Request to all members

ronnieronalde

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Even though I've been fairly quiet, things are moving along very nicely indeed.

Printer chosen, graphic designer working on the cover, famous and successful author doing the editing for me. The interest and levels of support have been incredible. I'll be releasing little updates with some nice surprises,

I'd like to ask for a bit more support from forum members, the facebook page has gone live today.

Not too much content on there yet but it'll come.

https://www.facebook.com/fromtoughlifetocloughlife?ref=hl

Can you please pop in over the weekend and  "like" the page for me?

cheers.

Ronnie

Even though I've been fairly quiet, things are moving along very nicely indeed.

Printer chosen, graphic designer working on the cover, famous and successful author doing the editing for me. The interest and levels of support have been incredible. I'll be releasing little updates with some nice surprises,

I'd like to ask for a bit more support from forum members, the facebook page has gone live today.

Not too much content on there yet but it'll come.

https://www.facebook.com/fromtoughlifetocloughlife?ref=hl

Can you please pop in over the weekend and "like" the page for me?

cheers.

Ronnie

Liked!

Hi Ronnie

I only just saw this thread. I'm a marketing copywriter and like almost all of the breed, I had the "novel in the bottom drawer" until about a year ago, when my son persuaded me to self-publish a novel that I originally wrote about 20 years ago. So I did, and it was enormous fun - but I just did it as an e-book (for Kindle and similar tablets). I've got loads of good reviews as well!

You say that you have chosen a printer, but have you thought about the e-book route? You can do it for almost nothing, or very little, and there are loads of ways of promoting it. If you want any advice on how to do it, PM me - I'm happy to help.

Incidentally, in addition to the Facebook page (which I didn't use) you should get yourself a Twitter account specifically for the book.

A quick update. Thanks to those who clicked like, even bigger thanks to those who shared the page.

Another request today to visit FB to those who might find time this week.

https://www.facebook.com/fromtoughlifetocloughlife

I've started asking for donations from a couple of organisations to try to get the fund raising rolling.

I'll be posting details of some incentives for ordinary readers who can commit early to pre-orders.

I've had some brilliant news over the last couple of days and am expecting more to be lined up over the coming weeks.

A really nice gesture from Andy Appleby and Lisa the marketing director.

I'll post details next week, it won't be for everyone but it's a really nice thing the club have just done for this project.

I did PM Ronnie about this tale. And what I said is that after reading this story I have been trying to be a better person. That is the kind of people we are dealing with.

Reading this post has intrigued me....I'm in Australia so might prefer an electronic copy. But, certainly, put me down ..I actually think there's an untapped reservoir of fan and personal knowledge about the great man.

And the respect a number of posters hold you in speaks volumes. Although I still resent your name, Ronnie. My father used to make us listen to his records. Consequently, I still grimace when people whistle around me! Unless, of course, you are the bloke who did the recordings in which case, I loved them...

A quick update. Thanks to those who clicked like, even bigger thanks to those who shared the page.

Another request today to visit FB to those who might find time this week.

I've started asking for donations from a couple of organisations to try to get the fund raising rolling.

I'll be posting details of some incentives for ordinary readers who can commit early to pre-orders.

I've had some brilliant news over the last couple of days and am expecting more to be lined up over the coming weeks.

A really nice gesture from Andy Appleby and Lisa the marketing director.

I'll post details next week, it won't be for everyone but it's a really nice thing the club have just done for this project.

Just saw this..liking now! Out of curiosity (and please forgive the impertinence), did you by chance see the movie, The Damned United? While I've heard nothing but praise for the acting performance of the guy who played Mr Clough, I've also heard varying accounts of whether he actually captured him that accurately. Do you have a view?

Just saw this..liking now! Out of curiosity (and please forgive the impertinence), did you by chance see the movie, The Damned United? While I've heard nothing but praise for the acting performance of the guy who played Mr Clough, I've also heard varying accounts of whether he actually captured him that accurately. Do you have a view?

I should start by saying I'm totally biased and a bit defensive when it comes to BC.

On the Damned United, I've got two seperate views really RamDon. I thought the book was total ******** and didn't even get close to portraying Brians personality.

I wasn't around for those Leeds days but the Brian Clough I knew was NOTHING like the way Dave Pearce portrayed him.

Then the movie is based on the book so thats a very poor starting point, but they made the best out of a bad script.

If you're asking whether I thought Michael Sheen himself caught Brian (voice, mannerisms etc) then yes, I thought he was as good as he could be. His real personality doesn't come through even in the movie but Sheen couldn't have done any better than he did.

By the way, I don't want to attempt to pass myself off as an authority on all things Brian, the only ones who can do that are his own family.

I was just a lucky, daft kid who's got some really nice memories.

Thanks for liking by the way. The next big boost coming from DCF posters would be to comment or share the page and links. You've already helped me start to build a really nice audience. I feel that there are a few alongside me on this project. it's really very cool indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned a couple of weeks back I got a nice boost for the project from Andy Applebey and Lisa the marketing director.

Even though they can't support the book, they've very kindly donated an executive box for late September/ early October, match to be confirmed once the (PL) Fixtures are out ;-)

It's a huge chance for me to kick off the project of fundraising and I'm hoping there may even be one or two from dcfcfans with big enough wallets to do something exceptionally nice. A lot of you have big hearts  but I also now times are tough and I'm not going to be offended if I don't see too many replies to this one

5 spots available, 300 quid a person (I'll be paying for my spot as well) - proceeds go to charity.

PM me if any interest. Thanks.

Archived