Derby County v Wigan Athletic

sage

Yeah. Positivity.

New striker. Sammon surely on the list to go.

Even Brazil get beat from time to time.

I blame Sammon for the **** in the middle East.

How can we expect jews, muslims and Christians all to get along, when the lad can't win a header?

Why have you started all this sammon shiit.

Nobody has mentioned sammon or blamed him for anything.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost because we deserved too. Passing was poor, tempo was poor and the partnership between Martin and Bryson didn't shine.

I can't believe some of the reaction I just heard on the radio.

Great hindsight management. Lemme guess, shoulda played 442?

Yep, disappointed is the word that springs to mind. We weren't at our best, ref was weak and we also didn't get any luck - a bad combination.

Keane was superb, Buxton not far behind him. Wisdom is not quite at the level he showed a month ago, but that's not surprising for a young player who will never have played so many first team games in a row before.

What was really frustrating was to see us being outmuscled in midfield, and second to so many of the 50:50 balls - an unwelcome reminder of the recent past. I have been a huge fan of what Eustace has done this season, but he has been found out it seems, and is no longer bossing games for us. It was very interesting, though, to see Hughes playing so deep towards the end. I have never seen him play that role before and he really impressed. He does seem to have got a lot stronger, all of a sudden.

The January window now poses a huge challenge to our owners - I'd love to see us push the boat out for a colossus of a player in midfield, perhaps from the continent? It's probably madness but I would love to see Brayford back too. Add Bamford, hang on to Hughes and Bryson, and let's go for it. If the wheels were really falling off we'd have got a caning today. As it was we came about as close to snatching a draw as we could have.

I don't see the need to resort to direct football.

What we do, when it works, is unbeatable.

We just need more players. If we don't get new players, performances like today could be what stops us going up.

It isn't going to work against a team that presses on as much as Wigan did. There's no space to play it from the back. We need to force them onto the back foot to create space to play our football and drag them out of position.

The way we play has got results - but against Doncaster, Barnsley and Huddersfield and today when teams have pressed us and come at us we can't play our football

Wigan did it to us for the full game and got the win

Barnsley almost took the draw and Huddersfield did.

We've been found out and teams will

teams one and "do a job" on us more often

We just weren't at the races today.

I felt we missed the chance to take the initiative in the first half when we chose not to deliver a few balls into the box from free kicks. I know we want to be a footballing team but would a side coming to an in form top 2 side rather defend a few balls delivered into the box or watch as we play across the front of them for a few passes before getting in trouble and losing the ball.

Dirty team Wigan are, fouling every 5 minutes.

Ref should have whipped his card out from the beginning, sending a message that persistent fouls were going to be punished. He didn't, so they carried on doing it.

Poor JR got kicked all over the place ( my mom btw)

But they did stop us playing, on occassion we did turn them and managed to push up but they were always there, midfield or the box, they were there and we didn't have a convincing enough answer, hence hardly any efforts on goal.

And dunno what Granty was doing but he lived dangerously a few times which could have cost us, and when it nearly did he balled out the defence.

But maybe a loss will get rid of any complacency and make everyone more determined to prove our run was no fluke.

So I'm not panicking, but just looking forward to regrouping and moving on because we deserve to be up there where we are.

2 Games in a row we haven't closed down quick enough and two superb goals have been scored but they could have been avoided...

Also, we have prided ourselves on being clinical and we weren't today but today was just an off day

The run was going to come to end but hopefully this will stop the complacency and get them roaring for the important much next Friday...keep the faith 

Disappointed.

Anybody know why that fan got dragged out by a load of stewards?

Dunno but they were quick to pounce on him weren't they? I was expecting a rugby tackle.

We saw him after being walked to the away fans coaches between 2 policemen.

A little disappointed with the result but it isn't the end of the world. We've been on a great run and narrowly lost today.

Martin was unlucky not to score his chance and had it have gone in then it's a different game.

The referee was poor and should've clamped down on their time wasting.

Abysmal game, crap performance.

Just seemed liked a lot of the players couldn't be arsed today. I thought Russell and Ward were absolutely terrible.

I was gonna say thank god Sammon didn't miss the open goal from 2 yards out as Martin did as he may not have left the ipro alive, but it looks as though he is taking the blame anyway.

Oh and shocking atmosphere as well, it was just like the old days.

-_-

Archived