Request to all members

ronnieronalde

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see things going forward Ronnie.

I read a lot and I especially like and favor biographies. This is a biography worth reading. I found this book funny, full of emotion and easy to read.

For Brian Clough fans I think this book is ideal.

I don't know about the final version but I believe the story of this kid will raise some feelings about ones own childhood and the times in which the story happens. Also the book made me think about the world that some kids have to cope with. I'm very eager to get this book on my hands. It will be cherished.

Thanks for that Cisse, and again I must say, I'm not sure I'd have kept going if it wasn't for the lovely support from you and LR, I forgot to thank Alpha as well. Thanks, genuinely.

Thanks for that Cisse, and again I must say, I'm not sure I'd have kept going if it wasn't for the lovely support from you and LR, I forgot to thank Alpha as well. Thanks, genuinely.

I consider myself privileged that you gave me the chance to share that story so early on.

I would be interested, intrigued now, if poss a sample would be good. Plus its for charity, even better.

for the few who've asked.

I'd love to put something up but have been advised not to do it yet as once it's in the public domain it's not protected pre publishing.

I'm looking into putting up some kind of synopsis, but I want to balance it by not spoiling some of the surprises.

Be patient with me, I'm new to this writing and publishing lark, you can be sure though that DCFC fans will be the first place that get's updates.

I'm not a professional writer and I hope everyone remembers that when they read it ;-)

I've read some chapters from it.

It's funny and sad and sometimes both at the same time.

In some ways it reminded me of Adrian Mole! In the sense that its got an everyday guy feeling to it. But some of Ronnie's experiences aren't everyday. More than a few.

It's brutally honest.

You're not reading a book written by an ego here. This isn't someone who's selling books to 'fans'. It's not someone who needs to uphold an image or whatever.

It's a bloke who's life is spluttered out onto paper and its quite raw.

Well, I'm definitely interested - I've always got my nose in a book, let us know when it's out - send me a couple of pages, whatever. Just don't forget me.  ;)

I've read some chapters from it.

It's funny and sad and sometimes both at the same time.

In some ways it reminded me of Adrian Mole! In the sense that its got an everyday guy feeling to it. But some of Ronnie's experiences aren't everyday. More than a few.

It's brutally honest.

You're not reading a book written by an ego here. This isn't someone who's selling books to 'fans'. It's not someone who needs to uphold an image or whatever.

It's a bloke who's life is spluttered out onto paper and its quite raw.

That is a great and accurate review. Well put indeed.

Ronnie, I wouldn't put yourself under undue pressure. People will absorb the details, not the writing style, your own perceived 'amateur' writing, or the structure. Every Author has a first book they wrote.

Actually the amateur writing adds on the story. Although I've read the story as its first version without any literate things. Perhaps that's why it was so moving. Barenaked truth. How many times can you see that ?

Ronnie, I wouldn't put yourself under undue pressure. People will absorb the details, not the writing style, your own perceived 'amateur' writing, or the structure. Every Author has a first book they wrote.

Thanks Mostyn,

I'm being deadly serious though, when I say I've never been so afraid in all my life.

The overall reaction of readers might be negative. It wouldn't shock me at all if the character comes out of this badly.

One thing I will say is that there won't be a second one. I've just said to someone on PM, I didn't write it to become well known, I wrote it because I strongly believe it's a story that should be told.

I've laughed like an idiot, then It's taken me to places I never wanted to go back to. It's been brilliant and heartbreaking at the same time.

It will be worth it all if some tiny bit good comes out of it.

Must say the response so far and the feedback from the lads who've read it, has been very humbling indeed.

I'm now really intrigued and for a tenner going to charity then count me in. I've never classed myself as an avid reader but on the odd occasion when I've picked up a book, I seem to have been quite lucky and not been able to put it down - maybe that says more about me than the book?

Please make sure we have the ordering details as soon as you have them

Archived