The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41022

Gumps getting realistic about their shambolic club. Fun read.

Comparisons with our two East Midlands "rivals" are complicated because both have new stadia. Derby somewhat luckily and Leicester somewhat dishonestly. That immediately gives them a crucial advantage in commercial income.

Why? Anyone know what he's on about?

Possibly because we had decided to redevelop the BBG before PG managed to get a good deal on PP being built (for the club) and convinced the board to go for it.

Shame, redeveloped baseball ground might have been quite cool. But then, in the long run, probably better to have a whole new stadium.

But then if this gump is saying us and leicester are so much better because we have new stadiums and therefore greater revenue potential, why hasn't Fawaz, the business genius, realised the commercial potential of this and sunk his limitless money into new stadium plans, rather than **** players.

NOTTINGHAM Forest will conduct an investigation into the club's crippling injury problems this season.

The crisis reached its peak on the final day of the campaign, when 13 players were unavailable through injury, illness or suspension.

The problem was made worse by the fact that Djamel Abdoun, Rafik Djebbour and Kevin Gomis had all been left out with caretaker boss Gary Brazil not convinced they had the right attitude to be part of the squad.

Injuries were a key factor under Billy Davies too, with the club robbed of Kelvin Wilson, Jack Hobbs, Chris Cohen, Andy Reid, Henri Lansbury, Eric Lichaj and David Vaughan – arguably their most influential players – for long periods of the campaign.

Many of the problems were picked up during matches, while others were sustained on the training ground.

And the club will investigate the situation over the summer to see if they can find a way to help keep the squad fitter as the new era under Stuart Pearce begins.

"There is an end of season discussion to be had, about how the season has gone and the practices and protocols that are in place," said caretaker boss Brazil. "Things will be looked at.

"I have not been involved, so I cannot offer an opinion.

"But the opportunity to be successful next season will be aided enormously by having Eric Lichaj, Kelvin Wilson, Jack Hobbs and Chris Cohen available.

"It will be aided by a fit Andy Reid, a fit David Vaughan and a fit Henri Lansbury.

"That would make any Championship team stronger, having them on your pitch for 35 or 40 games of the season. That would not half give you a good chance."

Brazil admits his task was made harder by the injury problems, in the final eight games he took charge of – but refused to use it as an excuse.

"It is two-thirds of a team and that is what has been missing," he said.

"That is not to demean anyone who has come in and played. But, if those type of players available, for the majority of the season, you know and I know that it would make a significant difference."

And Brazil says he enjoyed his time in charge.

"We had to pick things up, we had to create a little bit of harmony, a little positivity. That has been hard work. But it has been enjoyable. There have been times when we have taken a lot of pleasure from this," he said.

"We are just frustrated that we have not accumulated enough points. Let us not beat around the bush, we should be in the play-offs.

"From the position we held, we should have been in there. We are not and we need to learn from that."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-launch-investigation-crippling/story-21071566-detail/story.html#ixzz316qtl9LR

A lot of what Gary Brazil says screams "Billy is a cnt" to me..... "We had to pick things up, we had to create a little bit of harmony, a little positivity. That has been hard work.", suggests that Billy totally fcked up the dressing room. I will be amazed if he manages at Champ level again in England.

A lot of what Gary Brazil says screams "Billy is a cnt" to me..... "We had to pick things up, we had to create a little bit of harmony, a little positivity. That has been hard work.", suggests that Billy totally fcked up the dressing room. I will be amazed if he manages at Champ level again in England.

ftfy.

That said - it would be nice if he could take Leeds and pick them apart :D

I wonder what Forest fans are doing tonight ?

Hoping that you mess it up tonight? I think it will be a draw which will be an excellent result for you.

I don't think we will see anything meaningful from the report. Davies' teams have not been injury prone in the past.

Hoping that you mess it up tonight? I think it will be a draw which will be an excellent result for you.

I don't think we will see anything meaningful from the report. Davies' teams have not been injury prone in the past.

Think we had two bad seasons of injuries under Nigel. Just one of them things. Even a massive squad like United had no defenders at one point under Fergie.

Why waste time on an investigation. Be better to investigate how you bought Djebbour but are now sending him back from his loan?

Archived