This is priceless

Imagine paying for a flag where the name of the player is more prominent than your own team. If I did that for every match winner v florist I'd need an enormous flag.

Seriously, does this sum up your aspirations.

Morning chuckle alert

Kenny Burns column: Doing transfer business early means Nottingham Forest can go under the radar

By Nottingham Post  |  Posted: June 16, 2014

FOREST"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> have always been known to do their business late on. In the past, they've ended up getting players no other clubs want.

So it's good to see them starting to bring in players"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> early. It's good for the supporters, too. It gets them excited about next season.

Matty Fryatt is a goalscorer. I regard him as being a lot like Gary Lineker.

He's not a player"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> who seems to make much of an impression outside the box, but he always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

I've always liked him. He gets touches, toe-pokes, and he gets goals.

Hopefully he can be the one to get 20-odd goals for Forest next season; we need someone to score more often.

We don't score enough goals at Forest, and I would like to see someone scoring more often.

At 6ft 5in, Lars Veldwijk should be able to win some headers and hold the ball up, which will be a big asset for Forest.

Mario Balotelli did that ever so well for Italy against England, so there's still an argument for having a big man in the team. Stuart Pearce obviously regards Veldwijk, so we have to trust his judgement.

The way Billy Davies set the team up, the worst position to play in was centre forward. The ball was just passed about, rather than getting it in the box.

I think we over-played at times. We tried to be like Barcelona. We're Nottingham Forest"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1">, we're in the Championship, we shouldn't be trying to play like that.

Stuart Pearce obviously looked at up front as being a position he needed to strengthen.

That's saying to the likes of Simon Cox, Jamie Mackie and Darius Henderson, 'I'm not happy with you'.

I would think he'll be looking to get rid of three or four of the strikers already there.

I'm sure he's been getting good advice, and I would like to think he's asked John McGovern what he thinks about the squad.

John is a very knowledgeable man. Stuart doesn't have to go with what he says – he's a very knowledgeable man himself – but he can take it on board if he wants to.

I would think there will be more players coming in, and I would like to think there will be players going out.

But even if it is a very much a new-look squad, you can't use the excuse that it will take time to gel. For me, that's just a cop-out. It's an excuse for managers looking to be given extra time.

Good players know what to do, regardless of who they're playing alongside. They know when to kick it, they know when to head it and when to pass it.

At the minute, it's all about the World Cup, so not too many clubs have started signing players.

It means Forest and Stuart Pearce have gone under the radar a little bit, which is a good thing.

I don't think he'll sign any big names. He'll just do his business, keep quiet and that's it; bang. Done.

Seriously, is this guy for real, someone should have proof read that

Morning chuckle alert

Kenny Burns column: Doing transfer business early means Nottingham Forest can go under the radar

By Nottingham Post  |  Posted: June 16, 2014

FOREST"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> have always been known to do their business late on. In the past, they've ended up getting players no other clubs want.

So it's good to see them starting to bring in players"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> early. It's good for the supporters, too. It gets them excited about next season.

Matty Fryatt is a goalscorer. I regard him as being a lot like Gary Lineker.

He's not a player"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> who seems to make much of an impression outside the box, but he always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

I've always liked him. He gets touches, toe-pokes, and he gets goals.

Hopefully he can be the one to get 20-odd goals for Forest next season; we need someone to score more often.

We don't score enough goals at Forest, and I would like to see someone scoring more often.

At 6ft 5in, Lars Veldwijk should be able to win some headers and hold the ball up, which will be a big asset for Forest.

Mario Balotelli did that ever so well for Italy against England, so there's still an argument for having a big man in the team. Stuart Pearce obviously regards Veldwijk, so we have to trust his judgement.

The way Billy Davies set the team up, the worst position to play in was centre forward. The ball was just passed about, rather than getting it in the box.

I think we over-played at times. We tried to be like Barcelona. We're Nottingham Forest"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1">, we're in the Championship, we shouldn't be trying to play like that.

Stuart Pearce obviously looked at up front as being a position he needed to strengthen.

That's saying to the likes of Simon Cox, Jamie Mackie and Darius Henderson, 'I'm not happy with you'.

I would think he'll be looking to get rid of three or four of the strikers already there.

I'm sure he's been getting good advice, and I would like to think he's asked John McGovern what he thinks about the squad.

John is a very knowledgeable man. Stuart doesn't have to go with what he says – he's a very knowledgeable man himself – but he can take it on board if he wants to.

I would think there will be more players coming in, and I would like to think there will be players going out.

But even if it is a very much a new-look squad, you can't use the excuse that it will take time to gel. For me, that's just a cop-out. It's an excuse for managers looking to be given extra time.

Good players know what to do, regardless of who they're playing alongside. They know when to kick it, they know when to head it and when to pass it.

At the minute, it's all about the World Cup, so not too many clubs have started signing players.

It means Forest and Stuart Pearce have gone under the radar a little bit, which is a good thing.

I don't think he'll sign any big names. He'll just do his business, keep quiet and that's it; bang. Done.

Seriously, is this guy for real, someone should have proof read that

Highlighted in red is my favourite.  He must have been p1ssed as a fart most games if he thinks they even attempted to play like that...

Taking into account Psycho's signed a classic big man/little man duo for the coming season I can't imagine they'll be doing so any time soon either, unless Barca suddenly switch to a static 4-4-2 with a 17 stone left winger.  Then i'll eat my words...

I give up, a child must write it on his behalf... what is this nonsense?

"We need someone to score more often. We don't score enough goals at Forest, and I would like to see someone scoring more often"

I like the fact that anyone would spend all that time and money going to Brazil and then watch the game on a big tv...

Big TV? I honestly thought that it was a bouncy castle.

Cheers Kenny for the laughs.

Under the radar signings? As under the radar as their football...

I thought their 'football' was so far over the radar, they needed to get Jodrell Bank and the Hubble Space Telescope involved in tracking it.

I thought their 'football' was so far over the radar, they needed to get Jodrell Bank and the Hubble Space Telescope involved in tracking it.

Their fans have their heads in the clouds usually and have no trouble seeing the ball.

Just a word about you brave tree huggers.

Yesterday whilst walking home, I passed 4 or five youths around 16 or 17 years old, a couple of them wearing dogs shirts, I had my Rams top on and as soon as they spotted it, up came the baaaas and we hate Derby chants.

Now I am 71 years of age and walk with a stick but I have never taken **** from anyone, so I (maybe foolhardily ) shouted back we only had 10 men, and 5-0 ,5-0 5-0.

Upon this a couple of them ran towards me in a very aggressive manner, and I believe if it had not been for a couple of my neighbours coming around the corner I would have got a thumping.

All I can say is(tough I don't suppose they will see this) well done lads I hope you are proud of yourselves .

I give up, a child must write it on his behalf... what is this nonsense?

"We need someone to score more often. We don't score enough goals at Forest, and I would like to see someone scoring more often"

It really does read likes it's written by a four year old.

But seeing as most readers in Notts have the reading age of a 4 year old, maybe he's doing a bang up job. I have to write information for people with learning disabilities too, it's really difficult.

Yesterday whilst walking home, I passed 4 or five youths around 16 or 17 years old, a couple of them wearing dogs shirts, I had my Rams top on and as soon as they spotted it, up came the baaaas and we hate Derby chants.

Now I am 71 years of age and walk with a stick but I have never taken **** from anyone, so I (maybe foolhardily ) shouted back we only had 10 men, and 5-0 ,5-0 5-0.

Upon this a couple of them ran towards me in a very aggressive manner, and I believe if it had not been for a couple of my neighbours coming around the corner I would have got a thumping.

All I can say is(tough I don't suppose they will see this) well done lads I hope you are proud of yourselves .

Maybe you should start acting your age ;)

SCUM.

Big hard lads when their in a group.

Wouldn't of said a peep if on their own.

Maybe you should start acting your age ;)

If acting one's age is putting up with cretinous low-lifes of any description, then bolux to that. Chavs are chavs, and even though your reply has a winky smiley attached, it still looks as though it demonstrates tacit support.

I hope that's not the case, and that you would condemn thuggish aggression, even from Forest fans.

Archived