Derby County v Wigan Athletic

sage

Only lost one game all year.

Only let in one goal all year.

Still in the top 4

Don't reckon this is a relegation year

Florist only drew.

Still in the cup with a top game coming up.

Happy new year all!

I'm lookin @ the world through rose coloured glasses

Everything is rosy now!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, think the cup might do us good this week and it was probably just catching up with us eventually. Ah well. Still 20 odd points above relegation spots

Yeah. Positivity.

New striker. Sammon surely on the list to go.

Even Brazil get beat from time to time.

Yeah. Positivity.

New striker. Sammon surely on the list to go.

Even Brazil get beat from time to time.

Yep! In fact I blame Sammon for Martins miss. Heard Forest were after a striker.....

I blame Sammon for the **** in the middle East.

How can we expect jews, muslims and Christians all to get along, when the lad can't win a header?

Quite true, maybe he should should start pontificating and bringing us all together as one.

The run we've just been on means that todays result doesn't really matter.  Wigan are no mugs and it sounded like we probably deserved to nick a point.

Some tough games coming up but the important thing is not to panic, we've got enough of a cushion to absorb a dodgy result every now and then.

Chelsea, Leicester away, Brighton at home, Blackburn away.

Nobody should be panicking if we get notihng from those games.

We'e too good to drop out of the top 6, it would take a collapse of epic proportions if we're not  top 4 come the last week of the season.

How we didn't score today I don't know.

Dawkins and Hendrick made a difference when coming on.

Ward absolute dog ***** again.

Forsyth's crossing was dire. (normally quite good)

But hey, 1 defeat in 10 games, I'll take that. 

Tough next game against Leicester though! 

Confirming pretty much what we already knew - Ward needs dropping and we need another LB (for cover at least, but more importantly to give Forsyth some competition).

wigan got the tactics right.

Mccann dropping deep nullified bryson.

They do what we don't.....press and close and kick chunks out of people.

I still thought we deserved a point but missed a great chance.

The quality of the final ball - esp from forsyth - was lacking.

Eustace plays at such a slow pace that we struggle to raise the tempo.

Finally - shiit ref who gave Martin nothing.

Wigan should not have 11 on the pitch by the end.

Having booked Perch the ref allowed him to waste time because he was too scared to issue another yellow.

hendrick and dawkins improved us.

One of those days when we perhaps should have settled for a 0-0 but Powell made a good run to win the corner.....and then we saw our other failing.....we allow people possession and shots from the edge of the box.

Good shot though.

****** to it.

Cant believe im hearing fans on the radio calling for Martin to be dropped because of today. If its for a rest then fair enough but not because of his performance

one person said the players didn't want to win and he wants lots of new fresh players.

couldn't believe it when I heard it in the car, crazy! 

Very disappointed with today. We gifted them a goal. Should have been closed down from the corner instantly. We had at least 4 chances that should have been in the back of the net and on another day would have been. They were also a childish and dirty side. Disgusted with a lot of the things the Wigan players did. 

On to the next one. We lost that game not because we didn't deserve to win so...No-one needs to be dropped or this or that. You win some, you lose some, you can't win them all. 

No plan B

If the opposition come and sit a high line and pressure the CH or FB when the keeper rolls it out - don't keep doing it

We have ward and Russell with pace, Martin who can hold it up. Sometimes fall on the pretty sword and play direct. Give our midfield a chance to get on the second ball, play it into corners behind their advanced full backs.

Give them a different focus other than just blond pressure. Make them defend further away from our goal to give us space to play out from the back.

The above is what I thought SM meant last week when he talked about earning the right to play. Obviously he meant "keep doing the same thing during a game and expect a different outcome as the game wears on"

The reason we started creating chances later on was they sat back after scoring in the main - because we shifted the ball up field quicker, used the corners and put it up to Sammon and Martin

Archived