Derby County v Wigan Athletic

sage

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell terrible? I have to disagree JW.

Wardy wasn't his best, did he go off in a mard down the tunnel?

no just shook hands with everyone. Thought Russell was better after being knocked out, thought he was non existent before!

Russell woke up in the last 15 mins but apart from that he was dreadful, and i'm one of his biggest fans.

Ward has been like that all season apart from that little 4 or 5 game spell where he kept scoring.

You mean when we started using the ball into the corner and stopped fannying around with it at the back putting ourselves under pressure

Don't think we deserved to lose today! A point would have been a fair result! They have probably the best team on paper and still had to be dirty and waste time! Yes it worked but would hate to watch that every week when your players get paid about 20k a week

Awful game - wigan! - a crime against football - aided and abetted by weak/***** referee.

But - a reminder that we have to mix it with some tough physical teams if we are to make further progress.

No one is to blame  but ward had a poor game and Jake looked flustered first half. Poor defending for their goal.

No one can complain and Wigan can have come as no surprise. As I said previously, Wigan had made it quite clear in the week how they were gonna play us. And to be frank it is the perfect way to do so. Press high up the pitch both at the back and up front - the latter stopping us playing out of the back. Squeeze the game. Harass and harangue. Our game is based on good possession and if you can stop that then you stop us. It's not rocket science.

And we might as well get used to it as every other team playing against us at IPRO from now on (unless it's one of the top 3-4) will follow the same plan.

I'd said 0-1.

"Should have played Sammon"

"Should have played Cisse, he played well the last time I saw him"

one person said the players didn't want to win and he wants lots of new fresh players.

couldn't believe it when I heard it in the car, crazy! 

Frustrates me with people who ring up and say stupid things like that just because we lost.

1 loss in 10 and we arnt happy. can some proper fans ring up next time please.

They stopped us playing, but we're also very dirty, targeting Ward and Russell. Ref should have stepped in earlier to put a stop to all rough stuff.

Wigan stopped us creating and until Dawkins came on we struggled. Wisdom found more freedom in 2nd half on right hand side. maybe we should have used him more.

What happened to the south stand? Did they leave after Wigan scored, certainly went very quiet

Wigan deserved their win. Yes, they were physical, yes they were cynical, but they were stronger than us in all areas today and we never got going. We didn't step up the tempo until after they scored (great goal by the way) but our biggest fault was thumping long balls upfield which played into the hands of their towering centre halves. They always seemed to have an extra man in midfield and stifled our build up play.

Certainly nothing to get too concerned about. We will be back!

Well that was worth the 230 mile round trip in the pissing rain! The team allowed themselves to be bullied and it was disappointing but we would have taken 4th place a few months ago. As long as the recent tailing off of performances stops soon I'm still happy.

Archived